Damon Harrison DT

Draft:

R1 Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson

R2 Scooby Wright III ILB Arizona

R3 Christian Westerman OG Arizona State

R4 Paul Perkins RB UCLA

R5 Jayron Kearse SS Clemson

R7  Vernon Adams QB Oregon

Nice effort....   but as Shive says....    gotta get some pass rush....

Also,  it's doubtful that we can afford Mack,  and I'd really, really love to sign him.    But he appears to be looking for many more $$$$ than the Colts can afford....

Wish it wasn't so.....

I'm not a fan of signing Mack. I don't want to spend the kind of money he's going to want on a 30 year old center. We'd be much better off drafting someone that could be the starter for the next 10 years. And as others have said, we need to add good players at OLB, especially if we're going to cut Cole and Werner. 

10 hours ago, Booker23 said:

As I said last time, I'm not a cap guru

Re-Sign:

Andrew Luck QB

Jerrell Freeman ILB

Coby Fleener TE

Adam Vinatieri

Jack Doyle TE

Cuts:

Andre Johnson

Trent Cole

Bjeorn Werner

DQ Jackson

Darius Butler

Free Agency:

Alex Mack C

Tashaun Gipson FS

Damon Harrison DT

Draft:

R1 Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson

R2 Scooby Wright III ILB Arizona

R3 Christian Westerman OG Arizona State

R4 Paul Perkins RB UCLA

R5 Jayron Kearse SS Clemson

R7  Vernon Adams QB Oregon

Scooby had 2 left feet in the drills.
 I wouldn`t bother putting him on my board. There has to be many better choices.

Again...Lol. Gotta address the pass rush. I think people may be surprised how many EDGE rushers we'll bring in this offseason. I think we'll probably sign 1 and draft 1 at the very least. But I think we'll sign 1 and draft 2. I think we'll get one of the small school kids in the latter rounds. Like Judon. I really like him.

Seeing as everyone else has mentioned the pass rush, I will tackle the other elephant in the room. Who's playing cb for us in this situation? is it really smart to cut Butler for two unproven players? assuming you think Smith should step up, what has he shown that makes you think he's ready? He came from a cover two system into a man coverage system, that's not an easy transition.  Lots of prominent CBs in the NFL have trouble making that switch. Our secondary has been a strength,  why turn it into a weakness? 

Also I'm not sold on any of the free agents you want, and I'm not even sure we can afford all of them.... 

13 hours ago, Shive said:

So no pass rush at all? I know Scooby is versitle, but we've only got Mathis & Walden at OLB after you cut Werner & Cole and thats definitely not happening.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice effort....   but as Shive says....    gotta get some pass rush....

Also,  it's doubtful that we can afford Mack,  and I'd really, really love to sign him.    But he appears to be looking for many more $$$$ than the Colts can afford....

Wish it wasn't so.....

If Mack wants money over winning, what would you think about bringing in Bruce Irvin and Courtney Upshaw?

1 hour ago, Booker23 said:

If Mack wants money over winning, what would you think about bringing in Bruce Irvin and Courtney Upshaw?

I'd love Irvin,  but I read last night that the market for Irvin might be 10-11 mill per year.    That'll be too much.

And Upshaw?     I don't know if he's a starter or back-up?     He plays,  but does he have much impact?