Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stephen Morris

BProland85

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

340 grand to be on the practice squad.   Pretty good money

Even better money is Zack Grienke! Pitcher for giants. His salary basically is $1 million per start. Every 5 days a million bucks. Guaranteed too, collects if hurt or benched  or whatever.

That's making money. Crazy lol.

19 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL Mike Hart. What ever year that was (don't remember) I met this guy from NY. BIG Syracuse fan. Like HUGE Syracuse fan. He was one of the most jacked up, hyper people I've ever met. We talked a lot of football, but anyways. He kept telling me what kind of surprise we were getting with this Mike Hart. He kept on and on like he was going to be a superstar LOL.

I don't know about a superstar but Hart would have been an excellent rb if he had stayed healthy.

Ahhh the infamous backup QB thread.....LOVE IT! Funny how all 32 teams have the same thread DEVOTED to argument of who should be the backup QB. So funny yet if any of them were to see the field their teams boards would melt down in doomsday threads. Honestly there are probably only 1 or 2 back up qbs in the league that could keep an offense afloat and help a team win 1 or 2 games and help them into the playoffs....the rest in my opinion are better served being used to develop a young qb or bring some professionalism and support to the starting qb. In this case it seems that is why Tolzien is backing up Luck. I think Morris has a much higher upside but there isn't much help he could do for this team on an active roster that he can't do from the practice squad. Who knows maybe he will be our Trevor Siemien next year. 

7 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

To be totally fair though Rogers didn't leave himself much chance on the field.  He only really got to play in a handful of games for one season and then got himself in trouble. 

I agree with that. My initial response that you quoted was directly aimed at this though,

"I agree with you on Morris. But Da'Rick Rogers actually showed what he could do on the field. He had over 100 yards in his 1st career game against Cincy. Then he had that great catch in the playoffs against KC that started that incredible comeback. It was the off the field issues that was the problem."

Which I felt oversold what rogers actually accomplished on the field. I agree he had a ton of raw athleticism and he even had really good college production...but when he actually got on the field in those handful+ of games, he only actually produced in the first one. Then teams had pro tape on him and he did squat after that except for the one catch in the KC game. 

:)

On September 8, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, just saw this after making my post...

Kudos, you beat me to it...

It's funny though because all the guys our forum likes have awesome names, like CAESAR, CHICK, HART, but Stephen is a pedestrian name, so you know he must be a cut above the rest to get grouped in those names. I was personally more a fan of Jared "J.Load" Lorenzen.