Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brock a Texan?

Nesjan3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

If you understand that then why take this position?  That is the going rate of what a middle-of-the-road NFL QB gets paid.

Bradford's deal is decent for both sides.  Bradford gets paid commiserate with what his caliber starting NFL QB's get and the Eagles can get out of it after only 2 years.

just because I understand doesnt mean I support it. the play of the individual should be what reflects his compensation not the position he plays

If you understand that then why take this position?  That is the going rate of what a middle-of-the-road NFL QB gets paid.

Bradford's deal is decent for both sides.  Bradford gets paid commiserate with what his caliber starting NFL QB's get and the Eagles can get out of it after only 2 years.

just because I understand doesnt mean I support it. the play of the individual should be what reflects his compensation not the position he plays

Meanwhile, back on planet earth

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

ok I get thats not how the world works, but it should be. I grew up with the mindset hardwork gets the greatest reward and I believe when its not the case

If I'm Brock..I'm in the cab right now racing to Bronco headquarters to sign that $15 mil deal to coach a Super Bowl team.....

......Brock has his flaws but he didn't appear to lack intelligence..

No young QB is in a more perfect situation than Brock is now in Denver..

Peyton 'trained him'..Kubiak trusted him

.....and  Elway's $15 mil per year deal is on the table.

Sign it Brock....you don't want to end up in Cleveland

ok I get thats not how the world works, but it should be. I grew up with the mindset hardwork gets the greatest reward and I believe when its not the case

Oh Dear God - who cares? Completely meaningless to today's NFL.

8 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I would love to see RG here myself, but it that ends up being the case, we have to address the line in free agency and even the draft. Have some guys compete and get the best ones out there. 

And yeah, that rookie contract is always a blessing for teams looking to win early with a capable young QB. I have seen a mock where one of the stud safeties in the draft is selected by the Vikes. But having a savvy and experienced player like Iloka or maybe even Weddle would probably be preferable.

All colts fans hope RG is your qb next year too

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

That is not what a single NFL GM would think at this stage of their respective careers.  NOT A SINGLE ONE.

An the point is moot with the news that Manning will retire tomorrow.

with Peyton retired, your poll of all 32 NFL GMs is correct

That is not what a single NFL GM would think at this stage of their respective careers.  NOT A SINGLE ONE.

An the point is moot with the news that Manning will retire tomorrow.

with Peyton retired, your poll of all 32 NFL GMs is correct

It was true as of yesterday.

11 hours ago, 19colt said:

Wasn't it Kubiak that didn't want Manning? After this year in Denver I can see why. Kubiak won't change his system too much, even for the GOAT. 

I'm not sure, but if an owner wants a player, then the call is his, not the head coach's. You are right in that Kubiak will not change his play calling lol.

50 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah, then they can have at least a tangible reason to hate him. 

media is the reason we dont like him.  its not fair to Rg3 but the constant comparisons and debates eventually lead many of us to not like the guy when he has never done anything to us.  also we say luck is better so it makes us look right if RG3 fails

journalists do similar things just look at skip bayless, he wants andrew luck to fail just so he can be right

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

media is the reason we dont like him.  its not fair to Rg3 but the constant comparisons and debates eventually lead many of us to not like the guy when he has never done anything to us.  

journalists do similar things just look at skip bayless, he wants andrew luck to fail just so he can be right

Meh. I don't let the media form many of my opinions, because they can twist whatever they like. I think Skip says and does outrageous things just for views...I'm not sure how much of what he says he actually believe lol. 

Just now, QwizBoy said:

Meh. I don't let the media form many of my opinions, because they can twist whatever they like. I think Skip says and does outrageous things just for views...I'm not sure how much of what he says he actually believe lol. 

well the media is just the instigator, its the "discussion" with other posters that goes sour

have enough arguments with seahawks and redskins fans and we end up not liking wilson or RG3 very much even if they are good/great players and nice guys off the field

38 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

well the media is just the instigator, its the "discussion" with other posters that goes sour

have enough arguments with seahawks and redskins fans and we end up not liking wilson or RG3 very much even if they are good/great players and nice guys off the field

I know what you mean. 

On 3/6/2016 at 8:25 PM, Nesjan3 said:

because as someone stated above you are worth what the market will pay him, watch when wednesday rolls around and the Brown Texans and Rams will probably be offering upwards of 18 mil the same Bradford and Cousins got, and one can argue he is just as good as those two plus younger with more potential..

Anyone who thinks Brock is anywhere near Cousin's level is a fool. Their talent levels arent even on the same planet. 

36 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Anyone who thinks Brock is anywhere near Cousin's level is a fool. Their talent levels arent even on the same planet. 

how can you even make that assumption omg there not on the same planet!! do you even remember when cousins stunk up the place in washington and got benched twice before this year, his one good year. Brock has started 7 games in the NFL and it is very much unknown what he can do. I vote your post for top 10 ridiculous of the offseason for sure, unless your like secretly an nfl scout or something 

9 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

how can you even make that assumption omg there not on the same planet!! do you even remember when cousins stunk up the place in washington and got benched twice before this year, his one good year. Brock has started 7 games in the NFL and it is very much unknown what he can do. I vote your post for top 10 ridiculous of the offseason for sure, unless your like secretly an nfl scout or something 

Last season was last season. At some point good players start to play good. It took a lot of kicks in the butt but Cousins played great this year considering his team. Highest completion percentage in the league is nothing to laugh at. Brock is very unknown, I agree. You could even say he's like last year's Cousins because he makes plenty of errors and is basically a rookie. Hence, in my opinion, the talent disparity. Also you cannot downplay the difference in roster both offensive and defensive between both of them.

On 3/6/2016 at 9:59 AM, CR91 said:

That's just not the way the world works...if you work at McDonalds...the guys who flip the burgers don't make as much, and can't, as the assistant manager.  The assistant manager doesn't make as much as the General manager and so on.  

No matter where you work, your position is going to determine what your pay range is and your individual performance determines where, in that range, your pay will actually fall.

3 hours ago, Jason_S said:

That's just not the way the world works...if you work at McDonalds...the guys who flip the burgers don't make as much, and can't, as the assistant manager.  The assistant manager doesn't make as much as the General manager and so on.  

No matter where you work, your position is going to determine what your pay range is and your individual performance determines where, in that range, your pay will actually fall.

So you think guys like Bradford and brock are worth 18m

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If you don't have a qb,  you have to pay big money to get one.  I don't think brock is worth 18 million,   but the Texans do

Chase Daniels just got 21m. Chase freakin Daniels 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

The player themselve regret less of position. 

It just doesn't work that way, so what's the point in asking or answering that question.  As I said before, the position (in this case, QB) determines the pay range available to the individual, and the individual's personal effort/talent/commitment/etc determine where, in that previously determined range, his actual salary will fall.

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

It just doesn't work that way, so what's the point in asking or answering that question.  As I said before, the position (in this case, QB) determines the pay range available to the individual, and the individual's personal effort/talent/commitment/etc determine where, in that previously determined range, his actual salary will fall.

Michael Bennett is correct. NFL rewards mediocrity when it comes to qbs

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Apparently he impressed doug peterson while he was in KC.

Are you seriously trading to convince me he's worth that much money

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's because they're are alot more guys that play his position than can play qb.  Ever heard of supply and demand

Apparently the demand for crap is big