Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'd like to see Whitehurst the last two weeks.....

NewColtsFan

I know technically we still have a shot these last two weeks,  and having a shot means playing your best.

But I think Hasselbeck has had the snot beaten out of him and has almost nothing left in the tank.    I'd like to see Whitehurst, if for no other reason,  just to see if he could be Luck's back-up next year?      Odds are likely not -- but we have to know.     I don't think Hasselbeck should be the back-up next year and I think I've been as big a MH supporter as there is around here.      But he got badly over-used this season and he's a shell of the QB who played and won his first four games.   

It's time to let him be the back-up again and start Whitehurt.

And if I were Irsay,  I'd slip Matt and extra million on his way to retirement as a way of saying thanks for giving it all he could for the last few months.   This was much more than anyone bargained for.

Let's see Whitehurst these last two weeks and then focus on whatever changes are coming so we can focus on Free Agency in March and the draft at the end of April.

Hopefully better days ahead!             :thmup:

I think Whitehurst will be forced into action regardless. Hasselbeck is done. His body is banged up and depleted and at this point it's draining him psychologically on the field. Anyway, Whitehurst is not adequate even as a backup. I remember his days in San diego. the colts even picking him up was a desperation move. I would not be confident in his ability to even win a single game. 

Anyway, do we have any other options left but Whitehurst?

-Luck is still out and I wouldn't gamble his health

-Hasselbeck is devastated.

-There's no other QB on the roster. Not to mention that Whalen was our emargency QB, who is also out...

Besides with 6% chance of making the PO...we shouldn't risk Matt's health neither. I'm not suggesting to lose on purpose or what, just acknowledging we are out of personnel, and Whitehurst is the only player available on the position.

53 minutes ago, ThaCaliColt said:

I think Whitehurst will be forced into action regardless. Hasselbeck is done. His body is banged up and depleted and at this point it's draining him psychologically on the field. Anyway, Whitehurst is not adequate even as a backup. I remember his days in San diego. the colts even picking him up was a desperation move. I would not be confident in his ability to even win a single game. 

Just because a player -- especially a quarterback -- is at one level at one point,  doesn't mean he's always going to be at that level.    Some players improve,  especially QB's later in their career. 

I have no real idea about Whitehurst,  I'm just not big on giving up on players too soon.

1 hour ago, ThaCaliColt said:

Me neither CC, but I've gotta agree with NCF on this one. Let's not just say Charlie is worthless so why even bother? Let's confirm it first much like Cleveland is doing with Johnny Manziel. I think we all know Charlie isn't a savior but at this point we've got nothing to lose. 

Besides, every time Charlie throws a pick take a shot of your favorite alcoholic beverage & by the middle of the 3rd qtr; you won't care what the score is or how badly the Colts are being annihilated. haha Just kidding! 

In all seriousness, I know that 2nd & 3rd QBs in this league are under tremendous pressure with almost no 1st team reps & scout teams reps for the most part. I wish NFL Network would do an in depth mini series on the struggles of being a backup field general in the NFL. That's the real "Hard Knocks" show on HBO if you ask me. All the blame & none of the perks or accolades. 

FG kickers stop being such wusses & cry babies too. I just get upset over the money they get for minimal practice time & they still miss in crucial games. Grrr! Kickers are people too...My caboose...Overpaid people for laid back work perhaps...My pet peeve I guess. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better. 

Adam V. I love you man. Not slamming you buddy. 4 SB rings makes you bullet proof & above reproach or criticism in my eyes man. You are pardoned from my venom rant here. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry for the misspelling in the subject line.

My new computer has auto-correct and makes these changes even when I don't want them!

Very frustrating.    I've asked the Mods to correct.

I completely understand NCF. My new Safari web browser on my iMAC does the same thing. It drives me insane too. We all know how smart you are. Trust me, you didn't lose any intellectual IQ points. 

It's is kind of funny though how when the computer changes a famous name to something stupid how a person goes from David Banner to the Incredible Hulk in under 20 seconds over a post you just noticed 2 hours later & can't fix anymore. Like Kermit The Frog said/sang: "It's not easy being green" either. haha

53 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Anyway, do we have any other options left but Whitehurst?

