Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Team Has The Best Backup Quarterback?

King Colt

A backup QB is there to do one thing: fill in when the starter either is disabled or is not performing. Teams have always struggled at the backup position in term of having a player that can step in and win games. As Colt fans we know the painful truth of a useless backup QB i.e., Curtis Painter. The Colts have perhaps the best backup QB there is in the NFL right now. The starting QB is in a free fall to the bottom with a 1-5 record and leading in all the wrong categories. The team needs some kind of change or shakeup if they stand the smallest chance to win the division and win in the playoffs. This is not an "end of the world" move rather, a move to shake things up. Compare the 49ers backup Dwayne Gabbert to the Colts. It is night and day. Look at Tennessee's back up. Again night and day to the Colts. Since Luck (last in QBR) shows he can move the team but he waits until the fourth quarter in many games why not look hard in to this and come up with a change of some kind?. Fire the coach or GM or sit Luck for a couple games, what do you think?

Simple formula:

Start hasslebeck till midway through 4th quarter. If we are losing well into the 4th and get down into a huge hole, unleash Luck in the last 5 mins.

Bring hasslebeck to the hospital and let him heal all the broken body parts over bye week.

Win.

Profit.

He is smart and knows how to get rid of the football ... he doesnt need 7 - 9 step drop and hold onto it forever looking for a bomb every drop!

He's going to need 4-5 seconds to run around like a chicken with its head cut off because the WRs are getting pressed at the line of scrimmage and get 0 separation.  

Think that will give him enough time to evade Ware, Miller and the others???? 

We aren't talking about Houston or the Jacksonville team that should've beat the Colts @ LOS. 

Simple formula:

Start hasslebeck till midway through 4th quarter. If we are losing well into the 4th and get down into a huge hole, unleash Luck in the last 5 mins.

Bring hasslebeck to the hospital and let him heal all the broken body parts over bye week.

Win.

Profit.

hahah!

Kind of reminds me of the phases for the Underpants Gnomes in Southpark.  

UnderpantsGnomesPlan_zpsfc2akejz.jpg

Easily it's Hasslebeck. He hasn't thrown an INT over the course of two games, played lights out while moments ago being "on his deathbed." He also was considerably favoring the toilet. The guy probably had diarrhea he was holding in all game. I'd like to see any of the other league's backup QB's play while holding in diarrhea (of the explosive variant).

Easily it's Hasslebeck. He hasn't thrown an INT over the course of two games, played lights out while moments ago being "on his deathbed." He also was considerably favoring the toilet. The guy probably had diarrhea he was holding in all game. I'd like to see any of the other league's backup QB's play while holding in diarrhea (of the explosive variant).

Upside down volcano material for sure haha. I can't even stand going to work and sitting at a desk with sick ugly, flue, diarrhea, nauseous symptoms let alone imagine and NFL player playing with those issues.

Laughed for 2 mins!Woke up the girlfriend.

Denver will lose this week but they are going to win the SB. I can talk a little smack now because I redeemed myself by saying Denver would beat GB and I put my signature on the line even.

Denver just gave Aaron Rodgers and the Packers their first loss. They're hot right now on both sides of the ball. I like that you have confidence in your team though, because crazy things can happen any given Sunday.

A backup QB is there to do one thing: fill in when the starter either is disabled or is not performing. Teams have always struggled at the backup position in term of having a player that can step in and win games. As Colt fans we know the painful truth of a useless backup QB i.e., Curtis Painter. The Colts have perhaps the best backup QB there is in the NFL right now. The starting QB is in a free fall to the bottom with a 1-5 record and leading in all the wrong categories. The team needs some kind of change or shakeup if they stand the smallest chance to win the division and win in the playoffs. This is not an "end of the world" move rather, a move to shake things up. Compare the 49ers backup Dwayne Gabbert to the Colts. It is night and day. Look at Tennessee's back up. Again night and day to the Colts. Since Luck (last in QBR) shows he can move the team but he waits until the fourth quarter in many games why not look hard in to this and come up with a change of some kind?. Fire the coach or GM or sit Luck for a couple games, what do you think?

Not gonna happen, let it go

He's going to need 4-5 seconds to run around like a chicken with its head cut off because the WRs are getting pressed at the line of scrimmage and get 0 separation.  

Think that will give him enough time to evade Ware, Miller and the others???? 

We aren't talking about Houston or the Jacksonville team that should've beat the Colts @ LOS. 

Griff in the slot and dink and dunk  vs dropping seven and looking to launch ... really is that simple. ;)   We beat Denver we will win out to go 11-5 .... SB here we come.  ;)

IF Luck is truly hurt then Hasselbeck is our best option period!

Simple formula:

Win.

Profit.

Risk a "supposedly" injured ribs and shoulder (neither is true) Luck against the Denver D? He may actually get hurt if they do that. Either way it will not be pretty and Manning hopefully will jump on their misfortune and send  game ball to Irsay.

Griff in the slot and dink and dunk vs dropping seven and looking to launch ... really is that simple. ;) We beat Denver we will win out to go 11-5 .... SB here we come. ;)

IF Luck is truly hurt then Hasselbeck is our best option period!

haha really do hope you are right. I love the optimism.

As much crap as I give Griff, he had a heckuva game last game.