Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis Invited To The Pro Bowl

Coltswarriors

Colts defensive end Robert Mathis received an invitation to the Pro Bowl, according to a league source.

Mathis was one of the few bright spots for the Colts in 2011, finishing with 9.5 sacks, 43 tackles, and three fumble recoveries. It marked the seventh time in nine seasons Mathis has compiled at least nine sacks.

Mathis hasn't decided if he'll play yet, but if he does, he would replace Patriots defensive end Andre Carter, who went on injured reserve last month with a quadriceps injury.

Mathis -- who has played his entire career in Indianapolis -- is due to become a free agent in March.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825afa70/article/colts-pass-rusher-mathis-invited-to-play-in-pro-bowl?module=HP11_headline_stack

Does anyone remeber seeing mathis lying flat on his back, then roll into a handstand and vault himself onto his feet? It was his 2nd year with the Colts I think. It was the first time i took notice of this guy, he has been an amazing player and i hope he will be a colt next year. Congrats Rob, keep your swagger you earned it.

To be completely honest about this topic, the Pro Bowl is a joke to me. It's not about who played better at which position, it's a popularity contest for the most marketable or up-and-coming marketable players. YES! I absolutely believe Robert earned his trip this year AND every other year he's made it. Dwight, as much as I love the guy, didn't perform as well this year. He may have been hampered by an injury unknown to us or maybe the ankle surgery is starting to show it's effects, but I saw him get handled 1 on 1 way too many times this year.

I agree that Angerer deserved it more than an aging Ray Lewis who missed multiple games and got outplayed by his supporting cast. As great as McAfee was this season, Shane Lechler is still in the AFC and Pat will be the 1st person to tell you that Lechler is the Superman of punters. As for Bethea, it's hard to send a safety to the Pro Bowl who's INT's declined this year and, in my opinion, he seemed to play at the same level as the rest of the secondary this year. Meaning that he didn't stick out as "the playmaker" in the secondary.

Does anyone remeber seeing mathis lying flat on his back, then roll into a handstand and vault himself onto his feet? It was his 2nd year with the Colts I think. It was the first time i took notice of this guy, he has been an amazing player and i hope he will be a colt next year. Congrats Rob, keep your swagger you earned it.

I've seen him do that before, he's an animal. He's my 2nd favorite Colt probably because he's been overlooked most of his career . He should join the ROH with Freeney.