Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

wow...that's the end for the Clippers even if they beat Utah

Gobert, Rondo, Griffin....and we don't totally know about Kevin Durant

Durant is fine lmao. The Warriors don't need him until the Cavs anyway. They are being cautious with him. Clippers are a joke, Blake pulling his usual stuff. A freakin toe injury. That team has been over payroll and has had tons of talent and cant even make a Conference Finals. Jazz still may win that series, if they don't the Warriors will destroy them with relative ease haha 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Durant is fine lmao. The Warriors don't need him until the Cavs anyway. They are being cautious with him. Clippers are a joke, Blake pulling his usual stuff. A freakin toe injury. That team has been over payroll and has had tons of talent and cant even make a Conference Finals. Jazz still may win that series, if they don't the Warriors will destroy them with relative ease haha 

Golden State has to beat San Antonio.....eventually.

Remember....it was almost guaranteed that Golden State would sweep EVERYONE last year.

I guess my point is that you keep playing because you never know who's the next star player to go down.

Of course, when you're down 3-0...its hard to 'keep playing'

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Clippers are a trash organization. They'll have another excuse with Griffin out. Chris Paul last year and Blake Griffin this year. That team should've been broken up after they choked against the Rockets two years ago. Would've made it to at least one conference finals but would've lost to the Warriors. I can't stand the Clippers. Most overhyped team every year since this core has been together. And they're trash year in and year out

55 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Clippers are a trash organization. They'll have another excuse with Griffin out. Chris Paul last year and Blake Griffin this year. That team should've been broken up after they choked against the Rockets two years ago. Would've made it to at least one conference finals but would've lost to the Warriors. I can't stand the Clippers. Most overhyped team every year since this core has been together. And they're trash year in and year out

Out of LIKES but Great Post! They have had tons of talent and cant even make a Conf Finals. Hell Pacers have done that 10 times since 1994.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is going on with the Washington Bullets :sarcasm:. Hawks up 59-41 late in the 2nd. It may take 5 to eliminate the Hawks? Bullets in 5 :pcsmash:cant even sweep Howard!

Funny thing..everybody who's had a 20-point lead in a game in the playoffs so far has won that game.

(well, almost everybody)

That was such a great game between the Spurs and Grizzlies. It was a pleasure to watch the shows put on by Kawhi Leonard and Mike Conley. I would take Kawhi before KD every single day of the week. And Conley is such a good PG. Spurs will still win the series but at least it'll be interesting

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Memphis has done much better than I thought they would. Tied 2-2

these are all great playoff series

(well, almost all of them)

I think I know which one you mean by not being a great series so far. lmao 

Very curious today to see if Boston can tie this thing up. Rondo is out for the series and well it's really going to hurt the Bulls. If the Bulls lose this game before heading back to Boston then we have something maybe........

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Warriors get the Rockets they will want Durant IMO. Rockets can freaking SCORE. I wasn't expecting Houston to sweep the Westbrooks either, thats just too difficult to do.......

I am really not sure about the Spurs at times? They will win this series but not sure if they can outscore the Warriors.

As for Durant vs. the Cavs? Long ways to go before we can talk about that. Cavs still are going to have a few potential battles in the East but it's setting up again for Lebron to be back in the finals for the 50th time in a row.

Will say one thing, Durant never has been very good vs. Lebron teams. Thats just a fact. But, this is the best team Durant has been on in terms of all around starting talent too.

I didn't see the Warriors tonight but I think they had to comeback and win it. Although one thing that scares me about the Warriors AND the Cavs......both teams have such amazing abilities to come back and win games when you think it's over. So a series between them with all players on both teams healthy could be another treasure for fans like last year when it went 7. UNLESS defensive woes later show up for Cleveland.

Durant I agree is not really a health issue and they are taking it easy with him. 

I worry more about Steve Kerr.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/23/report-health-could-force-golden-state-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-miss-rest

With him out it does hurt that team. And Steve Kerr is the only thing I am really a fan of when it comes to the Warriors. I really like him and think he can be quite underrated as a coach. 

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Funny thing..everybody who's had a 20-point lead in a game in the playoffs so far has won that game.

