Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Janoris Jenkins Signs with...... the NYG

.....   and Jenkins gets....   (drumroll...)    5/62.5!     That's 12.5 per year!

Jenkins was said to be looking for 5/60....    which likely means he got multiple offers of 5/60 and to break the tie,  the Giants put in another 500k per year.

I don't know if we offered,   but we never had a chance....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000642581/article/janoris-jenkins-to-sign-with-new-york-giants

The market is an overpriced market, helps us make sense of the Dwayne Allen contract now.

It is also the reason why Brock Osweiler is not taking the $15 mil. per year he is getting. The minimum spending on top of the cap makes contracts fatter than they should be.

39 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

That's a lot of money to pay someone with a history of injuries if you're going to depend on him to be your #1 CB

But he's averaging 15games played a year for his career. Am I missing something? + he's consistently played at a high level for at least the last 2.5 years so it's not like he's had nagging injuries affect his play. 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

But he's averaging 15games played a year for his career. Am I missing something? + he's consistently played at a high level for at least the last 2.5 years so it's not like he's had nagging injuries affect his play. 

Yep, agree.

Revis gets paid an average of $16 mil. a year and this is not close to Revis territory. Sherman signed a 4 year $56 mil. extension, and this is not close to that.

It is absolutely on par with market value.