O...this week 1 game

BloodyChamp

O...this week 1 game  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Jags
    • Pack

Packers at Jaguars

Everybody says they're sold on the Jaguars so surely they can't go 0-1 at home right? People did finally wise up to the Packers this past season but are they really going to start this season with a loss to the Jags? The Packers do struggle in Florida...

What happens in week 1 usually stays in week 1 but I don't know if these 2 teams will exemplify that. The Pack have the Vikings and Lions next, then a bye week then the Giants so they'll probably win that one to. I know people are high on the Vikings to but it would just be to ideal for them to beat the Packers in week 2 and make things easier for the rest of the season. The NFC North just doesn't do that lol! Meanwhile we all know the Giants aren't the same for obvious reasons, but the media probably doesn't so we should be right on schedule to crown the Packers 19-0 by week 6 as always. The Jags have the Chargers, Ravens and Steelers next. That's pretty tough. 

For those that are superstitious, this so far has not been a good year for purple haze. Kobe retired, and losing Prince has been one of the most devastating things of the year. If I was superstitious, I'd argue this don't bold well for the purple NFL team sitting in the NFC North, whom everyone is high on right now. 

Green Bay has the easiest schedule going into next year. They get to play the two worst divisions in the NFL; the AFC South and the NFC East. If they can't at least get a 12-4 or 13-3 record with that schedule, then they deserve to go one and done at home in the playoffs. 

Bloody Champ is the Packers expert of this board and I trust his take here.

I've noticed Green Bay tends to struggle with the Giants ever since winning the SB in 2010. They've had some awful games where the Giants slaughter them, I'm curious when they come to that game in the season.  

5 hours ago, Bogie said:

For those that are superstitious, this so far has not been a good year for purple haze. Kobe retired, and losing Prince has been one of the most devastating things of the year. If I was superstitious, I'd argue this don't bold well for the purple NFL team sitting in the NFC North, whom everyone is high on right now. 

It's not the year for Purple at all. 

Packers should win the division this year easy. But, the original post says they struggle in Florida, thats news to me......

Pack better beat the Jags week 1 thats all I can say.......they aren't the Colts so the Jags won't be treating it like the Super Bowl hopefully either. But, the Pack are kinda like the old Manning Colts so maybe this is a worrisome game.....

4 minutes ago, CF4L said:

The Vikings are also purple but who's going to notice the difference with them.

Thats the point, purple is not having a good year so far. And likely that will continue until the year ends.

And I know some are going to say this is stooopid and blah blah but whatever, we else is there to talk about at times in May for the NFL.

37 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

It's true...they've lost to the Jags there before and the Buccs twice including when the Buccs were 0-8 lol! They only finally beat the Dolphins last year in that bizarre final drive.

I remember that Bucs game, that was from 2009. Tampa was 0-8 and they broke out the beautiful creamsicle orange throwbacks and went to town on them. If i remember correctly, GB had a 10 point lead early in that game and got blown out.

The Saints struggle with Tampa Bay the most out of their divisional opponents, they make me far more nervous than Carolina or Atlanta, since I've seen the damage they can do to us. 

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Thats the point, purple is not having a good year so far. And likely that will continue until the year ends.

And I know some are going to say this is stooopid and blah blah but whatever, we else is there to talk about at times in May for the NFL.

I would say the Vikings troubles began back in January when the purple rain came down on them with another "they should have won that!" that type playoff game, where they have a scapegoat to blame the loss on. They are the one team that can never admit defeat and give the other team credit, it's always some excuse (the kicker, bountygate, Gary Anderson, etc etc) 

It will be a lower scoring game than people think. If the Packers' O-line gives the O any kind of time, it is pretty much difficult to defend those back shoulder throws of Rodgers', IMO.

It took a while for the Jaguars' O to get things going. Typically, Ds start faster than Os but then, ever since the new CBA limited practices in pads, Os have started faster. Because it is a newer group of guys, the Jaguars' D will take a little more time to gel than the Packers' unit and that might make the difference, IMO.

Jaguars' best bet is to control time of possession with a run game.

This is the exact opposite of an icy playoff game in Lambeau.  This could be a hot, muggy game in Florida, where the Jags practiced and played during the offseason and preseason.  The Packers might go from a "50 degree summer" to a "90 degree fall" and could be more susceptible to the heat and humidity, and end up more fatigued by the 4th quarter.

I can see the Jags winning at home and Rodgers having to tell Packers fans to R-E-L-A-X again.

19 hours ago, Bogie said:

I would say the Vikings troubles began back in January when the purple rain came down on them with another "they should have won that!" that type playoff game, where they have a scapegoat to blame the loss on. They are the one team that can never admit defeat and give the other team credit, it's always some excuse (the kicker, bountygate, Gary Anderson, etc etc) 

You mean like the Saints who still blame Bountygate penalties for the shape they're in

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really? Kind of a Patriot fan mentality IMO.

Meh, I have known a lot of cool Pats fans......if they brag about rings so be it. It's what we all want in the end to be real......

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

True but crying and whining has grown into most peoples everyday lives so much it has become ridiculous.

Some fanbases whine more then others do easily. But, I am not sure I have ever seen a fanbase not have a real issue with some past games, a rule, another team or a ref etc. Same goes for the NBA fans I seen who analyze the officiating like an art form at times.

I used to whine quite a bit more then I do now, I let a lot of things slide more these days in football. 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, Jules said:

Meh, I have known a lot of cool Pats fans......if they brag about rings so be it. It's what we all want in the end to be real......

Wanting rings and bragging about in other teams forums is two different things?  I don't visit other teams forums because I don't feel the need to brag, boast or even go through the horse dung of dealing with the fans of other teams in their home forums. Just me I guess.