Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions fire GM Martin Mayhew, president Tom Lewand

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000573477/article/lions-fire-gm-martin-mayhew-president-tom-lewand

This is coming hot on the heels of firing their OC. Basically, they fired everyone EXCEPT the guy truly responsible for the losing season (because this is Caldwell, of course he's responsible). The GM, President, and OC are probably cursing Caldwell.

So you CAN fire a GM during the season! Hmmm!

I believe Grigson is taking SOME heat that actually belongs on his meddling Owner. It makes his job a bit safer therefore.

Sure you can. It still rarely happens. And I don't know where you get that Irsay is meddling on things that Grigson does, but OK....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000573477/article/lions-fire-gm-martin-mayhew-president-tom-lewand

This is coming hot on the heels of firing their OC. Basically, they fired everyone EXCEPT the guy truly responsible for the losing season (because this is Caldwell, of course he's responsible). The GM, President, and OC are probably cursing Caldwell.

Please don't worry too much.  There is no need to fire Caldwell right now.  Same with Pagano.  Let's see what the end of the year brings though. Pagano may well not be given another contract, and Caldwell, I believe, has 2 more years on his contract.  Those are usually guaranteed, sometimes with offset language in case he gets re-hired elsewhere.

Caldwell might be a lame duck coach to be fired by the next GM just like he was when Polian was fired and Grigson was hired, IMO.

Ah, then maybe the Colts will can Grigson and Pagano, and bring back Caldwell and perhaps see if they can get Polian back for a year or two!  It would be a lovely reunion!  haha

Of course I kid. . . .

• 3 weeks later...