Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hassan ridgeway

BProland85

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Anderson will come off the field when the coaches tell him to come off the field.  And if the coaches feel they can give him more breathers with little to no drop in effectiveness at the position they will.  And if they feel Ridgeway gives them that ability then they will do that.

Hence, Anderson wanting to get on the field, he wants to show the team that there is a wide enough gap between him and the competition so they don't think about doing that.

Good point, but Hassan Ridgeway has not shown near enough to be considered someone who can provide "little to no drop in effectiveness" compared to Anderson. As you say, now that Henry is healthy he will make the gap between himself and Ridgeway evident.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

Good point, but Hassan Ridgeway has not shown near enough to be considered someone who can provide "little to no drop in effectiveness" compared to Anderson. As you say, now that Henry is healthy he will make the gap between himself and Ridgeway evident.

The fact is we don't know if Ridgeway has shown enough.  You're judging it by a couple of dozens plays in a couple of preseason games, the coaches are basing it hundreds of plays + the preseason + meeting room + interaction with coaches.

But I can guarantee you, the 93rd pick in the 2015 draft who is coming off an injury is not going to take the 116th pick in the 2016 draft lightly.

23 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The fact is we don't know if Ridgeway has shown enough.  You're judging it by a couple of dozens plays in a couple of preseason games, the coaches are basing it hundreds of plays + the preseason + meeting room + interaction with coaches.

But I can guarantee you, the 93rd pick in the 2015 draft who is coming off an injury is not going to take the 116th pick in the 2016 draft lightly.

True professionals shouldn't take any rookie/new players lightly. With that said, it very likely won't be much of a competition. If somehow it is, then we hit the jackpot two years in a row and that's great. But so far, I don't see it, granted in limited snaps, but still, I saw it in Anderson very early on.

And as far as HA being the 93rd pick last year, that's irrelevant now. Just as it's irrelevant that TY Hilton was the 92nd pick in 2012. Both have proven to be much better, more valuable, than where they were drafted.

54 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

True professionals shouldn't take any rookie/new players lightly. With that said, it very likely won't be much of a competition. If somehow it is, then we hit the jackpot two years in a row and that's great. But so far, I don't see it, granted in limited snaps, but still, I saw it in Anderson very early on.

And as far as HA being the 93rd pick last year, that's irrelevant now. Just as it's irrelevant that TY Hilton was the 92nd pick in 2012. Both have proven to be much better, more valuable, than where they were drafted.

As far as his draft ranking, it is relevant, he was drafted 23 spots higher than Ridgeway, and frankly there is not a lot of difference in their play when comparing Anderson's 2nd preseason game to Ridgeway's.  Henry is a bit strong, Ridgeway is a bit quicker

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

As far as his draft ranking, it is relevant, he was drafted 23 spots higher than Ridgeway, and frankly there is not a lot of difference in their play when comparing Anderson's 2nd preseason game to Ridgeway's.  Henry is a bit strong, Ridgeway is a bit quicker

I disagree, but I hope you're right. If Ridgeway is half the player Anderson was as a rookie than he will have been a good pick.

6 hours ago, bleevit said:

Spoken like a man that has never been in boot camp. He's a classic old school gunnery sergeant.

I went through basic training, AIT, deployment etc and I find the guy hilarious Saving Silverman.  He was scary in FUll metal jacket.  He's an actor (a very good one) not a real drill sergeant.

It was my experience that the only time the drill sergeant got in your face and yelled was when you screwed up, so if that happened to you a lot, well maybe it's not the drill sergeant's fault.