Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

I read that Hendrix is starting tonight... big win last night so will it be another let down tonight?

Hope not.  Big sports night... we have the Colts (yippie), more exciting will be the OSU vs IU game and then the Cubbies.  I hate scanning channels back and forth so usually I find one that is interesting and keep with it.  Occasionally will check scores during commercials.

Go Cubs!!

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win again, still only 3.5 on Brewers, 6 on Cards. How ABOUT THEM CUBS! I want Championship # 2 badly. I know the Dodgers are bad asss but we have the MVP and Jake.

It can happen bro (and it just might) they have looked pretty good again lately..... although as we have already discussed, every time we think they are getting on a roll they go poop in the neighbors yard and lie about it.  Translation- lay an egg.

The Mets play in Houston today. Matt Harvey is pitching the first game of a double header. What a coincidence that someone with the name Harvey is pitching in the first game back in Houston!

Anyway, all the best to the folks in Houston. What has happened to their city is unbelievable. 

How do you guys like the new look of the forum?

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets play in Houston today. Matt Harvey is pitching the first game of a double header. What a coincidence that someone with the name Harvey is pitching in the first game back in Houston!

Anyway, all the best to the folks in Houston. What has happened to their city is unbelievable. 

How do you guys like the new look of the forum?

Yeah it's ok but I thought of you when Harvey was going to get the start.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it's ok but I thought of you when Harvey was going to get the start.

haha I don't like being associated with Harvey. Lol.

I have not been following baseball too closely, now that my favorite sport is back. I think Houston getting Verlander is big.

I wont joke about the maintenance guys anymore making 50 bucks an hour on Saturday for doing nothing lmao. They usually just eat donuts and drink Coffee on the weekends. The head maintenance guy just brought me in a huge breakfast from Waffle House - Biscuits and Gravy, Bacon, Toast. Hell, if I eat this I may fall asleep haha. I make double time too but it isn't 50 range stuff,  those guys are off the chain.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know you dislike Harvey so I just have fun with you with it. He was awesome when you guys went to the WS.

I know you're joking. I am kidding too... I wish this site had a sarcasm font like the Daily Norseman (and Stampede Blue) has.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It does have one but you don't like me using it so I just play my violin for you :violin:

There is a sarcasm emoticon here, but at those SB Nation sites, the font itself can be changed to show that it is sarcasm. Put @ directly before and after the text that is sarcasm. (@I won't watch football all year@). The font changes when you do that in Stampede Blue. 

Don't let me stop you from using :sarcasm: when you want. :thmup:

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

There is a sarcasm emoticon here, but at those SB Nation sites, the font itself can be changed to show that it is sarcasm. Put @ directly before and after the text that is sarcasm. (@I won't watch football all year@). The font changes when you do that in Stampede Blue. 

Don't let me stop you from using :sarcasm: when you want. :thmup:

I just play my violin for you. I was using the sarcasm a lot anyway, I like the violin better.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just play my violin for you. I was using the sarcasm a lot anyway, I like the violin better.

I never understood the meaning of the violin. I just looked it up. Lolol. All this time, I assumed it was something positive.  :facepalm: (I'm embarrassed.) Lol

Just now, NFLfan said:

I never understood the meaning of the violin. I just looked it up. Lolol.  

All this time, I assumed it was something positive. :facepalm: (I'm embarrassed.) Lol

I don't know the meaning of it either. I thought it was something positive, hell maybe I am way off base lmao. I just think it's funny anyway when I Post it. If I played the violin in real life the next state would hear screeching noises.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers lost again tonight, that is 6 of 7 losses. Anyway Cubs won and Brewers and Cards both lost. Cubs now up 4.5 over BrewCrew and 7 over Cards.

Yes watched Matheny blow another game with a head scratching pitching move at the end of the game. I probably will not watch a full game the rest of the Year . The Cubs have finally decided they might want to win the Division setting now at 15 games over 500 , I'm  still not overly impressed with any NL team right now and all though I'm a Central and NL fan I'm not optimistic  of a fall classic win for the NL.

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know why it is everyone gets along in this thread 3 years straight now people start coming in and stirring the pot . Yes anyone is welcome but lets not be picking on anyone or downgrading . That's one thing that's made this an escape from other threads .We all get along lets keep it that way . If someone comes in stirring just ignore them they will go away.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

I don't know why it is everyone gets along in this thread 3 years straight now people start coming in and stirring the pot . Yes anyone is welcome but lets not be picking on anyone or downgrading . That's one thing that's made this an escape from other threads .We all get along lets keep it that way . If someone comes in stirring just ignore them they will go away.

Thank you, Jay! 

Woah things are getting away out of hand here...as Aaron Rodgers likes to say.....

R....E.....L.....A.......X.......

I took it as just a silly joke that was really not aimed at anyone in particular , which is why I used the neat new laughing emoji...didn't mean any disrespect to anyone!!! Lets all chill and keep this awesome thread civil, please!!!

I always thought the meaning of the :violin:emoji was like telling someone to "cry me a river," or "would you like some cheese with your wine?" Or "Woe is me!" Maybe I'm lost?

5 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Woah things are getting away out of hand here...as Aaron Rodgers likes to say.....

R....E.....L.....A.......X.......

I took it as just a silly joke that was really not aimed at anyone in particular , which is why I used the neat new laughing emoji...didn't mean any disrespect to anyone!!! Lets all chill and keep this awesome thread civil, please!!!

I always thought the meaning of the :violin:emoji was like telling someone to "cry me a river," or "would you like some cheese with your wine?" Or "Woe is me!" Maybe I'm lost?

I guess it does but I have my own meaning for it. I see it more as playing music/acting goofy/and sarcasm

Archived