Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Akeem Ayers

Imrryr

I was holding out a little bit to see him play but I've seen that now and I was kinda impressed. granted he's not great but he's at least serviceable it's appears to my untrained eye. I am of the belief that with a few serviceable to good players on the defense we can be in contention again does anyone think ayers can contribute to that or am I missing the mark on him.

41 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

He and Edwin Jackson need to play more. Might be our 2 best linebackers right now outside of Walden.

I'm looking to see Lavar Edwards a little more too.   If he can add more to the mix than Magitt can then we might just have something.  At least for this season.  We just need a little more pressure than we've had so far and we'll get more out of this defense.  Mathis can make a play or two as a situational rusher.  Keep Ayers starting alongside Walden. If Edwin Jackson shows something at ILB that gives us a speedy ILB who should also be able to get to the QB faster as a blitzer from the inside. 

Then if you can get a little bit more push from Edwards than what we've been getting out of Maggitt then that may give us a decent group of guys to work with.  Wondering about Deiontrez Mount too if we ever called him up to the 53 man roster. Great size at 6-5 and  some of the film I've seen on him in college at Louisville suggests he might be able to add a play here or there as a pass rusher from the SAM.  He and Lorenzo Mauldin were a decent tandem in college.

I like him too. He seems to recognize plays and tackle well, plus he notched a sack Sunday. He should probably buy McGilll dinner though, because McGill split a double team and got good inside pressure on that play. It caused Mariota to back up two steps, enough for Ayers to pounce on him from the edge.

15 hours ago, Douzer said:

I like him too. He seems to recognize plays and tackle well, plus he notched a sack Sunday. He should probably buy McGilll dinner though, because McGill split a double team and got good inside pressure on that play. It caused Mariota to back up two steps, enough for Ayers to pounce on him from the edge.

So that's what happened. 

16 hours ago, Douzer said:

Did someone say free dinner?

0728_mcgill-pick-celebrate-tc_610.jpg

21 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm looking to see Lavar Edwards a little more too.   If he can add more to the mix than Magitt can then we might just have something.  At least for this season.  We just need a little more pressure than we've had so far and we'll get more out of this defense.  Mathis can make a play or two as a situational rusher.  Keep Ayers starting alongside Walden. If Edwin Jackson shows something at ILB that gives us a speedy ILB who should also be able to get to the QB faster as a blitzer from the inside. 

Then if you can get a little bit more push from Edwards than what we've been getting out of Maggitt then that may give us a decent group of guys to work with.  Wondering about Deiontrez Mount too if we ever called him up to the 53 man roster. Great size at 6-5 and  some of the film I've seen on him in college at Louisville suggests he might be able to add a play here or there as a pass rusher from the SAM.  He and Lorenzo Mauldin were a decent tandem in college.

Where do u see this group of linebackers next year? I think it needs a complete overhaul with Walden being the only one I would consider keeping.

34 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

Where do u see this group of linebackers next year? I think it needs a complete overhaul with Walden being the only one I would consider keeping.

All of them might be gone.  Even Walden.   Might keep Ayers

1 hour ago, krunk said:

All of them might be gone.  Even Walden.   Might keep Ayers

It's pretty funny that when Walden was signed there was a lot of bellyaching about how much he paid and if he was worth it. Turns out he was about the only one in that group of mega buck FA's that was worth keeping around.

3 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

It's pretty funny that when Walden was signed there was a lot of bellyaching about how much he paid and if he was worth it. Turns out he was about the only one in that group of mega buck FA's that was worth keeping around.

This is so sad but true . Isn't that pathetic , I mean out of all those free agents almost all of them were busts even though he paid megabucks to bring them here ,.

1 hour ago, theanarchist said:

I'm wondering if they have any plans on bringing Trent Cole back from IR?  It was funny to me that was mentioned as a possibility when he was first put on IR.