Pittsburgh (+3) @ Cincinnatti (1-10-16)

oldunclemark

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Clearly....

New England will beat KC by 10...'Shady' Tom Brady vs. the master of the 3-yard pass Alex Smith

..in New England..Pats have 2 weeks rest

NE is a significantly better team than KC on offense..

....just remember who told you

I always remember, I hope you do and not get confused with posters :)

18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I would be shocked........without Brown and with that secondary that let AJ McCarron walk down the field twice..

With Ben less than 100%....I would be shocked if Pitt won at Denver

Prepare your emotions........Pittsburgh and Denver is going to be a WILD roller coaster game. 

Tonight was a rain storm with two heated division rivals who would murder each other. Next week has new scenarios.

Next week will be a new story. Just like taking a lot from the early game today won't tell much on the Pats vs. Chiefs. It's a new story with a whole new set of matchups. 

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Prepare your emotions........Pittsburgh and Denver is going to be a WILD roller coaster game. 

Tonight was a rain storm with two heated division rivals who would murder each other. Next week has new scenarios.

Next week will be a new story. Just like taking a lot from the early game today won't tell much on the Pats vs. Chiefs. It's a new story with a whole new set of matchups. 

Denver by 10.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Denver by 10.

I don't put money on games nor am I heavy into the teams left.

I can't predict a score.

I will have more later in the week after I digest all this but I rarely do scores.

Steelers were my "fun" loose AFC pick all year though with friends I talk to a lot.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

The essence of a message board is that folks forget what they said.

NE by 10......remember where you heard it

Sheesh everyone picking everyone by 10.

Denver and NE.

Just don't bet money on these games......

Steelers defense is very average....

They collapsed against AJ McCarron tonight and won when KC had behavioral issues..

....Denver's defense has something to prove after the first Pitt-Denver game except that Antonio Brown, who caught 18 passes in that game....may not play ..

Pitt will have problems

First of all Bengals melted down and got what they deserved but these officials need to be addressed too.

They lost total control of this game.  Again, their poor effort tonight does NOT excuse the Bengals behavior but part of the problem that feed into it was that the Bengals felt like it was one sided and frankly it was.  Now with said it looked to be one sided because the officials were trying to let them play which lead to the Bengals getting mad.  Then the officials started to crack down because the Bengals lost control. 

While I agree the officials had to crack down they should have been calling what they were calling at the end of the game earlier in the game.  Also someone needs to explain what Jones did to get a flag (I didn't see and judging by looking at twitter others did not either but maybe he just said the wrong thing.)  They officials also need to explain why Porter was on the field and why that wasn't a flag. 

Again, the Bengals have no one to blame but themselves but the league needs to address these officials as well. 

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Steelers defense is very average....

They collapsed against AJ McCarron tonight and won when KC had behavioral issues..

....Denver's defense has something to prove after the first Pitt-Denver game except that Antonio Brown, who caught 18 passes in that game....may not play ..

Pitt will have problems

If Brown doesn't play,i think they will be in trouble,they still have weapons,but all the injuries  are starting to pile up

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure Ben will probably play but he wouldn't touch that question with a 10 foot pole during the post game interview which is cause for concern if you are a Steelers fan moving forward.

I would think he is limited at times this week or sits. But, the dude has played with a lot of injuries in his career.

I would be stunned if they threw out that ding bat with the stache in the divisional round.

Just now, Jules said:

I would think he is limited at times this week or sits. But, the dude has played with a lot of injuries in his career.

I would be stunned if they threw out that ding bat with the stache in the divisional round.

Landry is the man! (sarcasm). What would even concern me more if I was a Pitt fan is Brown.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Landry is the man! (sarcasm). What would even concern me more if I was a Pitt fan is Brown.

I still cannot get over how much the backup to Ben looks like Rodgers with a stache with the helmet on. Rodgers without the talent.

53 minutes ago, snkdy said:

Based on Pacman's instagram post, Joey Porter was antagonizing the players. That still doesn't excuse his behavior though.

Why was Porter even on the field to begin with?

I feel like that the Bengals got screwed over big time by the refs and they still should have won it at the end.

People can say what they want about Burfict's hit but I still don't get how that was a penalty and yet Shazier's hit on Giovani Benard wasn't a penalty.

3 minutes ago, adamr said:

I feel like that the Bengals got screwed over big time by the refs and they still should have won it at the end.

People can say what they want about Burfict's hit but I still don't get how that was a penalty and yet Shazier's hit on Giovani Benard wasn't a penalty.

I'm not sure. Maybe to check on Brown? It seemed really shady though.

I agree with you on the Bernard hit.

13 minutes ago, adamr said:

Jesus.  When there is an injured player on the field assistants go out. How hard is that to understand?

Again Bernard was a runner just like when Vontae lit him up in our game.  Can't help that the guy has a weak chin.

If you think the Bengals got screwed... just wow...

23 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Jesus.  When there is an injured player on the field assistants go out. How hard is that to understand?

Again Bernard was a runner just like when Vontae lit him up in our game.  Can't help that the guy has a weak chin.

If you think the Bengals got screwed... just wow...

It looked more like Porter was on the field to run his mouth at Bengals players and not so much to "check" on an injured player. I thought the trainers and head coach are the only ones supposed to be on the field to check on injured players. Perhaps not?

The Bengals did plenty to lose this game but...

If you think that game was not heavily called in favor of the Steelers...just wow...

And for the Vontae hit...are you referring to the one below?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000413623/Vontae-Davis-nails-Giovani-Bernard

Big difference imo. Shazier led with his helmet and hit Benard in his head/upper body....Vontea hit him in his midsection. 

