Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah right now Yankees fans have that unsettling feeling in their stomach that their season is about over. :funny:

 

Thank God, anything after this is gravy now. For the sanity of my husband this had to happen. Now he can sleep better for the rest of the week. The Red Sox/Yankees rivarly is HUGE. Like enormous. This HAD to happen.

 

I am starting to get positive tingles concerning the Red Sox though.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

Thank God, anything after this is gravy now. For the sanity of my husband this had to happen. Now he can sleep better for the rest of the week. The Red Sox/Yankees rivarly is HUGE. Like enormous. This HAD to happen.

 

I am starting to get positive tingles concerning the Red Sox though.....

I bet in the 9th Inning he was going nuts haha , I have been there before lmao . Nice win, congrats. By the way I posted on the Basketball Thread and gave my predictions. I have Boston going to the Finals.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I bet in the 9th Inning he was going nuts haha , I have been there before lmao . Nice win, congrats. By the way I posted on the Basketball Thread and gave my predictions. I have Boston going to the Finals.

 

Astros are going to be brutal though, this series feels almost like the real World Series to me. I will go look at your NBA picks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jules said:

 

Astros are going to be brutal though, this series feels almost like the real World Series to me. I will go look at your NBA picks.

You guys do have HFA but the Astros are really great I agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jules said:

 

Astros are going to be brutal though, this series feels almost like the real World Series to me. I will go look at your NBA picks.

It probably is I really don't see either of the NL teams winning the series , but stranger things have happened . That's why they play the games. Good luck to the Red Sox they will have their hands more than full.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jules said:

 

Thank God, anything after this is gravy now. For the sanity of my husband this had to happen. Now he can sleep better for the rest of the week. The Red Sox/Yankees rivarly is HUGE. Like enormous. This HAD to happen.

 

I am starting to get positive tingles concerning the Red Sox though.....

Oh...I bet your husband likes the sound of that lol!! I kid I kid. Now I don't know who to root for because so many different rooting interests of people on the board. Just hoping for some great drama!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Both the NLCS and ALCS are tough to predict. The Sox and Astros are complete powerhouses and HFA really doesn't mean anything either for the Sox because the Astros are great on the road. The Dodgers should beat the Brewers just based on having the experience of playing in the NLCS alot with their core group. Having said that the Brewers haven't lost a game in 3 weeks and the Dodgers tend to choke late in the Playoffs.

 

-I have a feeling the Astros will beat the Sox 4-3. They feel disrespected by the media and have a chip on their shoulder. Their lineup is a machine and they have the best Pitcher in that series in Verlander. In the NLCS, I just can't picture the Brewers winning the NL Pennant, I can't really answer why but beating a big market team like the Dodgers would surprise me. I say Dodgers take it in 7 games as well 4-3. Like the Astros, they too have the best Pitcher in that series in Kershaw.

 

-I am saying we get a rematch from last seasons WS.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here are this decades WS Champions:

2010 - Giants (1)

2011 - Cardinals (1)

2012 - Giants (2)

2013 - Red Sox (1)

2014 - Giants (3)

2015 - Royals (1)

2016 - Cubs (1)

2017 - Astros (1)

2018 - ? who will be crowned in 2018? Will it be the Astros again, Red Sox, Dodgers, or Brewers?

 

-I still can't get over that the Giants have won 3 World Series this decade. In the 3 seasons they won the WS they never came close to 100 wins. It's tough just winning one. A glaring miss from the list of WS Champions is the Yankees. They haven't won one all decade. Dodgers haven't won one either. My Cubs got one in 2016 so I am happy. I can actually relax for a change and watch these series without getting worked up/nervous/sick since the Cubs aren't in it. I hope both the NLCS and ALCS go 7 games. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-Both the NLCS and ALCS are tough to predict. The Sox and Astros are complete powerhouses and HFA really doesn't mean anything either for the Sox because the Astros are great on the road. The Dodgers should beat the Brewers just based on having the experience of playing in the NLCS alot with their core group. Having said that the Brewers haven't lost a game in 3 weeks and the Dodgers tend to choke late in the Playoffs.

 

-I have a feeling the Astros will beat the Sox 4-3. They feel disrespected by the media and have a chip on their shoulder. Their lineup is a machine and they have the best Pitcher in that series in Verlander. In the NLCS, I just can't picture the Brewers winning the NL Pennant, I can't really answer why but beating a big market team like the Dodgers would surprise me. I say Dodgers take it in 7 games as well 4-3. Like the Astros, they too have the best Pitcher in that series in Kershaw.

 

-I am saying we get a rematch from last seasons WS.

 

I have this feeling that the Brewers will represent the NL in the World Series.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I have this feeling that the Brewers will represent the NL in the World Series.

