Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The facts about ANDREW LUCK

According to PFF Andrew Luck is ranked 12th among this years best QBs. I have been seeing some complaints about how long he holds the ball which I agree can be an issue for anyone playing QB with less than 3 seconds to make the accurate decision on who gets the throw (you know of anyone better?).

I wanted to throw out some stats. 

Only two quarterbacks have been under pressure more than Andrew Luck this season—he’s been under heat on 40.0 percent of his dropbacks—but no quarterback has graded better than Luck when given a clean pocket.-PFF

While the offensive line deserves plenty of blame, the Indianapolis QB’s playing style and the Colts’ scheme does invite more pressure than most, as Luck has taken more seven-step (deep) drops than ANY quarterback in the league.- PFF

so in other words, we haven't changed our style of play a whole lot at all going from pep, to chud. In fact I don't remember luck leading this stat last year, although I could be wrong. So luck holding onto the ball too long? Or the most 7 step drop backs in the league? This coaching staff is putting luck into a position to fail. Horrible game planning. Most of the routes are 15 yards or more. We obviously need more 3-5 step drop backs. But I only know that half of our offensive line is made up of rookies. Why help them out? 

The interesting part of Luck’s game this season is the lack of boom-or-bust plays that he’s been known for previously. If we call 2015 a disastrous outlier and go back to 2014, Luck ranked sixth in the league in percentage of big-time throws, but also 32nd in turnover-worthy throws, as his big plays often coincided with questionable decision-making. This year, he’s only 17th in the league in big-time throws, but seventh-best in avoiding turnover-worthy attempts, so he’s been going about things differently to this point. -PFF

In other words, dispite the fact that this coaching staff is pure stupidity, Andrew luck is throwing the least amount of turnovers in his career. So what we see is, a game plan that includes the most 7 step drops in the league, with a QB that is throwing less Interceptions than he ever has. Luck is being given even less than he had before. And is still showing pretty good numbers on top of it. 

We have an incompetent coaching staff that refuses to work to the strengths of its players based off of an imaginary scheme that chuck and co have come up with.

We see the results when our team tries to find ways to lose its games. We see why we have slow starts. The biggest enemy the colts have in this league, is its own self. I'm sorry to say. 

So for those who think luck is apart of the problem. Show me the stats. Because according to PFF, luck is doing better with less. 

I know, I know, it's all about perspective, and mine is this. We have leaders who don't learn from their mistakes. We have teachers, who should be students, teaching our team how to win. 

If the colts don't learn how to stop beating themselves, which won't happen until the players stop thinking, and start playing. 

Our players are playing like they're thinking about what not to mess up on, instead of trusting their abilities. The colts will not go anywhere,this year of the next. The question is, do you waste Andrew luck to give our coaching staff it's very much needed experience? Or do we get a coaching staff that can help him devolop to his full potential? 

So far irsay is the judge, and I don't like his ruling. 

Good day all. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-entering-week-6/

25 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

According to PFF Andrew Luck is ranked 12th among this years best QBs. I have been seeing some complaints about how long he holds the ball which I agree can be an issue for anyone playing QB with less than 3 seconds to make the accurate decision on who gets the throw (you know of anyone better?).

I wanted to throw out some stats. 

Only two quarterbacks have been under pressure more than Andrew Luck this season—he’s been under heat on 40.0 percent of his dropbacks—but no quarterback has graded better than Luck when given a clean pocket.-PFF

While the offensive line deserves plenty of blame, the Indianapolis QB’s playing style and the Colts’ scheme does invite more pressure than most, as Luck has taken more seven-step (deep) drops than ANY quarterback in the league.- PFF

so in other words, we haven't changed our style of play a whole lot at all going from pep, to chud. In fact I don't remember luck leading this stat last year, although I could be wrong. So luck holding onto the ball too long? Or the most 7 step drop backs in the league? This coaching staff is putting luck into a position to fail. Horrible game planning. Most of the routes are 15 yards or more. We obviously need more 3-5 step drop backs. But I only know that half of our offensive line is made up of rookies. Why help them out? 

