Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

Wow. Only 1 out left in the game. Benches almost cleared. Mets players have been hit at least 3 or 4 times in this series. Tensions running high. This Philly player Hoskins appeared to move toward the mound twice after two pitches almost hit him. 

 

Okay. Game over. Brawl averted. haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

During the broadcast, the announcers said that Jake had some harsh words for Harper after Harper got ejected last night. I did not hear what he said but it sounds like Jake and Harper did not hang out with each other after the game last night.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

During the broadcast, the announcers said that Jake had some harsh words for Harper after Harper got ejected last night. I did not hear what he said but it sounds like Jake and Harper did not hang out with each other after the game last night.

Jake is a true leader. Cubs miss his leadership. Yu couldn't carry his jockstrap :funny:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jake is a true leader. Cubs miss his leadership. Yu couldn't carry his jockstrap :funny:

 

From Jake:

 

The highlights:

We need him in right field. I don’t care how bad the umpire is, he wasn’t great for either side. I’m out there, trying to make pitches, he misses some calls, so what? We need [Harper] out there.”

 

“I’m out there doing everything I can to win a game. I need my guys behind me, and they weren’t.”

 

“We need him in right field. I don’t care how bad he is, I need him right field, I need him at the plate, and he wasn’t there.”

 

Arietta Calls Out Harper

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

From Jake:

 

The highlights:

We need him in right field. I don’t care how bad the umpire is, he wasn’t great for either side. I’m out there, trying to make pitches, he misses some calls, so what? We need [Harper] out there.”

 

“I’m out there doing everything I can to win a game. I need my guys behind me, and they weren’t.”

 

“We need him in right field. I don’t care how bad he is, I need him right field, I need him at the plate, and he wasn’t there.”

 

Arietta Calls Out Harper

In the 3 years Jake and Kris Bryant played together, I don't ever remember Jake calling Bryant out once. He is already calling 300 million dollar man out in the 1st 25 games lmao 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

Nice move. I did not think a runner can leave the running lane like that and not be called out. 

 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't either but maybe they give the runner a foot lee way, not sure. He was called safe haha 

 You get three feet, unless you’re trying to avoid interference with a fielder who has a play on the ball.

 

 

http://www.umpirebible.com/index.php/rules-base-running/basepath-running-lane

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 

Man the end of that game had me on the edge of my seat!!!!

 

 

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

Standings in the NL Central as of April 24th (after tonight):

Cards 15-9

Cubs 12-10 (2 back)

Pirates 12-10 (2 back)

Brewers 13-13 (3 back)

Reds 9-14 (5.5 back)

-We are tied with the Pirates for 2nd place and look now at the Brewers after that hot start. Baseball is a game of streaks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2019 at 9:46 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pirates and Brewers both lost again but the Cubs are down 3-0 to LA in the Top of the 6th. Cards beat the Brewers again and lead the NL Central. 

Yes Cards swept Brewers as I thought they might , back from vacation. This Central is starting to take shape . How about the Pirates ? The Cards are hitting except Carpenter , Fowler is back to his old self hitting around 300 and much more relaxed having fun , that's a real pleasant surprise .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes Cards swept Brewers as I thought they might , back from vacation. This Central is starting to take shape . How about the Pirates ? The Cards are hitting except Carpenter , Fowler is back to his old self hitting around 300 and much more relaxed having fun , that's a real pleasant surprise .

Hopefully you enjoyed your vacation Jay. It is always great to be off work. The Pirates have finally came back down to earth and have now lost 6 in a row. Fowler will always be one of my favorites, he was a solid leadoff hitter on our 2016 Championship team. Here is a funny one, Heyward leads the Cubs in batting avg this season, batting .330.

 

The division is really bunched up right now and real close.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hopefully you enjoyed your vacation Jay. It is always great to be off work. The Pirates have finally came back down to earth and have now lost 6 in a row. Fowler will always be one of my favorites, he was a solid leadoff hitter on our 2016 Championship team. Here is a funny one, Heyward leads the Cubs in batting avg this season, batting .330.

 

The division is really bunched up right now and real close.

Yes its a very strong division , I still like the Cards and Cubs at the top. Heyward is a good player period.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes its a very strong division , I still like the Cards and Cubs at the top. Heyward is a good player period.

I am glad the Brewers are slumping now too. They are just 14-13, their lineup is loaded but their pitching is suspect. Cubs are now at .500 after that bad start, long way to go. I still think the Cards have the best overall team in the division and the Cubs and Brewers are right there. The Reds are even 11-14 right now, not too bad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am glad the Brewers are slumping now too. They are just 14-13, their lineup is loaded but their pitching is suspect. Cubs are now at .500 after that bad start, long way to go. I still think the Cards have the best overall team in the division and the Cubs and Brewers are right there. The Reds are even 11-14 right now, not too bad.

