Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gozer, they have had me working days the last 3 days so just now waking up. I am off this weekend after I go in today so you will be seeing a lot of me in here over the weekend. I see MVP won it with a 2 run homer in the 10th, obviously a gigantic win. That puts us up 4.5 games over them and it's still 5 over the Cards. The Division isn't over yet but it's looking real great at this point for our Cubs.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Gozer, they have had me working days the last 3 days so just now waking up. I am off this weekend after I go in today so you will be seeing a lot of me in here over the weekend. I see MVP won it with a 2 run homer in the 10th, obviously a gigantic win. That puts us up 4.5 games over them and it's still 5 over the Cards. The Division isn't over yet but it's looking real great at this point for our Cubs.

It's all good, was getting a lil lonely in here that's all lol! I actually passed out bottom of the eighth, lol, guess that's what I get for being up since 3 am! Glad @PuntersArePeopleToo picked me up!!!!

I woke up and was like

IMG_0705.JPG

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for keeping it going. 

Time flies. Your post made me check to see if I could catch a game at the ballpark before the season ends. I did not realize that we have only 10 games left. A friend had asked me to go on Sunday, but it is football Sunday.  Can't miss football. haha

I hope the owner considers making a change at GM after the season.

No kidding! I can't believe playoffs are just around the corner!!!! I haven't had chance to go to any games this season, I usually catch at least a couple!!! My off days from firehouse have been consumed by the house renovation I got myself into!!!! Even had someone offer me a free ticket in the mid 100's (awesome seats)last week, had to turn it down!!!!! :Cry:

34 minutes ago, GOZER said:

No kidding! I can't believe playoffs are just around the corner!!!! I haven't had chance to go to any games this season, I usually catch at least a couple!!! My off days from firehouse have been consumed by the house renovation I got myself into!!!! Even had someone offer me a free ticket in the mid 100's (awesome seats)last week, had to turn it down!!!!! :Cry:

The house renovation you're doing is great work. Takes priority over a game, I think.

I used to attend at least 10 games a year 15 to 20 years ago. I used to take my niece and my nephews. Tickets were a bargain then. I would buy tickets in the last two rows of the second tier (Loge) or the third tier (Mezzanine) below the Upper Deck for $6. I purchased field level tickets for $31/each one year.  A ticket in the Upper Deck now will cost you $100. 

It is a beautiful day today. It would be nice to go to a game. Maybe after work. Let's see. 

6 hours ago, GOZER said:

Yeah during the Manning era I always went to 2 games a season from 1999-2010 and made a day out of it. Get downtown about 2 hours before gametime and just meet people tailgating and hammer some beers, go to the game, then eat at St Elmo afterwords with a huge steak and a strong mix drink. I did that with 3 other guys for like 12 years in row. We also did it the first 2 years of Luck's era but I haven't been to a Colts game since 2013 when we clobbered Houston 25-3 and ran away with the Division. A part of getting older I guess, I just started to prefer to stay at home and watch all games after the 2013 season.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah during the Manning era I always went to 2 games a season from 1999-2010 and made a day out of it. Get downtown about 2 hours before gametime and just meet people tailgating and hammer some beers, go to the game, then eat at St Elmo afterwords with a huge steak and a strong mix drink. I did that with 3 other guys for like 12 years in row. We also did it the first 2 years of Luck's era but I haven't been to a Colts game since 2013 when we clobbered Houston 25-3 and ran away with the Division. A part of getting older I guess, I just started to prefer to stay at home and watch all games after the 2013 season.

Beginning to develop a complex, last 3 Colts games I've been to they've lost!!!!  That still doesn't excuse all the other losses though lol!  You know what though this last game I didn't go in with very high expectations and still had a pretty good time,  had a good time tailgating prior and enjoyed the game for the most part until they threw it away. 

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Beginning to develop a complex, last 3 Colts games I've been to they've lost!!!!  That still doesn't excuse all the other losses though lol!  You know what though this last game I didn't go in with very high expectations and still had a pretty good time,  had a good time tailgating prior and enjoyed the game for the most part until they threw it away. 

Yeah 3 other guys and myself would always pick out 2 games a year and make a day of it, great times. Best game I ever attended was the Pats game in 2009, the ol 4th and 2. It was a night game so we ate at St Elmo 1st then went to the game. Usually it was Jacks and Houston games every year for us. It was just about going and having fun and making a day of it. 1 of the guys got married and just wasn't interested in going anymore after 2013 (he just got real busy) and I really wasn't either as I was in my 40's at that point and just rather watch on TV and avoid crowds. Still great times though that timeframe I mentioned.

I did attend the Cowboys game in 1999, when Marvin roasted Deion, we won that game. That was another non-Division game I went too.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah 3 other guys and myself would always pick out 2 games a year and make a day of it, great times. Best game I ever attended was the Pats game in 2009, the ol 4th and 2. It was a night game so we ate at St Elmo 1st then went to the game. Usually it was Jacks and Houston games every year for us. It was just about going and having fun and making a day of it. 1 of the guys got married and just wasn't interested in going anymore after 2013 (he just got real busy) and I really wasn't either as I was in my 40's at that point and just rather watch on TV and avoid crowds. Still great times though that timeframe I mentioned.

I did attend the Cowboys game in 1999, when Marvin roasted Deion, we won that game. That was another non-Division game I went too.

I was at that game too!!! Hung out at the Ram pregame, went to game, then partied downtown after the victory!!!! That was a GREAT time!!!!

Fun facts: Indians are now only 1 game behind the Dodgers for overall HFA. Indians enter tonight's play at 96-57, Dodgers 97-56. As great as the Dodgers and Indians have been this season, not sure they will top the last years Cubs mark of 103-58. That 103-58 record pretty darn impressive. Entering tonight's play the Cubs and Yankees both have identical records at 85-67.

Archived