Maybe? If the Dodgers get bounced again, their fans may implode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-Both the NLCS and ALCS are tough to predict. The Sox and Astros are complete powerhouses and HFA really doesn't mean anything either for the Sox because the Astros are great on the road. The Dodgers should beat the Brewers just based on having the experience of playing in the NLCS alot with their core group. Having said that the Brewers haven't lost a game in 3 weeks and the Dodgers tend to choke late in the Playoffs.

 

-I have a feeling the Astros will beat the Sox 4-3. They feel disrespected by the media and have a chip on their shoulder. Their lineup is a machine and they have the best Pitcher in that series in Verlander. In the NLCS, I just can't picture the Brewers winning the NL Pennant, I can't really answer why but beating a big market team like the Dodgers would surprise me. I say Dodgers take it in 7 games as well 4-3. Like the Astros, they too have the best Pitcher in that series in Kershaw.

 

-I am saying we get a rematch from last seasons WS.

Hope your right but I'm not as optimistic lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, NFLfan said:

 

I have this feeling that the Brewers will represent the NL in the World Series.

So do I .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So here are this decades WS Champions:

2010 - Giants (1)

2011 - Cardinals (1)

2012 - Giants (2)

2013 - Red Sox (1)

2014 - Giants (3)

2015 - Royals (1)

2016 - Cubs (1)

2017 - Astros (1)

2018 - ? who will be crowned in 2018? Will it be the Astros again, Red Sox, Dodgers, or Brewers?

 

-I still can't get over that the Giants have won 3 World Series this decade. In the 3 seasons they won the WS they never came close to 100 wins. It's tough just winning one. A glaring miss from the list of WS Champions is the Yankees. They haven't won one all decade. Dodgers haven't won one either. My Cubs got one in 2016 so I am happy. I can actually relax for a change and watch these series without getting worked up/nervous/sick since the Cubs aren't in it. I hope both the NLCS and ALCS go 7 games. 

The Giants had a great team early in the decade not so much lately.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Giants had a great team early in the decade not so much lately.

They still won 3, you guys won 1 (2011) and we won 1 (2016) this decade. They will be the team of the decade based on Championships. I do believe the 2016 Cubs would beat any of their Championship teams though. I would even put money on it. MadBum was awesome but so was Jake and we also had Lester and the ChapPack in the BullPen. Indians had Kluber and Miller who were unhittable and we still beat them down 3-1 in the WS. We made Kershaw look bad too in the NLCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They still won 3, you guys won 1 (2011) and we won 1 (2016) this decade. They will be the team of the decade based on Championships. I do believe the 2016 Cubs would beat any of their Championship teams though. I would even put money on it. MadBum was awesome but so was Jake and we also had Lester and the ChapPack in the BullPen. Indians had Kluber and Miller who were unhittable and we still beat them down 3-1 in the WS. We made Kershaw look bad too in the NLCS.

I think the only team that would actually worry me if we were doing an all-time Playoff in this decade would be the Astros. They have Verlander and a line-up that is deep and a HR or extra base hit waiting to happen. I think the Astros will Repeat IMO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs batting coach Chili Davis fired after only 1 year.....hmmm didn’t see that coming, lol.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Cubs batting coach Chili Davis fired after only 1 year.....hmmm didn’t see that coming, lol.

I actually did see it coming. You were being sarcastic I think :thmup:. Cubs fans were complaining about him all year. Look at what the Red Sox have done this season after they fired him. Next step will be to sign 1 or 2 key Free Agents in the offseason. Another Hitter and another Pitcher. I have no faith in Yu, I hope we keep Hamels. Bryce Harper and Manny Machado will be out there, Machado would be a nice fit at SS and Baez can go back to 2nd Base.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like any of these teams left. I guess go Dodgers and go Astros. The Brewers fanbase is so atrocious that I can't root for them. If you all have read what their fans say about the Cubs on other websites you would know where I am coming from. I am not talking like 10 people, I am talking like around 100 different people's comments. Go Dodgers. Dodgers fans respect the Cubs from most of the comments I have read from their fanbase. IMO the Astros have the best team on paper but the best team doesn't always win. Sox did win 108 games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't like any of these teams left. I guess go Dodgers and go Astros. The Brewers fanbase is so atrocious that I can't root for them. If you all have read what their fans say about the Cubs on other websites you would know where I am coming from. I am not talking like 10 people, I am talking like around 100 different people's comments. Go Dodgers. Dodgers fans respect the Cubs from most of the comments I have read from their fanbase. IMO the Astros have the best team on paper but the best team doesn't always win. Sox did win 108 games. 

