Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SNF- Texans vs Patriots

RockThatBlue

45 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah I don't think anyone will really know who waltzes out for us yet on Sunday. 

But, Houston has played Luck and Hasselbeck so they will be ready for both.

As for the our third string weeny nobody cares......

Yeah I've been reading that Andrew might not be ready to play on Sunday. Of course he wants to, but I doubt that he sees the field. There are good reports about Hasslebeck, though. I'm expecting him to give it a go, and I think our defense will be planning for him this week.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Terrible showing by the Texan offense tonight. You have to put up points when facing New England. Tough loss, but onto the next one now. Hopefully Hoyer is alright, but I believe Yates will be fully prepared if he isn't ready to go. 

Atleast you didn't get blown out by the Jags that is the definition of terrible. Just from what I saw from all three phases on this colts team the last two games alone we are going to get destroyed by the Texans no matter who plays QB for them.

5 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Atleast you didn't get blown out by the Jags that is the definition of terrible. Just from what I saw from all three phases on this colts team the last two games alone we are going to get destroyed by the Texans no matter who plays QB for them.

Hey, we'll see. I don't think Yates has ever played against the Colts or in LOS so there's that. I hope my guys can right the ship and get that elusive win in Indianapolis. Even with the QB dilemma, I don't expect the Colts to roll over and let the Texans win easily. 

26 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Hey, we'll see. I don't think Yates has ever played against the Colts or in LOS so there's that. I hope my guys can right the ship and get that elusive win in Indianapolis. Even with the QB dilemma, I don't expect the Colts to roll over and let the Texans win easily. 

Yates last to the Colts the second to last game of the 2011 season at LOS.

On December 14, 2015 at 8:48 PM, jvan1973 said:

Gronk never gets called for pushing off

Yes, you're Jvan. Gronk does get a pass on this way too much by NFL refs. 

On December 14, 2015 at 10:36 PM, QwizBoy said:

Terrible showing by the Texan offense tonight. You have to put up points when facing New England. Tough loss, but onto the next one now. Hopefully Hoyer is alright, but I believe Yates will be fully prepared if he isn't ready to go. 

Don't feel too bad QB. Everybody except the Giants seem to struggle against Foxboro man. That 1st Qtr. roughing the passer penalty by JJ Watt on Tom Brady was such hogwash. LOL! I thought was just a nice love tap by Mr. 99. haha

If Yates must go vs INDY next week, I think your Texans will be better than Charlie Jesus Christmas Superstar actually. Charlie looked awful vs the Jags man & I've seen Yates complete some nice long passes to WRs in past seasons. If you do win the AFC South, I will give your taurus team props. You have my word QwizBoy. 

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

With Miami’s loss to the New York Giants Monday night, the Patriots clinched their seventh consecutive AFC East title and their 13th divisional crown in the last 15 years.

With the win, New England has now tied the 1973-1979 Rams for the most consecutive divisional titles.

nyg.png&h=100&w=100New York Passing
  C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Eli Manning 27/31 337 10.9 4 0 0-0 95.9 151.5
TEAM 27/31 337 10.9 4 0 0-0 -- 151.5

Eli was nearly perfect last night. 

3 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Oh okay thanks. Must've been Yates vs Orlovsky. Now we might be seeing Yates vs Whitehurst...

I honestly think we caught a break with Hoyer being out with the way we are playing. Even If Hass plays and Andrew doesn't it will be tough for Yates to win here at LOS with the Division on the line. JJ isn't right either with his hand. That type of injury takes a few weeks to heal. You seen against the Pats how in effective he was.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think we caught a break with Hoyer being out with the way we are playing. Even If Hass plays and Andrew doesn't it will be tough for Yates to win here at LOS with the Division on the line. JJ isn't right either with his hand. That type of injury takes a few weeks to heal. You seen against the Pats how in effective he was.

"Tough to win at LOS?"  LOLOL

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With the way we are playing I'm not overlooking Yates.  Yates was able to lead them to a win over the Bengals.  I think he's matured some, but I agree I'd rather see him than Hoyer right now for certain.

12 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Giants are another team that is 6-7 but if they get in look out! Eli is a killer in the Playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Gramz said:

No kidding.  For some reason the Giants seem to get HOT this time of year.

I hope Peyton comes back healthy. If the Colts don't make it maybe we can get a Manning vs Manning SB which I would be fine with. That is highly doubtful but this has been one strange season with all of the injuries and upsets. It stinks regarding Dalton, Cincy cant catch a break!

34 minutes ago, Gramz said:

What a game by Eli and Odell! Too bad they did not win more of their games earlier this season. I hope they win the East but the rest of their schedule is pretty tough. They play my team in 2 weeks. I am rooting for the Vikes, of course, but the Vikes don't play well in prime time. The game has been "flexed" and will be played at night instead of 1pm ET. So the Giants have a chance. 

9 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I hope the Giants can beat Carolina next week. I was surprised they struggled as much as they did with a bad Miami team.

I think the Giants win, if they don't than the Panthers could go 16-0 definitely then. If the Panthers get to 14-0 I would go for 16-0 if I was them because that rarely happens getting to 14-0. Only the 1972 Dolphins, 2007 Pats, and 2009 Colts have achieved that.

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What a game by Eli and Odell! Too bad they did not win more of their games earlier this season. I hope they win the East but the rest of their schedule is pretty tough. They play my team in 2 weeks. I am rooting for the Vikes, of course, but the Vikes don't play well in prime time. The game has been "flexed" and will be played at night instead of 1pm ET. So the Giants have a chance. 

Yeah, those two looked as if primed and ready for Playoffs.  

