Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Did she get to her destination? Hope she and everyone else will be okay. 

I saw pictures of the roads, showing people evacuating. Wow. The roads are packed. Some of my relatives drove out of Florida but a few refuse to.

I spoke with one of my uncles in Miami yesterday. He is not in an evacuation area. He said he is staying put with his wife and my cousin. His wife's sister is driving to his home today to stay with them, as she lives in one of the evacuation zones. I pleaded with him to leave, but he won't. He said his home is "newer" and could withstand hurricane winds. He said he is prepared. He said his area is not expected to get flooded.

My other uncle who lives in W. Palm Beach is not home. He is in Europe with his wife. He planned his vacation at just the right time. 

Yes NFL she is in Indiana , praying she doesn't lose everything . She has been living there a short time . In a house trailer . I don't think prognosis looks good. Thankful she got out in time.

54 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes NFL she is in Indiana , praying she doesn't lose everything . She has been living there a short time . In a house trailer . I don't think prognosis looks good. Thankful she got out in time.

Let's hope for the best. One thing you know is that she is safe. Does she live closer to the west coast or east coast? 

Hopefully the hurricane has limited damage.

10 minutes ago, GOZER said:

It's definitely better then being several games down....just wish one of my teams was doing good right now! Oh well...

GO CUBS, GO COLTS!!!!!!:rock:

Cubs is all we have, without Andrew Luck the Colts are a mess. I will still watch but Sunday was brutal. Cubs seem to love living on the edge, they seem to be a team that needs motivation before they kick it in. Look at last years Playoffs, they played their best when their backs were against the wall. Down 2-1 vs LA, down 3-1 vs Cleveland. Now with the race getting tight we have everyone right where we want them.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs is all we have, without Andrew Luck the Colts are a mess. I will still watch but Sunday was brutal. Cubs seem to love living on the edge, they seem to be a team that needs motivation before they kick it in. Look at last years Playoffs, they played their best when their backs were against the wall. Down 2-1 vs LA, down 3-1 vs Cleveland. Now with the race getting tight we have everyone right where we want them.

The Cardinals are only an hour further away. 

56 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

For any College students out here MLB.tv offers free subscription through rest of season for us. It is a great deal so nice

We missed you this season (and last season too, I think). I remember when you were posting here two years ago when you were in high school.

How have you been? How is school coming along? I miss my college years -- it was so much fun. Enjoy college. It goes fast.

Just now, NFLfan said:

We missed you this season (and last season too, I think). I remember when you were posting here two years ago when you were in high school.

How have you been? How is school coming along? I miss my college years -- it was so much fun. Enjoy it. It goes fast.

Ya I pretty much was dormant from the forum with the colts being so bad and starting college and working both jobs. 

I've been good. Just started my junior year, but started at a new school after getting my associate from a juco. Enjoying this all. 

I actually went back and read through some of the post from just before game 5 through after game 7. I remember yelling and dropping to the ground when they won. My sister and now brother in law ended up going to the game, which made me mad because they forgot to ask me!

Also been to 4 new stadiums this year including your Mets, but missing going to my cubs game since I moved to far away. 

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya I pretty much was dormant from the forum with the colts being so bad and starting college and working both jobs. 

I've been good. Just started my junior year, but started at a new school after getting my associate from a juco. Enjoying this all. 

I actually went back and read through some of the post from just before game 5 through after game 7. I remember yelling and dropping to the ground when they won. My sister and now brother in law ended up going to the game, which made me mad because they forgot to ask me!

Also been to 4 new stadiums this year including your Mets, but missing going to my cubs game since I moved to far away. 

Thanks. Where did you move to? Are you on the East Coast? 

Did you know Gavin? He passed away a few months after the World Series. He was a huge Cubs fan. Glad he got to see the Cubs win.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Thanks. Where did you move to? Are you on the East Coast? 

Did you know Gavin? He passed away a few months after the World Series. He was a huge Cubs fan. Glad he got to see it.

I moved to Springfield Missouri at Missouri State. I had gone out to NYC area to visit my cousin and went to Mets, Yankee and Phillies games while there. Then went to Reds with my mom back in July.

I heard. I couldn't believe it. I had finally gotten back on to the forum and saw the pinned post and read through it a bit and was thinking wow. I just couldn't believe it. I am happy he too got to see the Cubs win it all, so many people never got to

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I moved to Springfield Missouri at Missouri State. I had gone out to NYC area to visit my cousin and went to Mets, Yankee and Phillies games while there. Then went to Reds with my mom back in July.

I heard. I couldn't believe it. I had finally gotten back on to the forum and saw the pinned post and read through it a bit and was thinking wow. I just couldn't believe it. I am happy he too got to see the Cubs win it all, so many people never got to

Missouri State. That is where the linebacker Dylan Cole played, no? 

Glad you got to go to those stadiums. The old Yankee Stadium was beautiful. I have not gone to a game in the new stadium yet. Of course, I have gone to CitiField many times. 

Yep he did. Before I got here of course, but they got their first home game this weekend which i am excited about

That would have been cool to see old Yankee Stadium but then again I did start following baseball till 2007/8 but I mean I was young enough at 10ish years old haha. Have you been to any of the other stadiums?

19 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Yep he did. Before I got here of course, but they got their first home game this weekend which i am excited about

That would have been cool to see old Yankee Stadium but then again I did start following baseball till 2007/8 but I mean I was young enough at 10ish years old haha. Have you been to any of the other stadiums?

I have been only to minor league stadiums in addition to Yankees Stadium, Shea Stadium, and CitiField. I have been to minor league stadiums in Florida [Jupiter (Cardinals) Port St. Lucie (Mets), Ft. Lauderdale (Orioles), and a couple of others]. I want to go to Camden Yards, Fenway, Wrigley and the one in San Francisco.

I have been to many more baseball games than football games, but I have been to more football stadiums than baseball ones. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I have been only to minor league stadiums in addition to Yankees Stadium, Shea Stadium, and CitiField. I have been to minor league stadiums in Florida [Jupiter (Cardinals) Port St. Lucie (Mets), Ft. Lauderdale (Orioles), and a couple of others]. I want to go to Camden Yards, Fenway, Wrigley and the one in San Francisco.

I have been to many more baseball games than football games, but I have been to more football stadiums than baseball ones. 

Ahh I see. I've been too Wrigley, Guranteed Rate, Busch, Miller Park, Citi Field, Yankee Stadium, Phillies, and Great American Ballpark so far Plus Peoria (Cubs/Card) Iowa Cubs and Indianapolis Indians and Springfield Cardinals. I plan on trying to get to all 30 Stadiums and so far have gone to 8 and sometime I will get KC because its close.

I've only been to 3 football, Lucas Oil, Soldier Field, and Edwards Jones Dome. And like you gone to way more baseball than football. between 2015-16 I went to like 11 games I think including Game 2 of NLDS last year against the Giants.

Archived