Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

brock osweiler

bap1331

2 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

@dynasty13  on the flip side we have a 5 time league MVP, who was hurt most of the season.  He's been fine the past 3 weeks.  I know you all said he couldn't throw TD's anymore and then he threw 2  against your team . I know you all said he was a turnover machine, and yet, no turnovers on  him this playoff season at all.

I think alot is going to depend on Denver's defense and if they can continue as they have all year. If so, it will be a close game.

Call him a game manager if you want.  He managed the game against the Pats just fine. 

hqdefault.jpg

34 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Some people fail to see that the team scored on all 4 drives after Peyton came in the game.  

Just because HE didn't throw the "winning TD"   does not mean he wasn't instrumental in the Win.  I agree with you  that he was Very Instrumental in  that Win.

I think he had one 3 and out when it was tied in teh mid 4th, which wasn't a big deal.  Could've been, but wasn't because defense held up and forced a 3rd down interception (not to mention the very next play was a Broncos TD).  

The bottom line is, with as anemic as the offense was before Manning stepped on the field that game, Manning injected life into it, and anyone with a pair of eyes could see it was a different offense out there.  Listen to some people about that game and you'd have thought you were describing the wrong game or something.  

10 hours ago, bap1331 said:

No one is talking about him. If peyton doesn't score in the first half, do you think osweiler will replace him? It's the super bowl and can't take the risk of blowouts. 

It would be a good idea I believe because the panthers prepared for peyton, not osweiler, it would have Carolina pooping in their pants.

This question has been asked the last 2 weeks.....nothing's changed..

You have to play Peyton...

I don't think Carolina is scared of Brock

5 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

I love how people say Peyton 'rescued' the Broncos. That's revisionist history at its best!

People forget...Denver was WINNING....then CJ Anderson fumbles in San Diego territory, Chargers go 30-something yards to score and Brock never sees the field again.

SD- 13, Denver 7 when Peyton entered the game...that is only winning in troll world

6 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I do not think that Andrew Luck should ever even be mentioned in a post with Peyton Manning. So far, he has shown nothing that indicates that he is any better now than when he arrived from Stanford. I look for more regression from him and I think he has taken and will take enough punishment to have a very short career. I hope I am wrong about all of that but I doubt that I am. I am just not sold on Andrew Luck as many seem to be.

You don't think Luck and Manning should ever be mentioned in the same post? I ask you earlier what planet are you from? For your information Luck has more yardage, wins and TDs as did Manning at the beginning of their careers. I guess your football comprehension is lacking.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

This question has been asked the last 2 weeks.....nothing's changed..

You have to play Peyton...

I don't think Carolina is scared of Brock

With a 15-1 record and a pounding of the Cardinals somehow I don't think Carolina are scared of anyone. :dunno:

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To be blunt Patriots fans are crushed that Tommy lost to Peyton Dilfer when Tommy had his full receiving core in Gronk, Edleman, Amendola so they are looking for anything like HGH, or if he wins he was nothing but a game manager, etc.. Blah blah blah. I knew Denver and Peyton would be here. I wish the hell I could've bet on these games in Vegas but I don't gamble :-)

It really has nothing to do with that. I can't speak for whatever you're reading at other forums...but here it is just a question that was worthy of discussion. But again, YOU are the one who has called him a game manager....YOU are the one carrying this 'Peyton Dilfer' thing around with you....that isn't coming from Patriots fans. And just so you know, the hgh thing isn't over ;)

Sure we're bummed we lost...but I'm rooting for Denver and Peyton on Sunday so where is my motivation for talking the way I'm being accused of? I think I've been pretty objective about this whole thing and remember, I was the only one who even showed up to talk about the game after it was over. I DO think that people are giving Peyton a little bit too much credit...but you know what? You're fans, that's what we do and there's nothing wrong with that. Patriots fans do the same for Brady when he's not at his best either. I just wish we could have a difference of opinion without people automatically assuming or jumping to the conclusion that I have some hidden motive to bring him down and undermine him. I'm forming my opinion simply based on what I'm watching...without having preconceived notions cloud my objectivity. 