I’ve not watched any baseball since my Cubs knocked themselves out, salty I know. A lot of Brewers fans are awful, and just relishing the opportunity to rub this in our face. Payback will come next season brother, count on it!:rock:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HOZER said:

I’ve not watched any baseball since my Cubs knocked themselves out, salty I know. A lot of Brewers fans are awful, and just relishing the opportunity to rub this in our face. Payback will come next season brother, count on it!:rock:

Brewers won again! Maybe they are just that good this year. Another 1 Run win. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't picture the Brewers holding up the WS trophy. They may get by LA but watching them hold up the WS trophy would be similar to watching the Indians do the same. Can't picture that either. 2 small market teams that usually choke somehow. I still say the winner of the WS will come out of the AL, I have been saying that for a while now. Even if the Cubs were still in it I would feel like that. The Sox and Astros both are just so much better than everyone else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still can't picture the Brewers holding up the WS trophy. They may get by LA but watching them hold up the WS trophy would be similar to watching the Indians do the same. Can't picture that either. 2 small market teams that usually choke somehow. I still say the winner of the WS will come out of the AL, I have been saying that for a while now. Even if the Cubs were still in it I would feel like that. The Sox and Astros both are just so much better than everyone else. 

Well if the Dodgers get trounced, I’m all in for the Astros being an ex Texan and all. Really I’m for whoever is against the Rockies, lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Well if the Dodgers get trounced, I’m all in for the Astros being an ex Texan and all. Really I’m for whoever is against the Rockies, lol.

I am ok with the Astros winning it all again. They were like the Cubs a few years ago and were awful. Then like the Cubs rebuilt from scratch to become a Great team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dodgers just pulled a Brewers on the Brewers, down 3-0 and win it with a 2 Run HR 4-3! Go Dodgers! Now lets see how the Brewers respond to losing HFA. Next 3 are in LA. They finally got a taste of their own medicine and their luck ran out. As of now the Dodgers are favored to win the series, just like that :banana:. Nice choke job by Yelich at the end, he got owned by Jansen lmao 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read on MLB.com the 5 greatest teams record wise to win a World Series since 1980 are the:

1984 Tigers 104-58 (3rd)

1986 Mets 108-54 (2nd)

1998 Yankees 114-48 (1st)

2009 Yankees 103-59 (5th)

2016 Cubs 103-58 (4th) *Played only 161 games

 

-That is real cool the Cubs are in the Top 5 in that category, they actually rank 4th, .5 ahead of the 2009 Yankees. @NFLfan, your team is 2nd in that category. Great stuff! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just read on MLB.com the 5 greatest teams record wise to win a World Series since 1980 are the:

1984 Tigers 104-58 (3rd)

1986 Mets 108-54 (2nd)

1998 Yankees 114-48 (1st)

2009 Yankees 103-59 (5th)

2016 Cubs 103-58 (4th) *Played only 161 games

 

-That is real cool the Cubs are in the Top 5 in that category, they actually rank 4th, .5 ahead of the 2009 Yankees. @NFLfan, your team is 2nd in that category. Great stuff! 

This would be like the 4 vs 5 play in game, then the Final 4 match ups. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This would be like the 4 vs 5 play in game, then the Final 4 match ups. 

Hey on my way into work tonight I am going to get a ChapPack and dont you guys forget it. That is a Double Whopper with Cheese, Large Fries, Large Coke, Large Chocolate Shake. Good night everyone from Chicago Cubs land, home of the 2016 World Champions.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers up big on LA, 4-0 in the Bottom of the 8th. Not looking good for LA.

:tvsmash:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@2006Coltsbestever  what do you think of Anthony Iapoce, the Cubs new hitting coach? He was with the team some time ago as an assistant to the general manger in the minor leagues. Don’t know much about him, other then he was with the Rangers last three seasons. First of many changes coming I’m sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

@2006Coltsbestever  what do you think of Anthony Iapoce, the Cubs new hitting coach? He was with the team some time ago as an assistant to the general manger in the minor leagues. Don’t know much about him, other then he was with the Rangers last three seasons. First of many changes coming I’m sure.

That is a great question. I don't know much about him either. I know pretty much what you know. That was quick hiring someone else already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a great question. I don't know much about him either. I know pretty much what you know. That was quick hiring someone else already.

According to this he’s pretty familiar with several of our current players, I like what I’ve read so far......

 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-anthony-iapoce-things-to-know-20181016-story,amp.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

According to this he’s pretty familiar with several of our current players, I like what I’ve read so far......

 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-anthony-iapoce-things-to-know-20181016-story,amp.html

Yeah that is a good thing that he is familiar with our players. If he could Coach that many Rangers to hit HR's like that, then that is a good sign.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not watching the playoffs. All I am hoping to read is that Jacob deGrom wins the Cy Young award. :)

 

Have a good day, all.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still in shock the Cubs season ended the way it did. That is Baseball for ya though, I just need to laugh and move on. At least the Brewers are proving they are legit. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sox put a whipping on the Astros tonight. It's always huge winning Game 3 when a series is tied 1-1 obviously. Sox now have a 70% chance of winning that series.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...