Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Luck is Good said:

We have a pretty good idea PG would leave. This team is going nowhere and he doesn't deserve that. Even the teams with Reggie had a chance most years. This PG Era is going nowhere fast. And a lot of it is on management

I honestly feel bad for PG that's why I won't be mad if he leaves dude deserves way better 

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

We have a pretty good idea PG would leave. This team is going nowhere and he doesn't deserve that. Even the teams with Reggie had a chance most years. This PG Era is going nowhere fast. And a lot of it is on management

He's under contract for another year.

I'm sure he'll be on the team next season...If things go very badly, maybe we make a deal.

But Larry isn't going to deal him this summer....as opposed to try and signing players to help him.

Just not the way he has operated

10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It should we should trade him before he leaves us high and dry I'm a pavers fan way before I'm a PG fan but I honestly don't blame Paul if he wants to leave not one bit 

I think trading Paul George would be extremely dumb. He is a Top 15 player in the league. Paul George's don't grow on trees. He is also under contract all next season and is only 26 years old. Bird should add another Good piece this summer to pair up with PG and Turner and go that route and fire McMillan. If we trade PG we wont win 25 games next season. That would be like the Spurs trading Kawhi Leonard.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

He's under contract for another year.

I'm sure he'll be on the team next season...If things go very badly, maybe we make a deal.

But Larry isn't going to deal him this summer....as opposed to try and signing players to help him.

Just not the way he has operated

You very much underestimate this subject. The only reason PG wasn't traded in February is because Bird asked for way too much from the Celtics. They weren't gonna break up their team for PG because they were gonna be one of the top seeds in the East. Not to mention the fact that Magic Johnson and the Lakers could always come calling

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think trading Paul George would be extremely dumb. He is a Top 15 player in the league. Paul George's don't grow on trees. He is also under contract all next season and is only 26 years old. Bird should add another Good piece this summer to pair up with PG and Turner and go that route and fire McMillan. If we trade PG we wont win 25 games next season. That would be like the Spurs trading Kawhi Leonard.

WE need shooters..Guys like JJ Reddick....

We need a true center and a couple of shooters. We can get that. We aren't The 76ers and Sacramento.

We're not that far away..

With Teague and Lance and Myles, youth like Glenn and now Serafin shows potential.

I like the core of the team.

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

You very much underestimate this subject. The only reason PG wasn't traded in February is because Bird asked for way too much from the Celtics. They weren't gonna break up their team for PG because they were gonna be one of the top seeds in the East. Not to mention the fact that Magic Johnson and the Lakers could always come calling

LIG,

If we trade Paul George to Boston, he will haunt us for the next half dozen years, agreed?

WE need shooters..Guys like JJ Reddick....

We need a true center and a couple of shooters. We can get that. We aren't The 76ers and Sacramento.

We're not that far away..

With Teague and Lance and Myles, youth like Glenn and now Serafin shows potential.

I like the core of the team.

I think we are 1 or 2 players away from being really good. We need the right 1 or 2 players though. PG is a Superstar, not many teams have a Superstar. You need at least 1 to have any chance at all of competing in the league. We got the worse draw in the Playoffs unfortunately with playing the Cavs. Had we drew Boston it would be a different story.

Indeed. But who hasn't haunted the Pacers over all these years?

A lot of teams haven't haunted us.....

I just never bought the trade to Boston talk,.....that came out of Boston.

I'm sure we listened...but trading Paul George to Boston puts us in the toilet for many years to come.

I want PG to stay. I want to be very clear on that. The only way to do that is to get upgraded talent. Go get Gordon Hayward and Brook Lopez

I think Brook Lopez is very much possible ....and JJ Reddick.

.I want Paul George here next year....and for us to take another shot with this core.

And I just dont think Paul turns down $70 million to play for the Lakers, who have been 40 games under .500 for four years

I think Brook Lopez is very much possible ....and JJ Reddick.

.I want Paul George here next year....and for us to take another shot with this core.

And I just dont think Paul turns down $70 million to play for the Lakers, who have been 40 games under .500 for four years

I wouldn't mind getting JJ Reddick either. Get him, Gordon and Lopez. Get rid of Monta and CJ and get Myles in the weight room. Re-sign Teague and have your lineup consist of Teague, Hayward, PG, Myles and Lopez. Off the bench would be some unknown PG, Robinson, Reddick, Thad and Seraphin. That's not too bad and should compete in the East

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

A lot of teams haven't haunted us.....

I just never bought the trade to Boston talk,.....that came out of Boston.

I'm sure we listened...but trading Paul George to Boston puts us in the toilet for many years to come.

I agree. If we trade Paul George will be a toilet team. Only way I trade him is if I get Top 3 Draft pick and 2 players that are on the Very Good level at worse. PG is on the Great level being a Top 15 player. I would love to see Hayward come here.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When has larry ever added a good piece to help Paul??? He wont do it he has had how long? 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. If we trade Paul George will be a toilet team. Only way I trade him is if I get Top 3 Draft pick and 2 players that are on the Very Good level at worse. PG is on the Great level being a Top 15 player. I would love to see Hayward come here.

Top-3 draft...a teenager.

Question: is ANYBODY from last year's draft playing well right now.

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

It'd be cool if Indiana teams could stop getting embarrassed on national TV every year.

We got the worse draw in the whole Playoffs. Any other team in the East we take 6 or 7 games. This series doesn't determine nothing for me regarding the future because I knew we weren't beating the Cavs anyway. We need better Coaching and another Very Good player to pair up with PG. Turner is Good but inconsistent, same with Teague and Lance. We need a Lopez or Hayward in here.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

When has larry ever added a good piece to help Paul??? He wont do it he has had how long? 

Jeff Teague....CJ Miles...Monta Ellis......Thad Young.......we didn't draft any of them.

Larry signed them.

We are trying.we should keep trying..Trading PG makes us Sacramento for a decade

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He's in the post-season..and he can make max bucks..I sure dont feel sorry for him

Why do you think money is all that matters if i was a superstar I'd be much more worried about winning championships then money when I'm already loaded with cash

Jeff Teague....CJ Miles...Monta Ellis......Thad Young.......we didn't draft any of them.

Larry signed them.

We are trying.we should keep trying..Trading PG makes us Sacramento for a decade

lmao yeah not what I mean at all I knew you would list all the average players he brings in in hope to compete with a'll the big 3 teams in the league