Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver shouldn't host the season opener...that is what this guy says

chad72

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/super-bowl-50-denver-broncos-shouldnt-host-2016-nfl-season-opener-021016

I thought it was Chevy Chase writing it, it is yet another Chris Chase article disaster :)

Well, that is someone I never need to read again.  It is NOTHING but CLICK BAIT folks.. don't bother.  He uses no rationale that makes sense.  

First off, his premise that both Carolina and New England are too good of game to waste on the opener defeats his own argument where he "feigns" fear that 24 million people won't want to watch some of the dogs on Denver's schedule.  I mean if you were really worried that people desperately starved for NFL games wouldn't turn out for even the worst imaginable matchup is silly, let alone any game involving Denver and that defense.  If he REALLY worried about ratings, then no better time than the opener to see Carolina and Denver match up again.  (I don't think it is often they are lucky enough to have available to them a rematch game to kick off the season, that game seems like a total no brainer to me).  Let's face it, I don't think either of those teams live up to last year so kicking off with them is the most surefire payoff of that matchup, before anyone sees if Carolina steps back or Osweiler flops as the full time starter.   He actually predicted the Colts would be the game, but no way they make a team play the HOF game, an early London game AND the kick-off game... that just wouldn't be fair.  

So if you want to participate in CLICK BAIT, go ahead and waste the time, but I hope I wasted my time so you don't have to.  

1 minute ago, Thewholefnshow28 said:

Wait this guy is afraid that fans will not turn in for the first meaningful game of the NFL season?  Does he even fallow the NFL?  As jvan said, you could put the Browns and Lions out there for the first game and it would get huge ratings.

He thinks New England, or Carolina, or Seattle would be a bigger audience. :dunno:

18 minutes ago, Thewholefnshow28 said:

Wait this guy is afraid that fans will not turn in for the first meaningful game of the NFL season?  Does he even fallow the NFL?  As jvan said, you could put the Browns and Lions out there for the first game and it would get huge ratings.

Exactly...we'll all be so hard up for real football that it won't matter who is playing.  Ratings will be big.

Denver won the Super Bowl and they earned the right to have the biggest party of opening week.  End of discussion.