Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. "Rill Dill" McGill

BlueStallion

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He looked like this in the pre-season last year and didn't do much durning the season.  While I agree he's looked good he's also played mostly if not all against backups the last two weeks.  While playing well is important who you do it against also matters.  

He was a reserve last year.  He was pretty productive (I thought) for someone who played so sparingly....

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

He was a reserve last year.  He was pretty productive (I thought) for someone who played so sparingly....

But looked no where like he has in the pre-season this year or last.  He's exactly what you said a reserve.  Nice and important to have don't get me wrong, but I am not expecting him to become a superstar or anything.  

25 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He looked like this in the pre-season last year and didn't do much durning the season.  While I agree he's looked good he's also played mostly if not all against backups the last two weeks.  While playing well is important who you do it against also matters.  

We didn't even pick him up until after the preseason was over and we made the final cuts.  He had to come in and learn the whole defense on the fly.  An entirely different defense at that because he came out of that Seattle system. 

I am becoming a huge TY McGill fan. Our defensive line has so much talent, but so many of them are down right now. I have no idea how this will shake out on opening day. I am not very far away from moving McGill ahead of Jones though. This is just my personal ranking; based on talent:

Defensive Linemen
1 96 Henry Anderson DE Stanford 6'6" 300
2 90 Kendall Langford DE Hampton 6'6" 305
3 54 David Parry NT Stanford 6'2" 310
4 97 Arthur Jones DT Syracuse 6'3" 320
5 99 T.Y. McGill DT North Carolina State 6'0" 299
6 91 Hassan Ridgeway DT Texas 6'4" 307
7 94 Zach Kerr DT Delaware 6'2" 334
8 67 Sterling Bailey DE Georgia 6'4" 277
9 64 Kelcy Quarles DE South Carolina 6'4" 312
10 65 Delvon Simmons DT USC 6'5" 295
11 68 Ricky Lumpkin NT Kentucky 6'3" 300

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He was arguably our best defensive lineman towards the end of the season. He was really starting to come around.. I think he's going to have a solid year, especially if we can get Anderson,Jones and Langford back. I absolutely love McGill.

4 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

He was arguably our best defensive lineman towards the end of the season. He was really starting to come around.. I think he's going to have a solid year, especially if we can get Anderson,Jones and Langford back. I absolutely love McGill.

I like McGill too, I just don't think he's going to be a superstar that's all.  I think he's a solid second string guy and you absolutely have to have those guys to win in the NFL.