Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hue Jackson Fired After 1 Season As Raiders Head Coach

Blackhawk4

I've heard that he was starting to act like Bill Polian. He would try to control every aspect of the team and wouldn't take any responsibility for anything going wrong with the team. He became really power hungry after Al passed away and people around him didn't like it. Looks like McKenzie didn't like it either.

Probably saw himself as co-GM after Davis' passing, and giving up a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer. McKenzie was having none of that.

Actually he had no part in that. Here's a quote from Hue himself.

"When I think back on it, I think I'm being blamed, and have been blamed, for (all of that)," Jackson told Yahoo! "What gets me is, I know (Bengals owner) Mike Brown and I know Carson Palmer, but I didn't make the trade. That decision came from above. It involved draft picks and money. But it wasn't my call.

Source

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825e435a/article/exraiders-coach-jackson-believes-owner-sent-him-packing?module=HP11_headline_stack

"When I think back on it, I think I'm being blamed, and have been blamed, for (all of that)," Jackson told Yahoo! "What gets me is, I know (Bengals owner) Mike Brown and I know Carson Palmer, but I didn't make the trade. That decision came from above. It involved draft picks and money. But it wasn't my call.

Source

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

I was going to chime in with this, thanks for covering it. There is no way a 1st year, 1st time HC is going to be given that much pull. The trade was stupid, Hue prolly just hoped another mans foolhardy decision would give him more wins.

Allright. Doesn't really change things. My main point was that Hue Jackson wanted a lot of power. The influence he had after Davis' passing got to his head.

Looks like I wasn't way off with that...