(well, almost everybody)

lmao You kill me with this stuff. lmao I know it's sad though. 

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

If the Warriors get the Rockets they will want Durant IMO. Rockets can freaking SCORE. I wasn't expecting Houston to sweep the Westbrooks either, thats just too difficult to do.......

I am really not sure about the Spurs at times? They will win this series but not sure if they can outscore the Warriors.

As for Durant vs. the Cavs? Long ways to go before we can talk about that. Cavs still are going to have a few potential battles in the East but it's setting up again for him to be back in the finals for the 50th time in a row.

Will say one thing, Durant never has been very good vs. Lebron teams. Thats just a fact. But, this is the best team Durant has been on in terms of all around starting talent too.

I didn't see the Warriors tonight but I think they had to comeback and win it. Although one thing that scares me about the Warriors AND the Cavs......both teams have such amazing abilities to come back and win games when you think it's over. So a series between them with all players on both teams healthy could be another treasure for fans like last year when it went 7. UNLESS defensive woes later show up for Cleveland.

Durant I agree is not really a health issue and they are taking it easy with him. 

I worry more about Steve Kerr.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/23/report-health-could-force-golden-state-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-miss-rest

With him out it does hurt that team. And Steve Kerr is the only thing I am really a fan of when it comes to the Warriors. I really like him and think he can be quite underrated as a coach. 

Warriors did have to come back tonight. Played like crap until they went on a 19-1 run in the 3rd quarter. I knew they had it after that. As for the Spurs, that was a pleasure to watch Kawhi vs Conley. What a show put on by both of those guys. It was amazing in every sense of the word. And to the point about Durant, I think he's overrated. Warriors could win the championship without him. I would take Kawhi every single day of the week over him. Not even a debate for me

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Warriors did have to come back tonight. Played like crap until they went on a 19-1 run in the 3rd quarter. I knew they had it after that. As for the Spurs, that was a pleasure to watch Kawhi vs Conley. What a show put on by both of those guys. It was amazing in every sense of the word. And to the point about Durant, I think he's overrated. Warriors could win the championship without him. I would take Kawhi every single day of the week over him. Not even a debate for me

2006 loves Durant so I will tread lightly. lmao I think Durant is a huge talent and he is, but I DO NOT trust him at times in big big games. I just don't. I still even have a bitter taste in my mouth from last years WCFs, that was absolutely dreadful.........

Sometimes I even prefer the Warriors without him out there and sometimes I feel they would have better off staying with their lineup from last year exactly as is.  I see nothing wrong with the team they had last year and um how many games did they win? What hurt the Warriors too at times last year in the finals was injuries and defensive slop. Curry started getting hurt in the first series of the postseason and a few of their guys were hurt later on too but I forgot which ones but they were not starters. And Draymond Green went full dumb aazz mode which he can be baited into doing.

The Cavs wanted that series more and I even predicted they would get back into it when they were down, Lebron fired up the troops and got Kyrie's head out of his butt for the final 3 games of that series. Can they do it again? Not sure but the Warriors had a better bench last year too. What "could" hurt the Cavs later is their own defensive woes that can pop up from time to time but then again but they have not really been as tested yet this postseason (sorry guys). 

It's just a fact though that Durant has had some HEAVY issues vs. Lebron in big spots.......so I am really curious to see if we get Warriors/Cavs how Durant performs on the big stage again vs. Lebron James who seems to at times be slightly in his head IMO.

I remember Paul Pierce a few years ago talking about Lebron and how he used to have success sometimes vs. him since he started seeing him so young with the Cavs and learned about him and his tendencies early on. And Pierce said if you defend Lebron a lot in a game.......you will be sore for a few days. lmao 

Pierce used to have some interesting comments on guys he always went up against. He once said Kobe Bryant had "the mentality of a basketball serial killer and just never quit." lmao 

5 hours ago, Jules said:

2006 loves Durant so I will tread lightly. lmao I think Durant is a huge talent and he is, but I DO NOT trust him at times in big big games. I just don't. I still even have a bitter taste in my mouth from last years WCFs, that was absolutely dreadful.........

