Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so tough to Repeat but I think we can do it. I want 3 or 4 in row to set a new milestone. We have the players to do it if we stay focused. Indians are great but they aren't us, Dodgers and Nats too but they aren't us either. We have clutch players that don't choke when it counts and that is a proven fact. Whether or not that translates into a Repeat, I have no idea but we will see. Lester needs to get his crap together and Jake needs to get healthy.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey I have to live it up now, who knows the Cubs could suck again 3 years from now. So I have to talk some smack. In respect to Jay though it's all in fun. I love Jay and glad he started this Thread.

Ditto I hope no Cards fan take offense to anything I say/post, it's all in fun! I would expect to get ribbed just the same!!!!!

Just now, GOZER said:

Ditto I hope no Cards fan take offense to anything I say/post, it's all in fun! I would expect to get ribbed just the same!!!!!

I don't think Jay will. He knows I respect the Cards organization, they have won 2 WS recently as well in 2006 and 2011. Plus they were great in the 80's, he knows we know this.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey I have to live it up now, who knows the Cubs could suck again 3 years from now. So I have to talk some smack. In respect to Jay though it's all in fun. I love Jay and glad he started this Thread.

I love Jay too. Who would not? 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Jay will. He knows I respect the Cards organization, they have won 2 WS recently as well in 2006 and 2011. Plus they were great in the 80's, he knows we know this.

The Cardinals are the second most successful baseball organization after the Yankees. He can hold his head up high. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards are always threat every year, one of the best franchises ever IMO

Absolutely! Jay does not know this: I started following baseball hating the Cards. I had a friend who was a big Cardinals fan. He was always telling me how great a team the Cards were. At the time, the Cards were the biggest rivals of the Mets. As I got to appreciate baseball and it's history, it was hard not to appreciate the Cards. 

In the late 80s and early 90s, I followed baseball much more than I do now. I knew all the players in the NL and most of the players in the AL.  

26 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Absolutely! Jay does not know this: I started following baseball hating the Cards. I had a friend who was a big Cardinals fan. He was always telling me how great a team the Cards were. At the time, the Cards were the biggest rivals of the Mets. As I got to appreciate baseball and it's history, it was hard not to appreciate the Cards. 

In the late 80s and early 90s, I followed baseball much more than I do now. I knew all the players in the NL and most of the players in the AL.  

BrewCrew just lost to Miami, great stuff. I am a Cubs fan so by nature I should hate the Cards. OK I don't like them but I respect them and I know they are dangerous every season.

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I still think the best Cards team I have ever seen is 1985. They got screwed by the UMPS in the WS

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

BrewCrew just lost to Miami, great stuff. I am a Cubs fan so by nature I should hate the Cards. OK I don't like them but I respect them and I know they are dangerous every season.

Of course. 

Who's pitching for you and for the Cards today?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But we did beat Matt Harvey :violin:

Haha, that does not say much. (Just kidding of course) He is out of here. Now Noah is back. Seriously, they should shut him down. We're not going anywhere. No need to risk another injury.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Haha, that does not say much. He is out of here. Now Noah is back. Seriously, they should shut him down. We're not going anywhere. No need to risk another injury.

Yeah I like your Mets and liked them back when they had Doc. Pretty disappointing season for them but they have a tons of talent on the Pitching staff. Need hitting though

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I like your Mets and liked them back when they had Doc. Pretty disappointing season for them but they have a tons of talent on the Pitching staff. Need hitting though

They have always lacked hitting. The story of this season though was the injuries. Everyone seemed to be on the DL at some point in the season. At least 10 players missed a month or more. That does not lead to success most of the time.

Archived