Denver fans should be optimistic after that game.  Low class went all around to both teams in my opinion, one side just took it further, though when your teams coaches are acting like thugs, Pitt has a lot to answer for as well but are so overshadowed by Cincy that people will forget.  Imagine how those two Cincy/Pitt games will go next year.  With Ben hurt, unless he miraculously recovers, it is looking like one final Manning/Brady showdown for the SB. NE is much healthier than they've led people to think in my opinion.  

31 minutes ago, adamr said:

Apparently a slight should turn and one more step was the difference.  

15 minutes ago, adamr said:

It looked more like Porter was on the field to run his mouth at Bengals players and not so much to "check" on an injured player.

The Bengals did plenty to lose this game but...

If you think that game was not heavily called in favor of the Steelers...just wow...

And for the Vontae hit...are you referring to the one below?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000413623/Vontae-Davis-nails-Giovani-Bernard

Big difference imo. Shazier led with his helmet and hit Benard in his head/upper body....Vontea hit him in his midsection. 

Porter did run his mouth.  No ones questioning that.  In fact it's likely frowned upon and I agree.  But you are arguing he shouldn't be out there.  That is false and a dumb arguement unless your going to ban all assistant's from ever going on the field during injury.  The Bengals players need self control.  If a coach is gonna be childish enough to do that I'd hope that the player would be mature enough to handle the situation and not empower him.

Leading with the helmet or not (which I don't see how he was as he was lowering his shoulder).  He was an established runner and there was no evidence to support an intent to injure.  So regardless the basis of which your attempting to support your claim is again false.

And yes I'm talking about that hit. A hit in which Vontae literally didn't hit anything near his head and he still laid for 5 minutes on the ground... Bernard has a weak chin or just weak body in general as either he over exaggerates or can't take a big hit.  Thank you for proving my point.

53 minutes ago, adamr said:

The officials were awful.  With that said you have to keep your cool but I can get why Bengals fans would have beef with the officials.  Still the Bengals have no one to blame but themselves.  Rather it be them losing their cool or the fumble they had they lost this game more than the steelers won it.

22 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Porter did run his mouth.  No ones questioning that.  In fact it's likely frowned upon and I agree.  But you are arguing he shouldn't be out there.  That is false and a dumb arguement unless your going to ban all assistant's from ever going on the field during injury.  The Bengals players need self control.  If a coach is gonna be childish enough to do that I'd hope that the player would be mature enough to handle the situation and not empower him.

Leading with the helmet or not (which I don't see how he was as he was lowering his shoulder).  He was an established runner and there was no evidence to support an intent to injure.  So regardless the basis of which your attempting to support your claim is again false.

And yes I'm talking about that hit. A hit in which Vontae literally didn't hit anything near his head and he still laid for 5 minutes on the ground... Bernard has a weak chin or just weak body in general as either he over exaggerates or can't take a big hit.  Thank you for proving my point.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/10/10743904/steelers-bengals-joey-porter-foul

Given how the game was going and that he was clearly not out there to check on the injuried player he was out there to cause problems he should have been flagged.

The officials lost complete control and were an embarsement tonight.

With that said the Bengals have to keep their cool in that situation and have no one to blame but themselves.  If they don't fumble to start with the game never gets to that spot.  

2 hours ago, krunk said:

They got so caught up in their hate for the Steelers they allowed themselves to get into highly undisciplined football right in their break through moment.  I just knew at some point the Bongles were going to screw it up.  It all started with the Jeremy Hill fumble.  How do you allow yourself to fumble on that play is beyond me!  Honestly I thought they were going to down it a couple times and get out of there, but I assume Pitt had all their timeouts.  If they didn't then I blame Marvin Lewis.  Dumb team!  I was about to be happy that they finally got past the first round and then they turned back into the Bongles.

Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

3 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

The officiating in this game was atrocious. Pittsburgh coaching staff & some Bengals fans embarrassed themselves & the league this evening. Both teams deserve a spanking.

Cincinnati got their's tonight. Pittsburgh gets their's next week v. Denver.

Pittsburgh is going to get smoked next week, that is a lock. No way they win in MileHigh especially with Ben being dinged up and Brown being concussed. It wouldn't shock me if Denver blows them out.

26 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I am not on either side of this, but why would a non medical staff or Browns direct coach have reason to be on the field not focused on Brown, but Jawing near the defensive huddle aggressively with a player from the other team?  I would certainly BAN all coaches from the opposing team from being on the field and arguing or even addressing opposing players.  Porter and Munchak should both be suspended next week.  Burfict should be out 4 games and Jones should be fined.  But that's just my opinion, I could be right.  

Just another horribly officiated Steeler playoff game.  I don't know why they don't just drop the pretense and proudly proclaim that the officials carry terrible towels instead of flags.

Shazier should have been ejected for intentionally head hunting Bernard and Burfict shouldn't have even been flagged.  He was aiming at the center of mass of the receiver who fell into the contact even though Burfict tried to avoid it.  Joey Porter should have been flagged for instigating the fight with Pac Man.

Just a completely shameful example of officiating.

53 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

Just another horribly officiated Steeler playoff game.  I don't know why they don't just drop the pretense and proudly proclaim that the officials carry terrible towels instead of flags.

Shazier should have been ejected for intentionally head hunting Bernard and Burfict shouldn't have even been flagged.  He was aiming at the center of mass of the receiver who fell into the contact even though Burfict tried to avoid it.  Joey Porter should have been flagged for instigating the fight with Pac Man.

Just a completely shameful example of officiating.

Steelers had 10 flags for 142 yards.

Cincy 8 flags for 79.