If you look back at their schedule, with the exception of the Eagles game, their losses have mostly been 4 points or less,  including  one point games with the Patriots and Cowboys, a 3 point shoot out with the Saints.

I think they've been much better than their record shows, and the years they won the Super Bowls they had similar seasons and got Hot at the Right time.   I am for sure not counting them out this year.   They could spoil Carolina's perfect season and keep on rolling......

53 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That Giants/Vikes game is a good one to flex. A lot will be on the line for both teams. Should be an entertaining game to watch.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Giants win, if they don't than the Panthers could go 16-0 definitely then. If the Panthers get to 14-0 I would go for 16-0 if I was them because that rarely happens getting to 14-0. Only the 1972 Dolphins, 2007 Pats, and 2009 Colts have achieved that.

I hope they go for 16-0 too. 2007 was such an amazing season and the Pats did not need to win that final game vs the Giants but Bill went for it and they got the perfect regular season. When you have a chance to get it, you go for it IMO as it is historic. I do think Rivera will go for it even if the games don't mean anything.

I was rooting for the Giants last night so the Pats could capture the division. It is their 7th in row which is a record. It is amazing to think about winning it that much. I am now hoping that the game we play vs the Jets in 2 weeks will be the knock out game in terms of getting them out of the playoffs. That would be sweet. lol.

For all you football junkies like myself that love the Xs and Os, here is a breakdown of how the Pats took out Watt and Hopkins. Colts may want to do the same on Sunday. Enjoy.

Here’s how frequently each Patriots blocker took on Watt in the passing game: RT Marcus Cannon: 20 RG Tre’ Jackson: 12 LT Sebastian Vollmer: 7 TE Michael Williams: 6 LG Shaq Mason: 3 RB James White: 3 C Bryan Stork: 3 OT Cameron Fleming: 2 TE Rob Gronkowski: 1 RB Brandon Bolden: 1 Cannon was having a tough stretch as he was recovering from a toe injury, but he deserves a lot of credit for holding up well against Watt. Cannon blocked Watt nine times one-on-one in the passing game and didn’t allow a pressure. Most of the credit goes out to Brady for getting rid of the ball quickly, however. Brady took an average of 2.17 seconds to pass the ball. Even Watt can’t get into the backfield that quickly unless he goes totally unblocked. The Patriots ran toward Watt nine times for 34 yards. They ran away from him 18 times for 72 yards and a touchdown. They single-teamed Watt 18 times in the running game, double-teamed him eight times and left him unblocked once. Watt had a bigger impact in the run game, in which he made three tackles, including one for minus-1 yard. The Patriots double-teamed Watt five times while running away from him and just three times while running toward him.

Read more and see clips of the plays at: http://nesn.com/2015/12/patriots-fil...andre-hopkins/

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I hope they go for 16-0 too. 2007 was such an amazing season and the Pats did not need to win that final game vs the Giants but Bill went for it and they got the perfect regular season. When you have a chance to get it, you go for it IMO as it is historic. I do think Rivera will go for it even if the games don't mean anything.

I was rooting for the Giants last night so the Pats could capture the division. It is their 7th in row which is a record. It is amazing to think about winning it that much. I am now hoping that the game we play vs the Jets in 2 weeks will be the knock out game in terms of getting them out of the playoffs. That would be sweet. lol.

Yeah when the Colts didn't go for it in 2009 I was so mad! Regarding Division Titles, since the realignment in 2002 the Colts have won their Division in 2003-2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014. 9 times so not too shabby for us either. I am hoping it will be 2015. That would give us 10 Division Titles in 14 seasons. Congrats on your Division Title, also thanks for helping the Colts out as well because a win over the Texans pretty much gives us the Division now. I just hope at least Hass can play if Andrew doesn't.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah when the Colts didn't go for it in 2009 I was so mad! Regarding Division Titles, since the realignment in 2002 the Colts have won their Division in 2003-2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014. 9 times so not too shabby for us either. I am hoping it will be 2015. That would give us 10 Division Titles in 14 seasons. Congrats on your Division Title, also thanks for helping the Colts out as well because a win over the Texans pretty much gives us the Division now. I just hope at least Hass can play if Andrew doesn't.

What is going on with Hass? Is it likely he will play?

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually it is amazing how much different Tom and the Pats play when Gronk is in. When he is out they have look bad in past games.

He's obviously an all-time great (Gronk), and when you have a guy like that in your offense and then suddenly he goes out with an injury and you are left with an NFL backup, it's going to look rough. But yeah...Gronk as the MVP of the team when you have #12 in there? Lol.

Look at it this way...you can start the year with one of these 2 options - choose:

1) Brady with a middle of the road tight end instead of Gronk...OR

2) Gronk with a middle of the road Quarterback instead of Brady

7 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

He's obviously an all-time great (Gronk), and when you have a guy like that in your offense and then suddenly he goes out with an injury and you are left with an NFL backup, it's going to look rough. But yeah...Gronk as the MVP of the team when you have #12 in there? Lol.

Look at it this way...you can start the year with one of these 2 options - choose:

1) Brady with a middle of the road tight end instead of Gronk...OR

2) Gronk with a middle of the road Quarterback instead of Brady

I do think Tom is the MVP unless Cam goes undefeated.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually it is amazing how much different Tom and the Pats play when Gronk is in. When he is out they have look bad in past games.

Actually a few players have commented what he really brings (other than his obvious play) is in the huddle attitude. 

He just lights up the huddle and everyone feels more empowered.  It's his child like emotions.

57 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

0-2 without him

Um, he missed one game.

Back in 2013 when Gronk missed the first 6 games of the season on the PUP list the Pats went 5-1 without him. Upon his return for the next 7 games (he blew out his knee vs Cleveland in week 14) they went 5-2.