LG-Mewhort(1)

C-Kelly Blyte(2)

RG-Thornton Haeg(2)

RT-Reitz Clark(2)

Offense-22

DE-Langford Ridgeway(2)

NT-Parry Kerr(2)

DT-Jones Anderson Mcgil(3)

OLB-Mathis Walden Cole Bates Maggitt Thompson(6)

ILB-Jackson Irving Moore Morrison Edwin Jackson(5)

CB-Davis Robinson Butler Smith Mitchel Brown(6)

S-Adams Geathers Green Guy(4)

Defense-28

K-Vinatieri

P-McaAfee

LS-Overton

KR-Bray

PR-Bray

ST-3

PS-Graf OT,Miller TE,Sylvestre LB, McClure S, Okine LB/DL, Herrera LB, O'brien G,Smith WR, Anthrop WR Williams CB

I'm sure Okine will make the final 53 with Bates going to the PS.

I don't think we carry 6 Corners....5

I think Mcnary gets cut

I think Varga makes the 53 if healthy and Ferguson goes to the PS

27 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I'm sure Okine will make the final 53 with Bates going to the PS.

I don't think we carry 6 Corners....5

I think Mcnary gets cut

I think Varga makes the 53 if healthy and Ferguson goes to the PS

We need all the pass rush help we can get and the coaches seem really high on Bates. Hes gotten first team reps

CBs especially ours always get hurt. 6 is a good number. I did replace mcnary with edwin jackson. I think hes gone too

I wanted to put varga on the team, but I couldnt fit him. gore and turbin do the same thing varga is good at. Ferguson gives us an extra weapon on third down. 

25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We need all the pass rush help we can get and the coaches seem really high on Bates. Hes gotten first team reps

CBs especially ours always get hurt. 6 is a good number. I did replace mcnary with edwin jackson. I think hes gone too

I wanted to put varga on the team, but I couldnt fit him. gore and turbin do the same thing varga is good at. Ferguson gives us an extra weapon on third down. 

Generally teams carry 4 running backs so there would be room for Varga.Not as many LBs are going to make it.  I don't see both Thompson and Maggit making it. One or the other. Call it a duel. Even add Bates in that mix with a leg up.

Just now, Buddy Lee said:

Generally teams carry 4 running backs so there would be room for Varga.Not as many LBs are going to make it.  I don't see both Thompson and Maggit making it. One or the other. Call it a duel. Even add Bates in that mix with a leg up.

I rather have as much pass rushers as possible so they get experience and they grow to be our core pass rushers of the future. Varga can go to the PS if you guys want him that bad

No one is sure when Maggitt is even going to play I think making the team might be premature. Okine makes it 

i think Slyvestre makes it. Harrison over Blythe I know that won't be popular. I just don't see 2 rookie C's and Blythe isn't playing G. 

I like it for the most part I'd watch out for Southward and Glover-Wright I don't think we keep Herrea around if we are playing the D they are talking about he doesn't have the speed 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

No one is sure when Maggitt is even going to play I think making the team might be premature. Okine makes it 

i think Slyvestre makes it. Harrison over Blythe I know that won't be popular. I just don't see 2 rookie C's and Blythe isn't playing G. 

I like it for the most part I'd watch out for Southward and Glover-Wright I don't think we keep Herrea around if we are playing the D they are talking about he doesn't have the speed 

watch maggit on TC. he'll be ready

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

watch maggit on TC. he'll be ready

I hope you are right but take a look at the numbers Maggitt put up in the SEC before the ACL tear and then before the hip injury. Those aren't UDFA type numbers in a league starved for pass rushers.

I hope you are right but it seems unlikely that no one took a late round flier on the guy if he's going to be back to a double digit sack pass rusher by camp. We will see I hope you have it right. We could use it. 

On 6/13/2016 at 8:47 PM, akcolt said:

I hope you are right but take a look at the numbers Maggitt put up in the SEC before the ACL tear and then before the hip injury. Those aren't UDFA type numbers in a league starved for pass rushers.

I hope you are right but it seems unlikely that no one took a late round flier on the guy if he's going to be back to a double digit sack pass rusher by camp. We will see I hope you have it right. We could use it. 

I don't think Maggitt needs to be back to a double-digit pass rusher by camp.  We have an aging Mathis and Cole who still have some in the tank -- I would imagine the plan with Maggitt (if he is healthy enough to play) will be to bring him along slowly while rotating with some of the other (older) guys.

On 6/13/2016 at 8:29 PM, akcolt said:

If Harrison makes the team our draft was pointless.... he needs to be gone... if he is just an injury away from starting or worse IS STARTING at RG, then our line has not improved nearly enough as he was the worst performing lineman on the team last year.   I'd much rather have kept the guy we cut if our talent is that bad. 

