Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Get Luck And Blackmon?

I don't see it happening, but I'm not opposed to it. Luck is supposed to be the sure thing and from what I've seen from Blackmon, I think he will be too!

Oh I don't think it's likely either but from the sounds of it this sounds like a loaded draft so if we were forced to trade Manning it might be an interesting idea to move up in this draft to grab Blackmon. I mean watching Stafford and Johnson just makes me think what a good young QB can do with a good young WR.

Oh I don't think it's likely either but from the sounds of it this sounds like a loaded draft so if we were forced to trade Manning it might be an interesting idea to move up in this draft to grab Blackmon. I mean watching Stafford and Johnson just makes me think what a good young QB can do with a good young WR.

Ya, I agree with you. Luck & Blackmon for the future would be really nice. Just stinks that it'd happen at the expense of Manning. :scared:

Ya, I agree with you. Luck & Blackmon for the future would be really nice. Just stinks that it'd happen at the expense of Manning. :scared:

I'd still do that trade if it would bring us a stud like Blackmon. Gotta think for the future, and Luck can start right away so sitting him for a year isnt really needed like with Aaron Rodgers. Luck could easily be successful right away with a better OL with an added Ijalana, and a stud WR like Blackmon to throw to.

It's a business guys, and as much as it would hurt seeing Peyton elsewhere, business decisions like this have to be made for the benefit long term of your franchise.

I am talking all pure speculation here.

Let's say the Colts push back Manning's bonus and trade him. Do the Colts then maybe try to package those picks to move back up in the draft and get Blackmon to go with Luck and have our QB and WR combo for the future?

I guess the question..is...what about our defense??

@ this it does sound mighty nice, but it being at the expensive of Manning would make me :( .......... Blackmon seems projected to go fairly high from what I've heard, especially after all the scouts seeing that bowl game in which he dominated against Standford. I think the Rams take Blackmon.

If Peyton wanted to be traded that would be best case scenario, but here's an idea. With Alshon Jeffery's draft stock falling the Colts could trade Peyton Manning and instead of picking Blackmon they pick Morris Claiborne, and then they trade back into the 1st round for Jeffery. That way we come out of the 1st round with Luck, Claiborne and Jeffery. Thoughts?

EDIT: Or I guess we could just trade Peyton for the Browns 2 first round picks and not have to trade back into the 1st.

1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford

4. Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State (not that unlikely to fall to the 4th pick because we're taking Luck, the Rams will take Kalil and whoever wants RGIII will trade up to the Vikings.)

23. Mark Barron S Alabama

34. Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech

Maybe we resign Wayne as well and move him back to the side where he started when Harrison was here. Luck, Blackmon, Wayne, Collie, and Clark or Tamme. Drew Brees' single season records would be in jeopardy!

I hope the NFL starts to move back towards more defense ordinated over the next few years. It's embarrasing to Dan Marino's amazing season in 1984 that his yardage record could be broken by 2 players in one year. The NFL is messed up right now, it gives way to many advantages to the passing game. Having 3 quarterbacks over 5,000 yards in one year when it has only been surpassed twice in NFL history shows that the rules need to change.

I believe there is a rookie salary cap this year. So, it couldn't get too bad, could it?

You are correct..... Luck's salary regardless of who drafts him 1st overall will be about 24-26 million guaranteed over 4 years.

Think about this..... we bookended our OT position with Castonzo and Ijalana last year for the grand total of 12 million dollars over 4 years for both players with less than that 12 mil guaranteed. If those guys stay healthy and play well.... that is great value.

This rookie salary cap was LONG overdue.

As far as a scenario where Peyton is traded and we are enabled to select twice in the 1st round, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.... but Dan Snyder and Rex Ryan are capable of anything.

I am talking all pure speculation here.

Let's say the Colts push back Manning's bonus and trade him. Do the Colts then maybe try to package those picks to move back up in the draft and get Blackmon to go with Luck and have our QB and WR combo for the future?

The great thing about college players is that they havent failed yet...They're all stars.

Wonder what Atlanta thinks about Matt Ryan and Julio Jones today.