2 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

It really has nothing to do with that. I can't speak for whatever you're reading at other forums...but here it is just a question that was worthy of discussion. But again, YOU are the one who has called him a game manager....YOU are the one carrying this 'Peyton Dilfer' thing around with you....that isn't coming from Patriots fans. And just so you know, the hgh thing isn't over ;)

Sure we're bummed we lost...but I'm rooting for Denver and Peyton on Sunday so where is my motivation for talking the way I'm being accused of? I think I've been pretty objective about this whole thing and remember, I was the only one who even showed up to talk about the game after it was over. I DO think that people are giving Peyton a little bit too much credit...but you know what? You're fans, that's what we do and there's nothing wrong with that. Patriots fans do the same for Brady when he's not at his best either. I just wish we could have a difference of opinion without people automatically assuming or jumping to the conclusion that I have some hidden motive to bring him down and undermine him. I'm forming my opinion simply based on what I'm watching...without having preconceived notions cloud my objectivity. 

The HGH thing isn't over? Bout the same as the deflate thing isn't over either. That court date is set for March. As far as this thread you have been pretty heavy in it for someone who don't want to seem negative.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The HGH thing isn't over? Bout the same as the deflate thing isn't over either. That court date is set for March. As far as this thread you have been pretty heavy in it for someone who don't want to seem negative.

Sometimes being realistic IS, in fact, negative. There's a difference between saying he's been fine and has done enough to win...and then being a Peyton Manning cheerleader. I am not the latter and don't find any issue with talking about the guy realistically. 

About the HGH thing...do I care about it? Not really. But i WILL say that if we were allowed to talk about it here even a fraction of the amount the Deflategate was discussed, there would be a lot of details about it that many people probably arent even aware of and the NFL is investigating. I'll leave it at that and I have no desire to try and tarnish anything about Peyton...in my mind it's just all about consistency of coverage and that's been lacking from the start. Do I want there to be something to the story? No...i dont. But I also don't think people should just be shaking it off as nothing just because he said it's nothing. In the end probably nothing will come from it and that's good...but it IS worth taking seriously based on how the NFL tends to handle other situations.

2 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Sometimes being realistic IS, in fact, negative. There's a difference between saying he's been fine and has done enough to win...and then being a Peyton Manning cheerleader. I am not the latter and don't find any issue with talking about the guy realistically. 

About the HGH thing...do I care about it? Not really. But i WILL say that if we were allowed to talk about it here even a fraction of the amount the Deflategate was discussed, there would be a lot of details about it that many people probably arent even aware of and the NFL is investigating. I'll leave it at that and I have no desire to try and tarnish anything about Peyton...in my mind it's just all about consistency of coverage and that's been lacking from the start. Do I want there to be something to the story? No...i dont. But I also don't think people should just be shaking it off as nothing just because he said it's nothing. In the end probably nothing will come from it and that's good...but it IS worth taking seriously based on how the NFL tends to handle other situations.

Now you want to compare the HGH and deflategate and the coverage of the two? The "coverage" of deflategate was magnified because of the history of the Patriots. When you earn the disrespect of the NFL and a lot of fans it comes with the territory.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now you want to compare the HGH and deflategate and the coverage of the two? The "coverage" of deflategate was magnified because of the history of the Patriots. When you earn the disrespect of the NFL and a lot of fans it comes with the territory.

The coverage of deflategate was magnified because false information was taken as truth right at the very beginning and that formed the narrative. That's it...period.

If espn tweeted out "NFL has found that Peyton Manning had HGH shipped to his house" then this story would have taken off just like deflategate did when they reported that 11 of the 12 footballs were 2 pounds under. There's no denying the damage that can be done by incorrect reporting and the wolves came out the second that was posted.

I don't want to talk about it because our posts will get deleted and the thread will be closed...but please...lets not be naive about the process here.

1 hour ago, dynasty13 said:

For the Record:   Brock's contributions have NOT gone un-noticed.

"We wouldn’t be here without Brock and we wouldn’t be here without Peyton," Executive Vice President/General Manager John Elway said. "It’s been a great combination of both."

"Brock Osweiler [did] an awesome job during the time that he was in there," added Manning. "We wouldn’t be here without him and the games that he played and helped us win."

On February 1, 2016 at 0:37 PM, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

What if Cam doesn't score in the first half? Do they take him out?

That's different, cam is young. Peytons arm has been diminishing since he was with the broncos. We saw his wobbly balls and I have no idea how he scored 55 tds

20 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

Mediocre? What osweiler have you been watching? He took down the patriots remember?

Yes, Brock is a mediocre QB. I watched him, he had to settle for field goals all of the time. He was nothing special and Elway knows damn well he isn't their QB of the future. He may be the QB for next year but they will be looking.

1 hour ago, bap1331 said:

Mediocre? What osweiler have you been watching? He took down the patriots remember?

I would say CJ Anderson did more to win that game than Osweiler did. Plus a guy who is 6'8" and gets balls batted down at the line of scrimmage is pretty sad