13 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I don't think Maggitt needs to be back to a double-digit pass rusher by camp.  We have an aging Mathis and Cole who still have some in the tank -- I would imagine the plan with Maggitt (if he is healthy enough to play) will be to bring him along slowly while rotating with some of the other (older) guys.

Are you saying Mathis is a double digit sack guy still?  Based on what?  His youth and health?

8 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Are you saying Mathis is a double digit sack guy still?  Based on what?  His youth and health?

I didn't say he is or that he isn't and based on what I wrote I don't know how in the world you made any assumptions on me predicting Mathis' sack total.

As CR91 points out -- Mathis had 7 sacks last year when he wasn't fully healthy and he seemed to be coming on towards the end of the season (which makes sense, since he was coming off major achilles surgery).  So, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that he'll be able to be over or at least around double digit sacks.

I'll break down what I wrote -- "I don't think Maggit needs to be back to a double-digit pass rusher by camp." In other words, I think Maggit can make this team or start on the PUP list without being his 14 sack self from the SEC.  "We have an aging Mathis and Cole who still have some in the tank" Mathis and Cole showed us last year that they are aging, but that they can still produce at least on a limited basis. -- "I would imagine the plan with Maggitt (if he is healthy enough to play) will be to bring him along slowly while rotating with some of the other (older) guys." - Mathis and Cole are aging and Maggit may not be fully healthy this year.  Based on my previous 2 sentences, I am saying I don't think Maggit needs to be back to a double digit sack guy (like he was in college before his injuries), because we have Mathis and Cole who should be able to perform, at least in rotational roles.  It doesn't make sense to expect Maggit to be a double digit sack guy this year, as he was an UDFA and he is coming off an injury that we don't seem to know the severity of -- there is no need to risk injury with him.  We can bring him along slowly and have him rotate with some of the other (older guys), who as I previously mentioned still have 'some in the tank' -- meaning, it might benefit them to rotate in and out of games to keep them healthy and productive.

I don't see anywhere in my post where I am doing anything to claim how many sacks Mathis will or won't have, nor do I even see where that could be assumed.  What I don't say in the post is, we did something very similar with Sio Moore and Nate Irving last year -- they were coming off injury and were not totally back to their former selves, but we kept them on the roster and used them sparingly in rotational roles to keep them healthy and in situations where they could either (1) help or (2) not be huge liabilities.  Maggit is young, and coming off injury.  If he isn't healthy, I'd say PUP him and give him a go next year -- if he is healthy enough to play, but maybe not conditioned enough to play significant amounts of snaps in 16 games, that is fine we have 2 older guys on the roster that could stand to benefit from rotating.  For Mathis' own personal legacy (and his HOF chances), I'd love to see him get over double digit sacks -- but from a fan's perspective, I really care more about total team sacks and would be just fine with Mathis, Cole and whatever young guy(s) (Bates, Maggit, Thompson) could accumulate over 25 sacks total from the rush linebacker position and wouldn't really care what the individual numbers broke down to.

2 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I didn't say he is or that he isn't and based on what I wrote I don't know how in the world you made any assumptions on me predicting Mathis' sack total.

As CR91 points out -- Mathis had 7 sacks last year when he wasn't fully healthy and he seemed to be coming on towards the end of the season (which makes sense, since he was coming off major achilles surgery).  So, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that he'll be able to be over or at least around double digit sacks.

I'll break down what I wrote -- "I don't think Maggit needs to be back to a double-digit pass rusher by camp." In other words, I think Maggit can make this team or start on the PUP list without being his 14 sack self from the SEC.  "We have an aging Mathis and Cole who still have some in the tank" Mathis and Cole showed us last year that they are aging, but that they can still produce at least on a limited basis. -- "I would imagine the plan with Maggitt (if he is healthy enough to play) will be to bring him along slowly while rotating with some of the other (older) guys." - Mathis and Cole are aging and Maggit may not be fully healthy this year.  Based on my previous 2 sentences, I am saying I don't think Maggit needs to be back to a double digit sack guy (like he was in college before his injuries), because we have Mathis and Cole who should be able to perform, at least in rotational roles.  It doesn't make sense to expect Maggit to be a double digit sack guy this year, as he was an UDFA and he is coming off an injury that we don't seem to know the severity of -- there is no need to risk injury with him.  We can bring him along slowly and have him rotate with some of the other (older guys), who as I previously mentioned still have 'some in the tank' -- meaning, it might benefit them to rotate in and out of games to keep them healthy and productive.

