Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts opening day O-line

CR91

Every football analysts are linking Taylor Deckor with Colts.  I personally don't want colts to draft him. I think we need a C and RG than a RT.

If we can't get Ryan Kelly in the 1st rd, then I would like us to draft a pass rusher in the 1st and G and a C in the 2nd and 3rd rd.

Are you guys okay with Taylor Decker?

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Taylor will be a solid player but pass blocking should take some time for him, Run blocking should come along much quicker. though I tend to think that will not be great year 1 or maybe even year 2

Highlights I watch, he seems bit slow at the start. I think Good is a solid player and picking a RT in the 1st round over an obvious talent like Ryan Kelly seems like a waste to me.

32 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Who did we draft in 2011?

But your point is well taken.   

casto and ijalana, like I said draft picks are rare to come in and start on the o-line, a few make it and a lot go bye bye, imo trade the pick for a proven talent

On 4/24/2016 at 7:23 PM, COLTS449 said:

Hopefully we get a guard in the 2nd and a gem Center in the 4th or so who comes in, plays well, and starts 16 games.

Castanzo-Mewhort-Boehm-Westerman-Good

Best case scenario is Boehm and Westerman comes in and balls out, while Denzel Good beats out Reitz and gets better and better and turns into a really solid starting RT.

Oh, baby.  That would be a nice line.  

20 minutes ago, get an 0-line said:

casto and ijalana, like I said draft picks are rare to come in and start on the o-line, a few make it and a lot go bye bye, imo trade the pick for a proven talent

No, I get your point. AC started day one and Big Ben was a bust.  Who's the young proven talent you want to trade for?  

I'm not saying it's a bad idea.  Probably not popular here though.

I'm more worried about our run game...that is the more concerning problem. If we fix that the pass protection will fix itself imo. Luck got hurt scrambling and holding the ball too long....the pass protection needs to be better but a much improved run game will slow the defense and if luck can speed up his processing the defense we can be just fine. Let's fix the run game...and whatever we need to do to accomplish that I will be fine with...keep the defense fresh too.

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

No, I get your point. AC started day one and Big Ben was a bust.  Who's the young proven talent you want to trade for?  

Good proven OL play is way way down...nobody is just going to trade that away....yep we aren't going to just be gifted that...we need to build it.

44 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

don't know of a name, but some team may be able to part with  one if they can  move up in the draft for a skill player. that is how we got davis and it may work for us again. I want players who can help us next season not down the road. draft picks are fine if we have a current starter who is getting old like mathis, we can bring the pick along slow

1 hour ago, get an 0-line said:

don't know of a name, but some team may be able to part with  one if they can  move up in the draft for a skill player. that is how we got davis and it may work for us again. I want players who can help us next season not down the road. draft picks are fine if we have a current starter who is getting old like mathis, we can bring the pick along slow

I can think of a couple of names.  Dallas: Zack Martin or Travis Frederick or La'el Collins.  Dallas going for a QB. Cleveland: Cameron Irving and also going for a QB.   All of these players are young starters on the OL ad both teams could be in the market for a QB at 18.  Long shots I know but you can never underestimate what these teams might do to get a player they really want. 

59 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can think of a couple of names.  Dallas: Zack Martin or Travis Frederick or La'el Collins.  Dallas going for a QB. Cleveland: Cameron Irving and also going for a QB.   All of these players are young starters on the OL ad both teams could be in the market for a QB at 18.  Long shots I know but you can never underestimate what these teams might do to get a player they really want. 

good post

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He's a way better guard just play him there and fix that spot finally and take Allen Martin or Seaumalo (spelling)

I'm cool with whatever as long as Harrison or Holmes isn't starting at guard next year and I don't have to spend two seasons trying to overhaul the colts line in madden...

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'm more worried about our run game...that is the more concerning problem. If we fix that the pass protection will fix itself imo. Luck got hurt scrambling and holding the ball too long....the pass protection needs to be better but a much improved run game will slow the defense and if luck can speed up his processing the defense we can be just fine. Let's fix the run game...and whatever we need to do to accomplish that I will be fine with...keep the defense fresh too.

Yes, I'm not really blaming Andrew here, but I hope Chud will help Chewy process his reads faster now that our OC has full rein of the offense. I'm also curious to see if Joe Philbin can create better running lanes for Gore too. I'm hopeful Joe's coaching will improve our ball movement on the ground better than any prospect we draft in a couple of days. 

I just want our QB to remember that he doesn't need to throw long bombs into the end zone on every down. Intermediate passes to Doyle & Allen can be just as vital keeping drives alive. I always remember that Shannon Sharpe was instrumental in getting Elway & Dilfer SB rings. Luck needs to keep that in mind. INDY doesn't lean on our TEs enough IMO. 