-Luck is still out and I wouldn't gamble his health

-Hasselbeck is devastated.

-There's no other QB on the roster. Not to mention that Whalen was our emargency QB, who is also out...

Besides with 6% chance of making the PO...we shouldn't risk Matt's health neither. I'm not suggesting to lose on purpose or what, just acknowledging we are out of personnel, and Whitehurst is the only player available on the position.

Well said HCF. It's like last minute Christmas shopping on December 24th; Suddenly stuff you'd never buy in a million years looks good largely because that's all that's left. Licorice, post it notes, & a few kit kat bars. Yep, call me Mr. Romantic right? 

Ah huh. Charlie is our break the glass fire extinguisher. No doubt about it. 

9 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Well said HCF. It's like last minute Christmas shopping on December 24th; Suddenly stuff you'd never buy in a million years looks good largely because that's all that's left. Licorice, post it notes, & a few kit kat bars. Yep, call me Mr. Romantic right? 

Ah huh. Charlie is our break the glass fire extinguisher. No doubt about it. 

I love your Christmas shopping reference! :-)))

I never thought that all of our wheels might fell of once... 

9 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I love your Christmas shopping reference! :-)))

I never thought that all of our wheels might fell of once... 

We loss Manning in 2011 & Painter becomes our fail safe measure. We lose Luck in 2015 & Charlie is our of no we are so screwed measure.

The more things change; the more they remain the same for INDY despite what year the calendar says. Spooky isn't it brother? :panic: 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

We loss Manning in 2011 & Painter becomes our fail safe measure. We lose Luck in 2015 & Charlie is our of no we are so screwed measure.

The more things change; the more they remain the same for INDY despite what year the calendar says. Spooky isn't it brother? :panic: 

It is SW 1.

at least we don't need to rebuild the whole team & staff this time.

It doesn't matter who's in. The season is over and Luck will be back next year. So, it's no future in whitehurst...it'll just be another pointless move by the staff. Shut down, it's over. The way we looked last game??? It's a wrap. That was it. We needed to win that game. So upset....I was saying 2 years ago that this staff needed to go. They came in with terrible plans. Now look. No one ever saw the signs. We never beat anyone except our division. That was a major sign year in and year out. We make absolutely 0 moves on defense in the offseasons, we look at Luck get killed every daggone year and do nothing about it, and to think some people in here tried to blame Luck for having no protection. Well,  Hass is in the same boat, who's fault is it now? Even Pags tried to blame Luck for not having a line. "He's  been doing this for 3 years now, has he not" really dude? And some people in here agreed with him, well u can leave right along with him and his jacked up schemes...just 2 many signs that led to this. 

1 hour ago, TrueColt! said:

I am highly P off! Don't even make the playoffs after being projected to win the Super Bowl. Come on now. That's terrible. 

According to Pats fans on pats pulpit, it's the curse of Deflategate for both the Colts and Ravens.

He didn't look as bad with a weeks worth of preparation.  He looked poised instead of rushed like Hasslebeck always looks.  Might as well put him in at this point.  I mean we've only been able to score 10 points a game with Hasslebeck for the last 3 weeks so it's not like Hass is a huge upgrade.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know technically we still have a shot these last two weeks,  and having a shot means playing your best.

But I think Hasselbeck has had the snot beaten out of him and has almost nothing left in the tank.    I'd like to see Whitehurst, if for no other reason,  just to see if he could be Luck's back-up next year?      Odds are likely not -- but we have to know.     I don't think Hasselbeck should be the back-up next year and I think I've been as big a MH supporter as there is around here.      But he got badly over-used this season and he's a shell of the QB who played and won his first four games.   

You don't?   I think the Colts would be lucky if Matt would come back and be the back up.   I can't believe you would prefer to go another direction.  

What I have seen of Whitehurst isn't very impressive.   If we get eliminated, I would agree that he should see the field the final week.