The Cards have a strong pitching staff overall , Reyes at AAA getting control back doing well , and being stretched back out to start . Carlos Martinez is gonna be in the pen for sure , very close to return. Im very optimistic in long run for them . I still think the Cubs will bolster the pitching as long as they are hanging around the top at trade deadline. The Cards made it through one of the Toughest schedules in the League in pretty good shape in April , lets see what May holds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Cards have a strong pitching staff overall , Reyes at AAA getting control back doing well , and being stretched back out to start . Carlos Martinez is gonna be in the pen for sure , very close to return. Im very optimistic in long run for them . I still think the Cubs will bolster the pitching as long as they are hanging around the top at trade deadline. The Cards made it through one of the Toughest schedules in the League in pretty good shape in April , lets see what May holds.

Yeah the Cubs have came out of their funk after starting 2-8, they are now 12-12. Cubs have also played a tough schedule with more road games than home games. They have already played at Brewers 3 times, Pirates 3 times, Dodgers 3 times, and now dealing with at D-Backs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Cards have a strong pitching staff overall , Reyes at AAA getting control back doing well , and being stretched back out to start . Carlos Martinez is gonna be in the pen for sure , very close to return. Im very optimistic in long run for them . I still think the Cubs will bolster the pitching as long as they are hanging around the top at trade deadline. The Cards made it through one of the Toughest schedules in the League in pretty good shape in April , lets see what May holds.

I'm still a bit worried about the Cards rotation.    Wainwright can eat some innings, but I don't know anyone who thinks he will be healthy all season.   I, like you, am hoping Reyes lives up to his potential.   How many years can a player be the teams top prospect?    I'm getting to the point of giving up on him.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to finally go to Kauffman yesterday. 10 out of 30 stadiums I have been to now. Fun day as got to tour the stadium and the undergrounds. Also got to speak to a front office member. 

 

My list of favorite Stadiums, (excluding Wrigley) a third of the way through

1. Fenway, Love the history and the atmosphere felt like Wrigley to me with the enjoying the ballpark

2. Kauffman, The feeling at that Stadium was just fun. It was real nice with the fountains in the outfield. The concourse was easy to walk around and easy to navigate. Parking was a big plus as there was so much parking.

3. Yankees Stadium, Even though it is the new one can still feel the history of the franchise. I liked the view from the outfield and the open background out there. Also liked that you could see the bullpens from the outfield seats and hear their conversation.

4. Great American Ballpark, I liked how giant it was.It was a nice looking stadium and their Club seats were real nice. If you have kids it is a great ballpark to take them. They have games and different kids things to do in the stadium. Have a hall of fame to visit too. Their store left a lot to be desire as they had multiple tiny ones only that were cramp.

5.Citizens Bank Park, I liked the open Stadium out look for baseball. The way it looks out to the city was a great view. The shopping area wasnt to great. I did like the space and ability to do stuff above outfield wall. Also liked they had places to just stand and watched the game.

6. Citi Field, I like the Apple after homeruns. It is harder to judge this one as it was raining that day and kinda dead while I was there. It was nice on the Complex though Idk how it would be busy. I did really enjoy their Stadium Store and Hall of Fame in which we could see the WS Trophy. It is real nice down there.

7. Busch Stadium, It is not cause I am a Cubs fan. I have been there a couple times. While the arch background and MAC tower in LF is nice. It like some of the others have bullpen in OF which is nice. There just isnt much in there. And for me the atmosphere is no where near what people think Cardinals Baseball is.

8. Guaranteed Rate Field, White Sox if you dont remember the name. It is not great. The only reason it is not last is that it is open air and easier to not die of heat exhaustion. They did have nice bullpens like Yankees stadium, and some nights suites. Parking is far a bit but a lot of it.

9. Miller Park, I know they changed the name, but just dont care. The ballpark is not nice in my opinion. It is newer but it feels like someone just threw a baseball diamond in the middle of a general building. Nothing special in the stadium. Kinda cramp too. Gets hot easy. Parking was a major plus as they had a lot of it around stadium.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm still a bit worried about the Cards rotation.    Wainwright can eat some innings, but I don't know anyone who thinks he will be healthy all season.   I, like you, am hoping Reyes lives up to his potential.   How many years can a player be the teams top prospect?    I'm getting to the point of giving up on him.   

Myles injury sidelined him and he is still young , 23 or 4 I believe , and I really feel Waino is going to fool you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...