I don't see anywhere in my post where I am doing anything to claim how many sacks Mathis will or won't have, nor do I even see where that could be assumed.  What I don't say in the post is, we did something very similar with Sio Moore and Nate Irving last year -- they were coming off injury and were not totally back to their former selves, but we kept them on the roster and used them sparingly in rotational roles to keep them healthy and in situations where they could either (1) help or (2) not be huge liabilities.  Maggit is young, and coming off injury.  If he isn't healthy, I'd say PUP him and give him a go next year -- if he is healthy enough to play, but maybe not conditioned enough to play significant amounts of snaps in 16 games, that is fine we have 2 older guys on the roster that could stand to benefit from rotating.  For Mathis' own personal legacy (and his HOF chances), I'd love to see him get over double digit sacks -- but from a fan's perspective, I really care more about total team sacks and would be just fine with Mathis, Cole and whatever young guy(s) (Bates, Maggit, Thompson) could accumulate over 25 sacks total from the rush linebacker position and wouldn't really care what the individual numbers broke down to.

Mike, relax, if I misread what you said, I am sorry.  It seemed to me when I read the entire topic in context down the page that you thought he wouldn't get double digits to supplant Mathis's double digit potential. I ASKED the question with a question mark to clarify what you were saying, that isn't worthy of your hissy fit.  You could have simply said, NO, that is not what I meant and the question would have been answered.   Obviously based on your over reaction, that isn't what you meant, so no biggie.  Methinks you doth protest too much. 

QB: Luck, Tolzien (2)

RB: Gore, Turbin, Todman, Ferguson (4)

WR: Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Bray, Smith (5)

TE: Allen, Doyle, Swoope (3)

T: Castanzo, Clark, Reitz, Goode (4)

G: Thornton, Haeg, Mewhort, Harrison (4)

C: Kelly, Blythe (2)

DL: Anderson, Jones, Langford, Parry, Ridgeway, McGill, Kerr (7)

OLB: Cole, Mathis, Walden, Bates, Maggitt (5)

ILB: D. Jackson, Moore, Irving, Morrison, McNary (5)

CB: Davis, Robinson, Butler, Smith, Brown (5)

S: Adams, Geathers, Green, Southward (4)

P: Mcaffee (1)

K: Vinitari (1)

LS: Overton

On 6/13/2016 at 8:29 PM, akcolt said:

Harrison is kind of big and slow to be playing in a ZBS.  Blythe excelled at ZBS at Iowa.  

On top of that I think the coaching staff is plenty tired of Harrison's fumbling the snap problems that he seems to have at least once a game.  

I have them both making the team in mine but Harrison as a guard.  

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

QB: Luck, Tolzien (2)

RB: Gore, Turbin, Todman, Ferguson (4)

WR: Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Bray, Smith (5)

TE: Allen, Doyle, Swoope (3)

T: Castanzo, Clark, Reitz, Goode (4)

G: Thornton, Haeg, Mewhort, Harrison (4)

C: Kelly, Blythe (2)

DL: Anderson, Jones, Langford, Parry, Ridgeway, McGill, Kerr (7)

OLB: Cole, Mathis, Walden, Bates, Maggitt (5)

ILB: D. Jackson, Moore, Irving, Morrison, McNary (5)

CB: Davis, Robinson, Butler, Smith, Brown (5)

S: Adams, Geathers, Green, Southward (4)

P: Mcaffee (1)

K: Vinitari (1)

LS: Overton

I would be surprised if Todman and McNary makes the roster but who knows.

And I really hope one of these talented young corners beats out Brown. I do like Southward at S but he's a long shot also. 

The coaching staff really likes Thompson at OLB I think he makes the roster. 

12 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

And I really hope one of these talented young corners beats out Brown. I do like Southward at S but he's a long shot also. 

I think Jackson and Moore start and Morrison and Irving are enough backup.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, JPFolks said:

I ASKED the question with a question mark to clarify what you were saying, that isn't worthy of your hissy fit.  

Your "question" was dripping with condescension and sarcasm.  If your sole purpose was to clarify what he was saying, then the "based on what?  his youth and health?" portion was not necessary.

16 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

IDK about Todman.  

Robert Turbin YPC: 

2012: 4.4 on 80 attempts - Seattle

2013: 3.4 on 77 attempts - Seattle

2014: 4.2 on 74 attempts - Seattle

2015: 4.0 on 50 attempts - (2 teams) - Cleveland/Dallas - Mostly Dallas

Jordan Todman YPC:

2012 - 2.7 on 3 attempts Jacksonville

2013 - 3.4 on 76 attempts Jacksonville

2014 - 5.8 on 32 attempts Jacksonville

2015 - 5.5 on 4 attempts - Pitt

The last couple of years Todman has had some great YPC in very limited action.  Turbin has been kinda meh.  

I'm not sure that Turbin is as far ahead as people tend to think.