Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Manning For Jim Harbaugh?

Flash7

This is purely just for kicks, but what if Jim Irsay hasn't canned Caldwell yet because our next head coach is still in the play-offs? Once harbaugh and the Niners are out of the playoffs, Jim Irsay proposes a trade of Peyton Manning to the Niners for Jim Harbaugh. Yes, a player for a coach.

The Niners would get their missing piece of the puzzle for a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl and we would get a coach that has played for the Colts and has now proven that he can take a losing team to the playoffs. And of course, Jim harbaugh would coach Andrew Luck, who already has a head start running his system.

Okay, keep in mind this is just for fun....and now let me have it.

This is purely just for kicks, but what if Jim Irsay hasn't canned Caldwell yet because our next head coach is still in the play-offs? Once harbaugh and the Niners are out of the playoffs, Jim Irsay proposes a trade of Peyton Manning to the Niners for Jim Harbaugh. Yes, a player for a coach.

The Niners would get their missing piece of the puzzle for a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl and we would get a coach that has played for the Colts and has now proven that it can take a losing team to the playoffs. And of course, Jim harbaugh would coach Andrew Luck, who already has a head start running his system.

Sadly Caldwell will not be fired, Irsay is just letting time go by, so the fans cool down,the yes man will be retained.

The Niners would get their missing piece of the puzzle for a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl and we would get a coach that has played for the Colts and has now proven that it can take a losing team to the playoffs. And of course, Jim harbaugh would coach Andrew Luck, who already has a head start running his system.

Can he bring Patrick Willis and Frank Gore with him....?

Too bad Harbaugh didn 't wait for a year to jump to the pros. I always liked him and I was impressed with what he did at Stanford. To get Harbaugh and Luck at the same time and possibly still have Manning for a couple of years would have been great.

But I think we will need to look elsewhere. I don't think Harbaugh would leave on his own and I don't think the 49ers would be willing to trade him for anything right now.

The Niners would get their missing piece of the puzzle for a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl and we would get a coach that has played for the Colts and has now proven that he can take a losing team to the playoffs. And of course, Jim harbaugh would coach Andrew Luck, who already has a head start running his system.

Technically u can in sense that Robert Kraft gave up a 1st round draft pick for Belichick, <<< That worked out well for him

Personally I never would trade a healthy Manning

If the Colts wanted Harbaugh, the time to nab him would have been right after Dungy retired. He had not jumped to the pros yet and might have accepted an offer from the Colts.....unless that bridge has been burned beyond repair. Irsay and the Colts did kick Harbaugh to the curb to draft Manning. He might not want anything to do with Indy at this point.

Since we're just talking for fun, though, how weird would it have been if Harbaugh had ended up coaching the QB that replaced him.......or if Indy ended up trading the QB that they drafted to replace Harbaugh to get Harbaugh back?