The interesting part of Luck’s game this season is the lack of boom-or-bust plays that he’s been known for previously. If we call 2015 a disastrous outlier and go back to 2014, Luck ranked sixth in the league in percentage of big-time throws, but also 32nd in turnover-worthy throws, as his big plays often coincided with questionable decision-making. This year, he’s only 17th in the league in big-time throws, but seventh-best in avoiding turnover-worthy attempts, so he’s been going about things differently to this point. -PFF

In other words, dispite the fact that this coaching staff is pure stupidity, Andrew luck is throwing the least amount of turnovers in his career. So what we see is, a game plan that includes the most 7 step drops in the league, with a QB that is throwing less Interceptions than he ever has. Luck is being given even less than he had before. And is still showing pretty good numbers on top of it. 

We have an incompetent coaching staff that refuses to work to the strengths of its players based off of an imaginary scheme that chuck and co have come up with.

We see the results when our team tries to find ways to lose its games. We see why we have slow starts. The biggest enemy the colts have in this league, is its own self. I'm sorry to say. 

So for those who think luck is apart of the problem. Show me the stats. Because according to PFF, luck is doing better with less. 

I know, I know, it's all about perspective, and mine is this. We have leaders who don't learn from their mistakes. We have teachers, who should be students, teaching our team how to win. 

If the colts don't learn how to stop beating themselves, which won't happen until the players stop thinking, and start playing. 

Our players are playing like they're thinking about what not to mess up on, instead of trusting their abilities. The colts will not go anywhere,this year of the next. The question is, do you waste Andrew luck to give our coaching staff it's very much needed experience? Or do we get a coaching staff that can help him devolop to his full potential? 

So far irsay is the judge, and I don't like his ruling. 

Good day all. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-entering-week-6/

When Lucky STARTS throwing the ball as or before his receivers come out of their break like Elite QB`s
 often do, then he will not be the problem.  To me, it partly looks like a post snap slow thinking/trust problem, and also the effect of having shrimp WR`s that get muscled at the line and can`t get open quick.
 Lucky deserves another Big WR to pair with Moncrief and lots of Practice, Practice, Practice.
  Unfortunately our Leadership.... well they just don`t   #@*+!$ ?   %&=    !T!!!!

I don't have any problem with the way Luck is playing, nor do I have any issue with his 7 step drops and long pass plays, I do have an issue with the play calling but it more about poor timing of calls.

But you can't look at this INT and say the blame is not Lucks.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000722497/Andrew-Luck-is-intercepted-by-Robert-Nelson-before-half

11 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

When Lucky STARTS throwing the ball as or before his receivers come out of their break like Elite QB`s
 often do, then he will not be the problem.  To me, it partly looks like a post snap slow thinking/trust problem, and also the effect of having shrimp WR`s that get muscled at the line and can`t get open quick.
 Lucky deserves another Big WR to pair with Moncrief and lots of Practice, Practice, Practice.
  Unfortunately our Leadership.... well they just don`t   #@*+!$ ?   %&=    !T!!!!

Have tj green run routes with wrs

9 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't have any problem with the way Luck is playing, nor do I have any issue with his 7 step drops and long pass plays, I do have an issue with the play calling but it more about poor timing of calls.

But you can't look at this INT and say the blame is not Lucks.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000722497/Andrew-Luck-is-intercepted-by-Robert-Nelson-before-half

He forced it to hilton on that play. The prob with the offense is the other wrs haven't been doing much so the defense can just shut down hilton and disrupt the whole offense. Once somebody else becomes a force on the other side things will get easier

12 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

You do not have receivers coming out of breaks on 7 drop step passes. you hold the ball until they run open down the field. Luck is being asked to hold he ball by the coaches. Why can people not get this.