Sometimes I even prefer the Warriors without him out there and sometimes I feel they would have better off staying with their lineup from last year exactly as is.  I see nothing wrong with the team they had last year and um how many games did they win? What hurt the Warriors too at times last year in the finals was injuries and defensive slop. Curry started getting hurt in the first series of the postseason and a few of their guys were hurt later on too but I forgot which ones but they were not starters. And Draymond Green went full dumb aazz mode which he can be baited into doing.

The Cavs wanted that series more and I even predicted they would get back into it when they were down, Lebron fired up the troops and got Kyrie's head out of his butt for the final 3 games of that series. Can they do it again? Not sure but the Warriors had a better bench last year too. What "could" hurt the Cavs later is their own defensive woes that can pop up from time to time but then again but they have not really been as tested yet this postseason (sorry guys). 

It's just a fact though that Durant has had some HEAVY issues vs. Lebron in big spots.......so I am really curious to see if we get Warriors/Cavs how Durant performs on the big stage again vs. Lebron James who seems to at times be slightly in his head IMO.

I remember Paul Pierce a few years ago talking about Lebron and how he used to have success sometimes vs. him since he started seeing him so young with the Cavs and learned about him and his tendencies early on. And Pierce said if you defend Lebron a lot in a game.......you will be sore for a few days. lmao 

Pierce used to have some interesting comments on guys he always went up against. He once said Kobe Bryant had "the mentality of a basketball serial killer and just never quit." lmao 

Durant hasn't faired well against LeBron teams in the past but he also has never played on a team this great before in Golden St. He wont need to dominate in order for them to beat the Cavs. He just needs to play Good. Curry, Thompson, or Green on any given night can carry that team. We all know LeBron is better than Durant - no debate there from me but the Warriors are a 4-headed monster now. I honestly think the Warriors can beat anyone in the West without Durant, that is how Great the Warriors are. If I am the Warriors I would be cautious with Durant if he is injured in any kind of way. Play him of course so he doesn't get rusty but be cautious with him especially if the Warriors are up big in games. They will need his production vs the Cavs if they play each other. As you seen last night the Warriors went on a 19-1 scoring blitz in Portland to take that game without Durant. Portland is tough to beat at home especially when Lillard and Mccollum both score over 30 and they did, they did and they still couldn't beat the Warriors. 

10 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

That was such a great game between the Spurs and Grizzlies. It was a pleasure to watch the shows put on by Kawhi Leonard and Mike Conley. I would take Kawhi before KD every single day of the week. And Conley is such a good PG. Spurs will still win the series but at least it'll be interesting

It's a debate for me because I would take Durant over Kawhi. When healthy Durant is better IMO, Kawhi had a better season but going by their whole career's I would take Durant. Yes Kawhi has a Ring but he was also on a loaded team when he got that Ring. in 2014 Duncan, Parker, and Gino still had major game. Now Durant is finally on a loaded team so he will get his Ring IMO. OKC had some Very Good teams with Westbrook/Durant but Durant is a part of a special team now that knows how to play team ball.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch. At least the food will be good lol. Not expecting a win unfortunately

Their Hot Barbecue rocks! Are you going to get Blazin lmao I usually role with the Hot which isn't real hot but it has a kick and I like it. There is one in between Hot and Blazin I cant remember what it's called and it's close to as bad as Blazin! I know Medium is the one below Hot.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their Hot Barbecue rocks! Are you going to get Blazin lmao I usually role with the Hot which isn't real hot but it has a kick and I like it. There is one in between Hot and Blazin I cant remember what it's called and it's close to as bad as Blazin! I know Medium is the one below Hot.

I usually just get hot. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a debate for me because I would take Durant over Kawhi. When healthy Durant is better IMO, Kawhi had a better season but going by their whole career's I would take Durant. Yes Kawhi has a Ring but he was also on a loaded team when he got that Ring. in 2014 Duncan, Parker, and Gino still had major game. Now Durant is finally on a loaded team so he will get his Ring IMO. OKC had some Very Good teams with Westbrook/Durant but Durant is a part of a special team now that knows how to play team ball.

Kawhi was the Alpha on that team. No way Spurs win that championship without him. Would've lost to the Thunder in that conference finals had Kawhi not become what he had become

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I usually just get hot. 

