Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why would an owner entrust Luck's Prime to Chuck Pagano

YourNextGM

On 8/31/2016 at 10:13 AM, Jason_S said:

I think what you're referring to is far more a product of the playcalling.  As warghost said, the playcalling changed once Luck went down and Hass took over and they had to rely on the short passing game.  Also, all 3 have been doing very well getting open so far in the preseason on short routes.  So no, I don't think it has anything to do with the abilities of the WRs we have but rather the inept offensive philosophy that Pep was running.

It is easy to blame Pep, but  Pep wasn't running the routes.  Our WRs do not run precision routes.  they round the cuts rather than planting their foot and pushing off.  Too much relying on their speed when speed wont help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I've also said for at least a year now that Pagano is not HC material and can't get this team to the Super Bowl. They were close once, but got blown out by NE and have gotten worse every year since. 

The last yr? LOL,  I wanted him gone after his 1st season.  Woulda been cutthroat,  but I woulda gave him a small % of the team and a cushy front office job/PR.  

To be fair,  I was never a fan of Bruce Arians' offense,  and didn't want him to stay either m  i wanted to oair Luck w/ Gruden and Y banana the league