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Yes, I'm not really blaming Andrew here, but I hope Chud will help Chewy process his reads faster now that our OC has full rein of the offense. I'm also curious to see if Joe Philbin can create better running lanes for Gore too. I'm hopeful Joe's coaching will improve our ball movement on the ground better than any prospect we draft in a couple of days. 

I just want our QB to remember that he doesn't need to throw long bombs into the end zone on every down. Intermediate passes to Doyle & Allen can be just as vital keeping drives alive. I always remember that Shannon Sharpe was instrumental in getting Elway & Dilfer SB rings. Luck needs to keep that in mind. INDY doesn't lean on our TEs enough IMO. 

I think this was the point where we really saw great qbs start to really take off. Guys like Peyton, Tom, Rodgers, etc really start to sky rocket after they had 3 or 4 years in the league. Its time for Andrew to take that next step in his progression. Figure it out if you will. He has all the TALENT in the world but if he doesn't start putting it all together up top while getting that mega salary he is set to get we might never reach our true potential. Doesn't mean we won't lose games etc but I think he should be at that stage in the game where he can diagnose whats going on before and after the snap at a higher level.

I agree...I'm most excited with the coaching changes. I think there is more talent and ability on this roster that is being untapped. Maybe we have the answers right here and it just takes the right schemes coaching to bring it out and save us draft picks and free agents.

I think the starting OL on Game Day will be the following:

Left Tackle       Taylor Decker

Left Guard       Taylor Decker

Center              Ryan Kelly

Right Guard     Taylor Decker

Right Tackle      Taylor Decker

TE                     Dwayne Allen

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I think the starting OL on Game Day will be the following:

Left Tackle       Taylor Decker

Left Guard       Taylor Decker

Center              Ryan Kelly

Right Guard     Taylor Decker

Right Tackle      Taylor Decker

TE                     Dwayne Allen

Decker can't play center?

Ideally, we will take 2 offensive linemen in this draft. Personally I wouldn't mind either Ryan Kelly in the 1st or Nick Martin in the 2nd. I really like Joe Dahl from Washington State. I think he would be a great 3rd round pick if available. 

LT - Anthony Castonzo

LG - Jack Mewhort

C - Ryan Kelly

RG - Joe Dahl

RT - Denzelle Good 

On 4/26/2016 at 10:51 PM, richard pallo said:

I would trade the 18th pick for Zack Martin in a heartbeat. I doubt Payton Lynch is available at #18 though, and I doubt Dallas would make that trade. 

I am not that high on Cameron Irving personally. I prefer Ryan Kelly. I would consider trading #18 to the Browns for Joel Bitonio and a draft pick though. 

45 minutes ago, Manning1887 said:

I would trade the 18th pick for Zack Martin in a heartbeat. I doubt Payton Lynch is available at #18 though, and I doubt Dallas would make that trade. 

I am not that high on Cameron Irving personally. I prefer Ryan Kelly. I would consider trading #18 to the Browns for Joel Bitonio and a draft pick though. 

I like Bitonio as well.  I couldn't think of his name when I typed the post.  I would also trade the 18th for him and a pick. 

I agree with the premium put on pass rush and it being a passing league. I don't really agree on passing up a cog in the middle of your offensive line for the next 15 years just because he's a center. You could trade back and possibly get him but I wouldn't take a chance. I just personally believe Kelly is worth the 18th pick. I would spend the first two picks on the the line and go defense later. 

LT-AC

LG- Mewhort

C-Kelly

RG-Martin

RT-Good

On April 25, 2016 at 7:50 PM, colts2dasuperbowl said:

Every football analysts are linking Taylor Deckor with Colts.  I personally don't want colts to draft him. I think we need a C and RG than a RT.

If we can't get Ryan Kelly in the 1st rd, then I would like us to draft a pass rusher in the 1st and G and a C in the 2nd and 3rd rd.

Are you guys okay with Taylor Decker?

I'd be fine with Taylor Decker. I think I'd consider moving Reitz in to RG if we picked him.

On 4/27/2016 at 1:46 PM, Shane3776 said:

I agree with the premium put on pass rush and it being a passing league. I don't really agree on passing up a cog in the middle of your offensive line for the next 15 years just because he's a center. You could trade back and possibly get him but I wouldn't take a chance. I just personally believe Kelly is worth the 18th pick. I would spend the first two picks on the the line and go defense later. 

LT-AC

LG- Mewhort

C-Kelly

RG-Martin

RT-Good

Totally agree; anchor the line and protect Andrew.  O stats will go up.

I think they can get a decent OLB/Rush in the third and a safety or DL in the fourth.