Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense

Bbswatching

if we can get consistent pressure from the front four, our current secondary will be just fine

I believe we will be fine until the playoffs. We WILL face an elite QB in the playoffs, and I feel we will need 1 more corner to contend with the receivers. As good as Mathis and Freeney are, they can't get pressure on every play. The one play they don't, we could easily get burned.

I believe we will be fine until the playoffs. We WILL face an elite QB in the playoffs, and I feel we will need 1 more corner to contend with the receivers. As good as Mathis and Freeney are, they can't get pressure on every play. The one play they don't, we could easily get burned.

yeah, but i'm talking about potentially better play from the tackle position. we know what we have in freeney & mathis. give them some legitimate help in the middle & look out

I wouldn't want Bullitt at corner for more than a down. He's just not vertically fast enough. He's better off at safety. If we sign Whitner we're most likely done because we'll have used up all the cap room we want to before the season starts and we have to make a few injury signings...

if we can get consistent pressure from the front four, our current secondary will be just fine

Last year, the Jets WRs abused the Colts secondary in that playoff game. The fact Sanchez isnt a very good QB and missed alot of wide open WRs for big plays/TDS shouldn't be forgotten.

The score at the end made the game look closer than it really was. Had the Colts played vs a team with just an average QB, it'd have been ugly.

The Colts need a SS and CB in my eyes. I think they've done a nice job addressing issues at the first and second level, however the secondary remains less than robust. I believe the SS issue is a higher priority and Whitner is who they're after. I also believe once the SS issue is addressed, they'll calculate available cap space and work to sign another CB. At least I hope that's the plan.

Go COLTS! :coltshelmet: