Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis discusses being accused of murder

RockThatBlue

After hearing and seeing this interview I came to the conclusion Lewis said zero. He was not ask the main question. That is where are the cloths you had on the night those two men were murdered? IMO, till that question is answered I think if he didn't kill those two men he knows who did. He has spent millions of dollars to keep his name from being related to those murders. I find it sad that the families of those two men would take the money over the truth. If someone took my son's life,  no amount of money would silence me.

Whenever I see Lewis speak about that night, it always looks like he has a mountain of regret on his shoulders. It is interesting to me that he dedicated an entire chapter in his book to that incident. It is almost as if he is trying to convince himself that he is innocent. Hearing him talk about paying those families off in the civil suits as an act of charity is a new low for him IMO.

See the jimmy superfly snuka story.......Ray woud and should be more wise about discussing that.

Snuka is going to jail 30yrs later

Man ain't that some crazy stuff? Jimmy "Superfly".....He was before my time. I grew up in the 90's, and 00's watching WWE, but I still always knew who he was. I think he's guilty too btw. I know its 30years later and he's all old and stuff, but at least that lady's family may still get some peace.

Whenever I see Lewis speak about that night, it always looks like he has a mountain of regret on his shoulders. It is interesting to me that he dedicated an entire chapter in his book to that incident. It is almost as if he is trying to convince himself that he is innocent. Hearing him talk about paying those families off in the civil suits as an act of charity is a new low for him IMO.

We'll never know what went down that night.  I think i'ts over presumptuous to say that he's trying to convince himself that he's innocent (I assume you mean innocent of murder, but can't tell for sure).  But I am sure there is plenty of regret.  The question is, what is that regret?  Obstructing evidence?  Murder?  Being at the wrong place at the wrong time and not doing something he knew was right?  Who knows?  

At the end of the day, he wasn't pursued for murder for lack of evidence and plead out.  I'd like to think he didn't do it, maybe he did.  But as others have hinted at, if not said in other pages of these forums, when there's a question about whether you murdered someone and you've plead guilty to obstruction of justice, that would be a pretty good reason not to hire him as a TV personality (amongst many other positions of influence or fiduciary) 

We'll never know what went down that night.  I think i'ts over presumptuous to say that he's trying to convince himself that he's innocent (I assume you mean innocent of murder, but can't tell for sure).  But I am sure there is plenty of regret.  The question is, what is that regret?  Obstructing evidence?  Murder?  Being at the wrong place at the wrong time and not doing something he knew was right?  Who knows?  

At the end of the day, he wasn't pursued for murder for lack of evidence and plead out.  I'd like to think he didn't do it, maybe he did.  But as others have hinted at, if not said in other pages of these forums, when there's a question about whether you murdered someone and you've plead guilty to obstruction of justice, that would be a pretty good reason not to hire him as a TV personality (amongst many other positions of influence or fiduciary) 

I have no idea if he committed murder. I put it at 50/50 but I sense tremendous guilt from him. Every time he talks about it. He talks in circles. I am not sure why he keeps bringing it up but I think part of him hates that his legacy is wrapped up in that night.

I have no idea if he committed murder. I put it at 50/50 but I sense tremendous guilt from him. Every time he talks about it. He talks in circles. I am not sure why he keeps bringing it up but I think part of him hates that his legacy is wrapped up in that night.

Without a doubt.  It's a terrible thing to tied to.  It's one of the things that I think will keep Marvin Harrison on the outside looking in at the HOF.  And it might for Ray Lewis (which might be part of the reason why he's bringing it up). 

Without a doubt.  It's a terrible thing to tied to.  It's one of the things that I think will keep Marvin Harrison on the outside looking in at the HOF.  And it might for Ray Lewis (which might be part of the reason why he's bringing it up). 

That's an interesting angle.  I hope he isn't trying to get people to "gloss over" that when they are talking about his career and enshrinement in the HoF.

I think it's been instilled in peoples' minds that Harrison was a bit "off" because he just sat on the bench and kept to himself, and, at least in my mind, it always seemed like Lewis had a bit of a "messiah complex".

Both were incredible football players, but I think most fans would agree that they weren't your "typical" football player.  The fact that they were involved in murder investigations will most likely delay their enshrinement, since both could be considered 1st ballot HoFers.

Get a good lawyer, and destroy evidence. Seems to be a great plan for football players nowadays.

I think Aaron Hernandez would disagree, no amount of money was saving his butt. That said I feel so sorry for his little girl.. She went from a life of luxury to poverty because daddy is a sociopath.. ( also feel for the victims families as well)

This will always bother him IMO. I don't think he killed anyone but he was there and witnessed it going down. He probably has nightmares about it. He seems like a decent person overall but that one night will always haunt him. I have always said there have been 3 faces of the NFL since 2000 = Brady, Peyton, and Ray. Rodgers and Luck will be soon and maybe Watt? Rodgers is close.

im not sure if innocence would be the best emotion to feel after killing someone in self defense.  he did what he had to do, even if it meant getting his hands dirty

it's hard to imagine what life is like for ray lewis, but thugs like to take their shots at him

he learned that night that he CAN NOT go out to the clubs and stay out of trouble.

This will always bother him IMO. I don't think he killed anyone but he was there and witnessed it going down. He probably has nightmares about it. He seems like a decent person overall but that one night will always haunt him. I have always said there have been 3 faces of the NFL since 2000 = Brady, Peyton, and Ray. Rodgers and Luck will be soon and maybe Watt? Rodgers is close.

i doubt Ray personally pulled the trigger, but we will never know

im not sure if innocence would be the best emotion to feel after killing someone in self defense.  he did what he had to do, even if it meant getting his hands dirty

it's hard to imagine what life is like for ray lewis, but thugs like to take their shots at him

he learned that night that he CAN NOT go out to the clubs and stay out of trouble.

He also learned that he can get away with breaking the law.