Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh (+3) @ Cincinnatti (1-10-16)

oldunclemark

8:15 EST      Jin Nantz and Phil Simms on CBS  ...over-under 45.5

Low 40s, upper 30s and rain....

QB Ben Rothlisberger (319 of 469, 3,938 yards, 21 Tds, 16 INts) will be throwing early and often to WR Antonio Brown, who has 136 catches for 1,834 yards, (No. 2 in the NFL)

..RB DeAngelo Williams (200 carries, 907 yards) is questionable with an injury

Pittsburgh averages 395 yards and 21 first downs a game.

Cincy goes without vet QB Andy Dalton (255 of 386, 3,250 yards, 25 Tds, 7 INTs) and calls on AJ McCarron (79 of 1219, 6 TDs, 2 INTs) , making his 3rd career start.

WR AJ Green (86 catches, 1,297 yards) and TE Tyler Eifert (52 catches, 13 TDs) hope the ball gets to them.

DE Carlos Dunlop has 13.5 of the Bengals 37 QB sacks. Cincy has 21 pass interceptions including 8 by safety Reggie Nelson,

Jeremy Hill has run (223 carries) for 794 yards and 11 Tds

This is the 3rd meeting....Cincy won 16-10 in week 8...and Pitt won 33-20 4 weeks ago...

Here's another tricky ick...

You go with a mediocre defensive team on the road or a team without its starting QB at home.

Good game. Bad choices....The 'over' is the best bet

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game. I'm hoping the Bengals break their streak and get a playoff win.

I'm also hearing the Officials will give both teams stern warnings before the game. haha

Last game between these two a fight broke out during pre game practice.   

This game is going to be a lot closer than people think. Hoping for the Bengals to destroy the Steelers. However, my mind works a little bit better. Close game IMO. And yes, the rain is going to be a BIG determining factor in this game. Least amount of turnovers win.

53 minutes ago, Bogie said:

This will be a blow out in favor of the Steelers. Yes, Cincy has a great defense, but AJ McCarron has been slightly average at best. Steelers defense will have a big day in this one. 

Hey there, Bogie! My fellow NOLA native. Remember, as you suggested ... Cincy has a great defense. 17.4 pts allowed per game is only 1/10th pt. behind Seattle's best in the NFL @ 17.3. I understand that Pittsburgh has been in Cincy's head for quite a while. I look for that to end on Saturday night. I think McCarron is overlooked. And, if the Bengals can drop BR with multiple sacks & corner coverage is at best, mediocre, I really think Cincy pulls this off.

If I'm wrong, I've got no problem eating the plate of crow. Many are taking Steelers. Just think this game is going to be a lot closer than most think. Maybe OT. Least amount of TOs wins this thing.

5 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Hey there, Bogie! My fellow NOLA native. Remember, as you suggested ... Cincy has a great defense. 17.4 pts allowed per game is only 1/10th pt. behind Seattle's best in the NFL @ 17.3. I understand that Pittsburgh has been in Cincy's head for quite a while. I look for that to end on Saturday night. I think McCarron is overlooked. And, if the Bengals can drop BR with multiple sacks & corner coverage is at best, mediocre, I really think Cincy pulls this off.

If I'm wrong, I've got no problem eating the plate of crow. Many are taking Steelers. Just think this game is going to be a lot closer than most think. Maybe OT. Least amount of TOs wins this thing.

I really enjoy your posts. One of the best posters up here!  :thmup:

7 hours ago, Bogie said:

This will be a blow out in favor of the Steelers. Yes, Cincy has a great defense, but AJ McCarron has been slightly average at best. Steelers defense will have a big day in this one. 

Unlikely to be a blowout either way...These guys know each other too well.

I lean towards Pitt but the Steelers defense can get smoked