Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavins Mock 1.0

1.Leonard Floyd-OLB/ILB Georgia......Alternate Deforest Buckner D Lineman Oregon...Alternate Jack Allen D Lineman Alabama...Alternate Shaq Lawson OLB Clemson

2.Taylor Decker-OT Ohio State..This might be a bit to much asking him to fall this far in which case...Alternate Corey Coleman WR Baylor..Alternate Noah Spence DE/OLB

3.Evan Boehm-C Missouri offense was primarily out of the shotgun but he shows the power and tenacity needed out a Center with enough mobility to play in a Zone scheme or Man. 52 straight starts to his credit...Alternate Kamalei Correa OLB Boise State..... Eli Apple Corner Ohio State

4.Zack Sanchez-Corner Oklahoma...Ian Seau OLB Nevada

That's all I got right now

5 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I don't think Decker is going to be available at 49. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Eli Apple sneak into the 1st round. 

What are your thoughts on taking a WR in the 2nd round? (in particularly Coleman). Also have you watched any of Evan Boehm? He doesn't appear to have heavy hands but he certainly has the raw power to drive a NT off the LOS that I think is needed at Center if we continue to run between the Tackles as much as we have. I thought he had decent agility for a man his size (320lbs)

Just now, Gavin said:

What are your thoughts on taking a WR in the 2nd round? (in particularly Coleman). Also have you watched any of Evan Boehm? He doesn't appear to have heavy hands but he certainly has the raw power to drive a NT off the LOS that I think is needed at Center if we continue to run between the Tackles as much as we have. I thought he had decent agility for a man his size (320lbs)

I don't expect us to take a WR, so I haven't watched any at all. The only way I think it could be justified is if it's a guy that you're absolutely positive you're going to regret passing up. This also isn't like last season where Dorsett is an expected starter a year down the road. Our next open WR isn't open for another 2 years (Moncrief) and at this point, I don't see why you wouldn't bring Moncrief back.

I haven't watched Boehm yet, bu ill definitely check him out. 

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

I don't expect us to take a WR, so I haven't watched any at all. The only way I think it could be justified is if it's a guy that you're absolutely positive you're going to regret passing up. This also isn't like last season where Dorsett is an expected starter a year down the road. Our next open WR isn't open for another 2 years (Moncrief) and at this point, I don't see why you wouldn't bring Moncrief back.

I haven't watched Boehm yet, bu ill definitely check him out. 

Fair enough, With Coleman I was thinking BPA

Maybe Decker will be available at 48 where we pick.
Apple comes in at #30 on CBS Sports draft board.
So he just might be, a 1st rd pick. Can`t wait for the combine to add

some reality to this process.
Their #89 player Center Max Tuerk has an interesting bio. Watcha wanna bet he adds 10lbs plus for the combine? See i cut you off there.
At pick #90, the Colts select Max...  isn`t this fun!

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

I've liked Boehm for a long time now. I think he could be a beast at Guard too.

No need for a WR this year.  Last year, the only WRs rostered at the time of the draft were Whalen and Moncrief, so a WR was needed (also BPA).  This year, TY, Moncrief and Dorsett are all under contract so there is absolutely no reason to pick a WR in the draft.  In fact, I would reach down 5 or 10 picks past a BPA WR to grab the best olineman in the second round (or CB, or LB)

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

No need for a WR this year.  Last year, the only WRs rostered at the time of the draft were Whalen and Moncrief, so a WR was needed (also BPA).  This year, TY, Moncrief and Dorsett are all under contract so there is absolutely no reason to pick a WR in the draft.  In fact, I would reach down 5 or 10 picks past a BPA WR to grab the best olineman in the second round (or CB, or LB)

I wouldn't say there's no need. Just not a need in the first three rounds. If Andre is cut, you only have 4 guys under contract. One is Dorsett who was injury prone this year and one is Bray who never saw a snap on offense. If there's a talented receiver in the later rounds I don't have a problem with it.