Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFC Divisional Round

danlhart87

The Redskins D-line does not have the talent that the Cardinals D-line has. Plus, I feel the Panthers' D may come out firing too. If there is an upset to pick out there, I'd have to go with the Seahawks.

I feel next week might be 2-2 at worst for home teams. I see at least 1 home team from the AFC and NFC winning for certain. I can see the home teams going 4-0 too.

I like the Cardinals at home again vs. Green Bay.

Ugh, Seahawks at Panthers is tough. I originally did pick Seattle but this can go either way. I guess I have to stick with Seattle but man this one I would never bet money on if anyone bets!

Hawks/Vikings game was so cold it looked painful to even watch let alone play in. I have to imagine Seattle will loosen up a lot more in Carolina with better weather.

This is going to be a lot of traveling coming up for the Seahawks too though. 

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Green Bay was the #5 seed, so there.

I will be shocked if the Cardinals lose to Green Bay.

I think the Cardinals win but I think it might be closer then the last game between them. Just like today was well a lot closer then the last time the Seahawks played the Vikings and blew them out lol.

30 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think the Cardinals win but I think it might be closer then the last game between them. Just like today was well a lot closer then the last time the Seahawks played the Vikings and blew them out lol.

Agree. But something tells me the Panthers might run a number on the Seahawks and host the NFCCG.

I think the Seahawks get it done. No way in hell they're going to let Greg Olsen beat them twice in a season. Their stout run defense slowed down A.P, so they shouldn't have a problem with Jonathan Stewart. Cardinals should take this one. Secondary/Pass rush will completely stifle the Packer offense and Carson Palmer should have no trouble pushing the ball downfield.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Agree. But something tells me the Panthers might run a number on the Seahawks and host the NFCCG.

Maybe, like I said I would not touch this game at all if I were the betting type.

I will say this though, Seahawks will hear all week they should not have won and they might get fired up. I don't care that the Vikings lost at all.......I actually wanted Seattle to play Carolina. This has the potential to be a good one.

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

I would have said the same thing here 3 years ago, but Seattle proves me wrong any time I choose them to get blown out. That team for all their issues, they have a way with getting lucky and things tend to go their way like last year when they rallied that lucky comeback vs Green Bay and then yesterday where the Vikings screwed up that kick. 

4 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I would have said the same thing here 3 years ago, but Seattle proves me wrong any time I choose them to get blown out. That team for all their issues, they have a way with getting lucky and things tend to go their way like last year when they rallied that lucky comeback vs Green Bay and then yesterday where the Vikings screwed up that kick. 

Or like that time Lynch destroyed the Saints defense.

5 minutes ago, Restored said:

Or like that time Lynch destroyed the Saints defense.

To be fair, the Saints defense went into that game very banged up missing several starters, 6 if I recall. Some fans like me, had a feeling we were going to lose that game based off so many injuries.

Reggie Bush had also just come back after having his leg broken in week 2, and we were missing Chris Ivory who was our best back that year. Weird year of injuries, Saints lost all 4 running backs and even a 5th at the end of the season who we had signed just because we had no running back by week 8. 

We would have won that game if it has at home IMO since we did score 37 points, and had it been at home, Saints would have had a bye week to get some of their injured starters back. (Atlanta got the bye off the win in week 3, where Hartley missed the field goal in OT) 

I get tired of the media praising Seattle all the time, like they're the second coming or something. I also don't care about Pete Carroll; he rubs me the wrong way. Hoping Carolina knocks Seattle  out of the playoffs.

I think the Green Bay-Arizona game will be closer than the last time they met. Can Arizona's defense stop Rodgers again? 

This past weekend proved that home field advantage is overrated. In the end, it doesn't mean that much. It matters which team plays better, and has a little luck going their way.

Would like the Cardinals to do just that and end up in the Superbowl.

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

To be fair, the Saints defense went into that game very banged up missing several starters, 6 if I recall. Some fans like me, had a feeling we were going to lose that game based off so many injuries.

Reggie Bush had also just come back after having his leg broken in week 2, and we were missing Chris Ivory who was our best back that year. Weird year of injuries, Saints lost all 4 running backs and even a 5th at the end of the season who we had signed just because we had no running back by week 8. 

We would have won that game if it has at home IMO since we did score 37 points, and had it been at home, Saints would have had a bye week to get some of their injured starters back. (Atlanta got the bye off the win in week 3, where Hartley missed the field goal in OT) 

Shoulda coulda woulda

The thing with the Seahawks and Patriots is that they play 60 minutes and make the last 2 minutes matter. So, if you have to eliminate the luck part of it, either you have to be lucky yourself or go toe-to-toe for 60 minutes.

Case in point - Eli and Tyree luck in SB 42, Eli and the Manningham catch in SB 46, Billy Cundiff shanking a 32 yard FG vs the Patriots in 2011 AFCCG, Flacco Hail Mary, Malcolm Butler INT in final minutes of SB 49, Seahawks recovering onside kick in 2014 NFCCG, latest FG win this weekend etc. are all examples of plays that happened because the Patriots, Seahawks and in the above case (Giants) played for 60 minutes. 

The teams that won did win those playoff games because they played hard for 60 minutes, walking the cliched coach talk. The teams that lost failed to make plays that mattered that could have put the other team away before the last minute or two mattered (Asante Samuel missed INT in SB 42, Wes Welker drop in SB 46, Broncos not going for the kill to get a first down by passing prior to the drive for the Rahim Moore defense of the Flacco Hail Mary, Packers playing conservative letting Seahawks hang around in 2014 NFCCG etc.).

When you have a chance to finish a team off, do it, especially against teams that have been there like the Patriots, Seahawks etc. because they will make you pay if you leave them hanging around and make the last minute or two matter more, IMO.