Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody know whats really going on here?

Indeee

Our wideouts when Peyton played were always open with toms of separation. Maybe it was Peyton who manipulated the playcalling to achieve this or maybe it was Moores scheme, IDK but it seems our wideouts  hardly ever get true separation. I just always remember watching our receivers run free at will seemingly for many years and nowadays its like everybody who catches passes (if they catch) have guys draped all over them consistently. This is just one factor of many that baffles me. Our team/scheme just seems odd.

I guess overall I'm just tired of the Pats, as example, dragging guys in from the scrap heap and turning them into players that consistently beat everybody. Good or not, our team watches film right? if it's our scheme for example why can't we figure out the Pats scheme and copy it? They seem to figure out ever other teams scheme and neutralize it.

What's going on here? Injuries aside, there is no way the offense should always be playing from behind ( Can Luck read a defense?) and our defense giving up 27 plus points a game. Again, by example the Pats have a few of their best defensive players out, as do we and they only give up 21 points to the Cards in Arizona and win. The rest are guys just like ours. Just football players and yet these guys play harder and execute better than our guys do on a consistent basis. Look, I'm not one to go on the "Fire the Coaches" rant, but if this truly is on the Coaches then this has to be blown up in every phase, including the trainers and med staff.

Oh, and how many more seasons do we need to keep saying as a fan base that it's only one game?? Regardless of our playoff appearances since Luck has arrived something still is not right.... and we ALL as fans should know this. I think they try as a team but this isn't good enough anymore. Even with bad decision yesterday to kick off long, shouldn't PatMac know the rules and have awareness not to boomstick it to the zone? And even after all of that, knowing how poorly the offense had played all day and defense, that with the game on the line, shouldn't these guys be able to gutcheck themselves enough to get a stop so the team gets a win? I mean they were so far pff the ball the Lions got to just under midfield on their first play... ????

Again... something isn't right and it hasn't been in a long time. Maybe Colts fans had been spoiled but it's getting to the point where looking forward to Colts games are no longer fun. not because I hate the Colts, but the uncertainty of not knowing what team I will be watching is what's a downer. I would rather us be consistently bad or consistently great as with that at least we know what we have and what we can expect, but this absolute unawareness of what we are and who we are and how we are going to play week to week is a headache and personally I'm sick of it.

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Is this sarcastic? or do you honestly believe, in your opinion, Andrew is the problem? Or do you believe our team has no Luck and seem to be black-clouded?

If you think Andrew is to blame for the slow starts I dont even know what to tell you.  Did you even watch the game yesterday?  Luck does what the coaches telk him to do, they wanted to try and get the run going.  Luck like the good soldier he is followed his orders.  When the game was getting out of hand they finally let him loose and tbe result? Had a GWD only to lose because of a injury riddled bad defense.

Looked to me like the receivers where getting open to me.

Seriously I don't know how much you can complain about offense outside of the run game.  They scored several TD's, didn't turn the ball over.

Our problems where all on defense.  Bad tackling on several occasions, couldn't cover.

6 minutes ago, Everyone said:

If you think Andrew is to blame for the slow starts I dont even know what to tell you.  Did you even watch the game yesterday?  Luck does what the coaches telk him to do, they wanted to try and get the run going.  Luck like the good soldier he is followed his orders.  When the game was getting out of hand they finally let him loose and tbe result? Had a GWD only to lose because of a injury riddled bad defense.

I never said Luck was the problem, I made reference if he could read a defense? And to your point, then if Luck in your opinion is playing good solider, then he needs to stop and audible to plays that get us leads and accurately helps us move the ball. I don't know if the staff has given him authority to do so, I would assume that have, so it's time for him to audible more when defense predicts it necessary.

6 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

This team has some issues after yesterday's game. The passing game however, is not one of those issues.

they tried to run to start the game a the d didn't do their part. When we let the passing game lose it was explosive. Dorsett looks very good, and Moncrief and Hilton look like a great duo.

By the way, I love Kelowna. Going there for wine fest

Luck might be a "slow starter" sometimes, but put it in perspective, after punting the first 3 drives.  They score 6 of 7 of the next possessions with 4 td's.  There is not a team who wouldn't take that overall performance everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.  He was downright phenomenal, this is not on him. He protected the ball and himself yesterday, if he continues to to do that, he will be the best in the league.  As for the coaching etc, it is what it is, Pagano to me at least from an outside perspective, in game is mediocre.  He reminds me of some of the things that would happen under Kubiak.  They would have one bad half one great half lots of times and there would be some questionable decisions here are there.  But Kubiak won a superbowl, there is no reason Pagano cannot in the right situation, but expecting him to be BB or Arians or one of the other Top tier coaches isn't fair, he is what he is.

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

31/47 66%

385 yards

4 TDs

8.1 ypa- could be a little better

overall those are great numbers i dont see how anyone thinks the passing game is the problem.  we cant run it and the defense is one of the worst in the league

Run game wasn't bad once the passing attack started to click. They just need to accept it and go with a pass-to-open-up-the-run mentality, this offense would put up 50 per game. Gore did have 4 ypc, which is solid, but they kept force-feeding him early and DET just wasn't having it. But once Luck started to get into a groove, holes inevitably opened up in the run game.

27 minutes ago, jradMT said:

Luck might be a "slow starter" sometimes, but put it in perspective, after punting the first 3 drives.  They score 6 of 7 of the next possessions with 4 td's.  There is not a team who wouldn't take that overall performance everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.  He was downright phenomenal, this is not on him. He protected the ball and himself yesterday, if he continues to to do that, he will be the best in the league.  As for the coaching etc, it is what it is, Pagano to me at least from an outside perspective, in game is mediocre.  He reminds me of some of the things that would happen under Kubiak.  They would have one bad half one great half lots of times and there would be some questionable decisions here are there.  But Kubiak won a superbowl, there is no reason Pagano cannot in the right situation, but expecting him to be BB or Arians or one of the other Top tier coaches isn't fair, he is what he is.

terrible blahaha

24 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

31/47 66%

385 yards

4 TDs

8.1 ypa- could be a little better

overall those are great numbers i dont see how anyone thinks the passing game is the problem.  we cant run it and the defense is one of the worst in the league

8.1 yards per att is actually really good he didn't have that all of last year.

54 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I never said Luck was the problem, I made reference if he could read a defense? And to your point, then if Luck in your opinion is playing good solider, then he needs to stop and audible to plays that get us leads and accurately helps us move the ball. I don't know if the staff has given him authority to do so, I would assume that have, so it's time for him to audible more when defense predicts it necessary.

My mistake, Yes Luck can read and manipulate a defense.  He showed that pretty well yesterday, he even checked into and out of run plays.