Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts O vs Broncos D per PFF

bigt

Our 3 wr, 1te, 1rb set looks good against their defense.  I think our new look offense rivals Carolina's so it will be interesting to see how the grades fluctuate after Denver.  The big mismatch that works against us is Reitz vs Miller.  Definitely need to utilize rb and te chip and releases.  The big mismatch working in our favor, believe it or not, is our interior line vs Denver's interior line and inside linebackers.  Colts offensive player grades against Detroit.   Gore  48.5  Poor       Reitz  54.3  Poor       Good  72  Average       Dorsett  73  Average       Moncrief  74.3  Average       Mewhort  75.5  Average       Kelly  75.6  Average       Hilton  78.8  Average       Allen  79.1  Average       Castonzo  82.1  Above Average       Luck  95.2  Elite           Colt's cumulative score = 808.4

Broncos defensive players grades against Carolina       Keo  N/A (I gave him a score of 50 just to be cautious)       Roby  31.1  Poor       Ward  36  Poor       Wolfe  40.9  Poor     Marshall  45  Poor     Gotsis  53.1  Poor     Ware  74.9  Average     Talib  79.2  Average     Stewart  79.4  Average       Miller  81.9  Above Average     Harris  88.7  High Quality          Broncos cumulative score = 660.2

Anyway, Colt's offensive match ups against Denver's Defense looks good per PFF.  Crossing fingers everyone stays healthy this time around playing Denver.

I can see Gore, Turbin, Doyle, and Allen helping out with Miller. I really hope we don't have a "Jekyll and Hyde" situation with the OL in this one. 

I see this as a winnable game if Luck plays like he did last week and we get the benefit of a few mistakes from their young QB.

We should start the game in the 2 minute offense and play that way until it's over. Pass to open up the run, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on any clock management tactics in the near future if at all possible.

I am a believer and advocate for PFF's grades and how they come to many of those grades BUT remember those are week to week grades and can change at a moments notice. In other words some of those poor performances overall game 1 wont be repeated vs the Colts.

However I tend to think that O Line grades and Corner grades wont deviate to much minus an outlier here or there by a Corner or O lineman. What you get from those I think will be consistent grades from either end of the spectrum. A good O lineman or Corner will consistently show up with good grades with a bad game once in a while and vice versa......In other words Robinsons bad game at Corner.....well those will continue with an occasional solid game mixed in

Nah it comes down to Castonzo and Reitz ability to block Ware and Miller 1 on 1 and Manusky's ability to expose mismatches. 

- I'd test Ware early against the run and run right at him to see how he reacts.

-I'd also send Allen out wide at times in hopes of getting Ware or Miller out in coverage.

-I'd throw over the middle quite a bit to test Marshall in coverage and frustrate that Broncos pass rush

-I'd throw Dorsetts way on Roby quite a bit

-I'd run plenty of inside zone runs to get that Broncos D Line flowing

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Nah it comes down to Castonzo and Reitz ability to block Ware and Miller 1 on 1 and Manusky's ability to expose mismatches. 

- I'd test Ware early against the run and run right at him to see how he reacts.

-I'd also send Allen out wide at times in hopes of getting Ware or Miller out in coverage.

-I'd throw over the middle quite a bit to test Marshall in coverage and frustrate that Broncos pass rush

-I'd throw Dorsetts way on Roby quite a bit

If we're hanging our hate on Manusky coming up with something,  then it's going to be a LONG game.

Manusky was fired this off-season.

I think you meant Monachino.    (sp?)

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If we're hanging our hate on Manusky coming up with something,  then it's going to be a LONG game.

Manusky was fired this off-season.

I think you meant Monachino.    (sp?)

Chud  I mean. I'd also disguise some blitzes on defense but more than anything I'd be telling my Corners be aggressive and jump some routes cause Siemians going to do a lot of dink and dunk right now

5 minutes ago, bigt said:

Well, I just saw Melvin as the 12th best graded CB and Cromartie was 18th.  Maybe we should go ahead and role with those two.

Remember its only 1 game and 34 snaps. I am interested to see if he can have a repeat performance or better however  

1 hour ago, bigt said:

Any guess on when Butler or Davis will be back?

Butler MAY be back this week.    He saw limited time in practice today.    He might be another week away,  but it sounds like sometime soon.

Davis?    Probably another 2-3 weeks.....    at least....   if not longer....    

Sorry.....

4 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

If I'm correct Butler will be back this Sunday. He's already practicing. 

Vontae was said to be out for 6 weeks, I think he will be out for at least 2 more week. Just my 2 cents.

As long as Butler's at slot, or maybe safety, I'm good with that. 

If they put him back outside, I'll go bananas........again. 

Offense will have to hit on some RB screens/draws early to slow Miller & Ware somewhat.  Same strategy teams used on the Colts in the Freeney/Mathis hay days.

I hate to see them keep a TE in to help with Miller.  Much rather have them in the route.

Gore, Turbin & co have to be spot on in pass pro.  Love Gore, but he wiffed on one of the early sacks vs. DET