Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF grades Colts vs Texans

Gavin

Remember these are just initial grades and may change if they have anything they feel they need to see on the all 22 https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ind-hou-grades/

I'm holding most of my opinions until I watch the all 22 but needless to say I was not happy with that 4th quarter and overtime.....2 for 6 in the red zone jeesh. Andrew brought a couple pressures on himself hanging onto the ball. With that said....Congrats Gore!! 100 yard game baby!!!

Yeah well I cant even blame the DB's.  I thought Vontae had a nice game and then I see Melvin actually graded out a tad better.  Even on that long ball in OT his coverage was very good, the WR just made a great play really.  With all the injuries they have and ZERO pass rush up front it's a testament to how well they have done this year with everything that has happened.  

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

the rest of the Colts’ secondary wasn’t as stout, especially Clayton Geathers, who allowed eight catches on nine targets for 92 yards and a touchdown (while also missing a pair of tackles), Osweiler had a 146.3 QB rating when targeting the receiver covered by Geathers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ind-hou-grades/

Wasn't Geathers injured? 

Geathers played a lot of ILB as most would have hoped for.
A high completion rate on shorter passes is typical of course, Geathers showed he has a lot to learn, and improve on. Getting those first 15-20 games of experience is part of it.
 After getting rid of at least 5 defensive starters after this season... the road to a good D is a long one.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Geathers played a lot of ILB as most would have hoped for.
A high completion rate on shorter passes is typical of course, Geathers showed he has a lot to learn, and improve on. Getting those first 15-20 games of experience is part of it.
 After getting rid of at least 5 defensive starters after this season... the road to a good D is a long one.

Not that I disagree with you about hin needing experience but the reason we put Geathers at ilb is so he can cover those short medium passes. 

He failed, epically, at that to be honest. A huge part of why The Texans came back. It's just one game but wow that was bad. He's looked fine/good every other game but not Sunday. 

59 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Not that I disagree with you about hin needing experience but the reason we put Geathers at ilb is so he can cover those short medium passes. 

He failed, epically, at that to be honest. A huge part of why The Texans came back. It's just one game but wow that was bad. He's looked fine/good every other game but not Sunday. 

Players have bad game. The best have bad games. The key for him is not to string them together. He will have more bad games in his career. But I expect he will have more good game. 5 good games to 1 bad is about as good as it gets through 6 games

33 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Players have bad game. The best have bad games. The key for him is not to string them together. He will have more bad games in his career. But I expect he will have more good game. 5 good games to 1 bad is about as good as it gets through 6 games

also Geathers had great coverage on that game tying td pass. O just made a great throw and Adams boned it up by trying to go for the ball.