Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Does The Franchise Tag Go To This Year?

bap1331

97 members have voted

1. 1. Franchise tag....?

• Mathis
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Garcon
    • Reggie Wayne
    • Other

But, unless I am mistaken, isnt freeney already in his final year of contract, therefore making it impossible to restructure his deal?

it wouldnt be a restructure..it would be an extension, the benneffit would be they can lower drastically the cap hit IMO

I voted for Mathis. Tbh we can manage without Reggie Wayne on the roster, if Manning is playing that is. I mean Manning made Blair White look like a decent NFL receiver. And I think that our pass rush would cease to exist if Mathis isn't on the field, Freeney would get too much attention and our DTs aren't bringing a whole lot of pressure.

That would have been awesome.

"What your name kid?"

"Friday Saturday" LOL

middle name would be "Night".

I go with the restructure of Free's contract and re-signing Mathis - IF Peyton doesn't return next year.

If Peyton is looking good and returns next year i still want Reggie being Peyton's primary receiver. I want another consistently good year out of Garçon before i trust him in that role.

And that's all that needs to be said about that.

How are you going to restructure a contract that will be in the final year of the contract? You will have to sign Freeney to an extension to do any kind of restructuring.

Honestly, I would probably give it to Wayne. We could probably get away with Garcon, Collie and a rookie as our top three WRs with Peyton out there, but we need a seasoned vet who is reliable if we are going to put a rookie out there.

I sure as heck would not give the franchise tag to Garcon. The guy is very inconsistent and had his best year in a contract year.