Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curtis "the House" Painter Top 10

Phil J

since he will almost certainly not be on the roster next year, I thought it would be appropriate to remember his top 10 plays. He did have at least that many great throws this year.

Anyone remember any of them? I had a tendency to drink more during that span, so my memory isn't as clear. Also, this is a serious post not meant to be vindictive at all. He did make some nice plays happen, and we should collect them if we can. :thmsup:

Beautiful 37 yard pass down the right sideline to Garon against the Chiefs - dropped it in where only he could grab it. Actually many highlights in that game - on way to building a 24-7 lead. And this was on the heels of several highlights in the Steelers game - coming in cold against one of the best teams in the league and leading a game tying TD drive.

Painter did a lot of things right early on - a defense that couldn't get off the field in the second half lost a few games. It was only after having the oline (patchwork to begin with) ripped apart by injuries, and losing his mind in the debacle in New Orleans that he regressed to the old "pre-season" Painter that fans had long since grown to dislike. Pretty sad actually. I've never doubted that when his head is attached straight he offers a lot more than Orlovsky does.

Of course having your head attached straight is kind of important to a quarterback.

This is kinda embarrassing for me. I really got behind the kid and he crapped the bed.

Me too. I really wanted Painter to get a chance.... and then... after a few games.... I found myself thinking - "heck, I can a better job than that and I'll do it for half the money and I bet I can do it without spilling a drop of my beer".

Very disappointing