Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mewhort to play against DET

Jackie Daytona

This was one of those cases where the media heard knee injury and made up their own conclusion.

By the way things have gone, it looks like he probably had a mild knee sprain or they wouldn't even be talking about him being suited up for Sunday.

39 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

You are correct. We do not know if there is a chance or not, but based on the information we have already received on the injury is it unfair for a poster to question the time table? I think everyone should be able to believe what they want, and not be told they are wrong because the Colts' medical staff said so. I personally trust the medical staff to make the right decision, and Pagano's past indications to lean towards the side of caution. I just feel that the previous posters also have legitimate concerns about rushing him back.

I didn't say the poster was wrong.  I said we don't know and have nothing to support the arguement that he's not ready to go. I even said latter the poster is more than entitled to their own opinion.  I am just raising the point people here aren't armed with knowledge needed to say if a player should be playing or not, yet people here like to try to make that determination like they are armed with that knowledge.  

12 minutes ago, IinD said:

This was one of those cases where the media heard knee injury and made up their own conclusion.

By the way things have gone, it looks like he probably had a mild knee sprain or they wouldn't even be talking about him being suited up for Sunday.

It wasn't really the media, it was a lot of people here.  The orginal story said the Colts feared he was lost for the year and a lot people took that to mean he was.  I even remember people like Kravitz saying IF he was lost for the year it would be a big loss.  

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It wasn't really the media, it was a lot of people here.  The orginal story said the Colts feared he was lost for the year and a lot people took that to mean he was.  I even remember people like Kravitz saying IF he was lost for the year it would be a big loss.  

Yeah I hear you. Just meant that somehow it always comes out as terrible when many times it isn't.

There's no way to know how hurt someone is 4 minutes after it happened, but speculation is king nowadays.

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah I hear you. Just meant that somehow it always comes out as terrible when many times it isn't.

There's no way to know how hurt someone is 4 minutes after it happened, but speculation is king nowadays.

Yeah and people like to jump to conclusions.  People, myself incouded, saw season ending and missed the feared part.  

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

It is a legitimate question. We have already saw it this season with Darius Butler, D'Joun Smith, and Tevin Mitchel. They all came back early and got hurt again which is probably why we are holding out Butler this time. 

A better example is the OL (name escapes me... Graf?) who injured his ankle against Buffalo, played the next week , and re-injured it, was gone for the year and cut.

i agree with both sides actually.  I trust the doctors know what they are doing AND I'd like to see him FULLY recovered before he comes back so sitting another week doesn't sound so bad.  I'm glad I don't have to make the decision.

17 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Dan Dakich reporting Mewhort will be in the lineup Sunday afternoon...... this is a welcome plus for sure!

Good to hear

I don't know why Dakich is reporting this though.  He's just a sports talk guy.  I'll wait until my boy Pagano or my man Grigson tell me that info first.

(sorry I find it funny that everyone on the that show is his boy, or his man.  Like he knows these people and are buddy's.)

On 9/9/2016 at 2:33 PM, cbear said:

Was he the one that reported gone for year?  Yeah, I wish there was some website somewhere that kept score of these "breaking news" type reports.  Nowadays, media can be constantly wrong and no one seems to fact check them.

I am pretty sure ESPN ran it as breaking news.... and others ran it as scrolls including the Madden football game....let's hope nothing happens to prove them less wrong....