Yeah me too. I haven't been there in a while but I think it goes Mild/Medium/Hot/Wild/Blazin. Every once in a while I will get the Wild - I couldn't remember what it was called earlier but it just destroys you after eating 4 or 5 of them, not worth it. I tried Blazin once years ago and ate like 3 of those, splitting a 6 piece with a friend for fun. Man I went through 2 beers in like 10 minutes with those things! My mouth was on fire for an hour after eating those.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I usually just get hot. 

I can't do hot wings haha. I usually get Asian Zing and/or Parmesan Garlic/Honey BBQ. Asian Zing is the freakin bomb though. I always get that every single time

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Kawhi was the Alpha on that team. No way Spurs win that championship without him. Would've lost to the Thunder in that conference finals had Kawhi not become what he had become

He was an Alpha on a team with a bunch of Alpha's in reality. I agree they don't win it all without him but he still was on a loaded team. Tim Duncan is a Top 10 player of all-time and Tony Parker had already won a Finals MVP. They also had POP Coaching. Durant has had Westbrook = huge help and suspect Coaching his whole career (but what else? Harden in Harden's younger days and Harden wasn't the Harden of now). Not taking anything away from Kawhi but he has had more to work with than Durant has had. Now Durant is on a true stacked team, so if he doesn't win here then that will look bad. I think the Warriors win it all this season though. I think Kawhi and Paul George are really close as far as rankings and to me PG is a better Offensive player. PG is pretty Good on Defense as well, not as great as Kawhi there but still solid.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was an Alpha on a team with a bunch of Alpha's in reality. I agree they don't win it all without him but he still was on a loaded team. Tim Duncan is a Top 10 player of all-time and Tony Parker had already won a Finals MVP. They also had POP Coaching. Durant has had Westbrook = huge help and suspect Coaching his whole career (but what else? Harden in Harden's younger days and Harden wasn't the Harden of now). Not taking anything away from Kawhi but he has had more to work with than Durant has had. Now Durant is on a true stacked team, so if he doesn't win here then that will look bad. I think the Warriors win it all this season though. I think Kawhi and Paul George are really close as far as rankings and to me PG is a better Offensive player. PG is pretty Good on Defense as well, not as great as Kawhi there but still solid.

The Warriors would've won without Durant imo. They did win the Western Conference two straight years without him. And fell just one win short of consecutive NBA championships. And yes that Spurs team was loaded but they still don't win without Kawhi

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah me too. I haven't been there in a while but I think it goes Mild/Medium/Hot/Wild/Blazin. Every once in a while I will get the Wild - I couldn't remember what it was called earlier but it just destroys you after eating 4 or 5 of them, not worth it. I tried Blazin once years ago and ate like 3 of those, splitting a 6 piece with a friend for fun. Man I went through 2 beers in like 10 minutes with those things! My mouth was on fire for an hour after eating those.

Yeah I kind of want to try Blazin but I don't know if I could handle it, and I love spicy stuff. But I've heard they are very very hot.

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

The Warriors would've won without Durant imo. They did win the Western Conference two straight years without him. And fell just one win short of consecutive NBA championships. And yes that Spurs team was loaded but they still don't without Kawhi

I agree the Spurs don't win it without Kawhi but I don't think the Warriors would beat the Cavs without Durant. Yeah the Warriors can win the West without him but without Durant's extra production they would lose to LeBron. They lost last season to LeBron after winning 73 with HCA.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah I kind of want to try Blazin but I don't know if I could handle it, and I love spicy stuff. But I've heard they are very very hot.

A waiter told me one time that the Blazin tastes like dirt. Super hot and tastes like dirt? I'll pass

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Just get you a 6 piece and try 1 and if it burns you up just stop is what I would do. I was much younger when I tried them. It's been 10 years ago. I can do Hot though and eat like 12 of those. or get the Wild and see how it treats you first instead of Blazin??

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree the Spurs don't win it without Kawhi but I don't think the Warriors would beat the Cavs without Durant. Yeah the Warriors can win the West without him but without Durant's extra production they would lose to LeBron. They lost last season to LeBron after winning 73 with HCA.

And they beat the Cavs the year before last