Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers at Ravens - TNF

amfootball

Yeah 1-3 is still bad. Had the Colts lost last week, in my mind that would've showed me the season was pretty much over. Starting 0-3 is a huge hole to dig out of. I am assuming you are a Ravens fan? The Problem you guys have is you are in Cincy's Division and they are 3-0 and already have a win over the Ravens.

I think that the season being over has crossed everyone's mind in Baltimore. We have no

Illusions. They have a heck of a hole to did out of, which they dug for themselves. The team isn't horrible, as they have been competitive every game, but the chemistry seems to be lacking in comparison to other Ravens teams in the past.

Next week, Browns at home. One at a time.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the season being over has crossed everyone's mind in Baltimore. We have no

Illusions. They have a heck of a hole to did out of, which they dug for themselves. The team isn't horrible, as they have been competitive every game, but the chemistry seems to be lacking in comparison to other Ravens teams in the past.

How do you feel the offense is performing without Kubiak? The play calling really seems to be lacking. Run, run, then throw to Smith.

How is it poor play calling? Vick can't even make a routine throw and Bell can only carry it so much lol. The kicker left like 12 off the board literally all his fault.

I guess it's easy for all of us to judge... but  I think even Tomlin thinks it was poor play calling on his part at the end. 

I guess it's easy for all of us to judge... but  I think even Tomlin thinks it was poor play calling on his part at the end. 

He probably does and expects better of himself but that's not to say that he had a very valid reason to do so :-).  Man I shudder to think if we had a kicker like that... he is awful lol

He probably does and expects better of himself but that's not to say that he had a very valid reason to do so :-).  Man I shudder to think if we had a kicker like that... he is awful lol

The kicker is on him though and the GM. They made the trade to get him.

Also, given how many games Ben has missed over his career you would think by now they would have some young talent in development that they could turn to instead of these retread back up QBs. That is lazy coaching IMO. They said last night that Vick was operating last night at less than half of the play book that Ben runs.

How do you feel the offense is performing without Kubiak? The play calling really seems to be lacking. Run, run, then throw to Smith.

Not real well. Again, a lot of injuries piling up , Smith , Campinaro, Perriman, which could be another Ozzie WR draft pick bust. Some signs of life out of the running game with Forsett, and Aiken stepped up as WR.

I'm still reeling over the dumb off season moves by the Orioles that caused a crappy season, and now this. Hopefully they can pick up a second win with the Browns at home. Cincy is no doubt in the drivers seat. None of our backs can ever cover Green.

Not real well. Again, a lot of injuries piling up , Smith , Campinaro, Perriman, which could be another Ozzie WR draft pick bust. Some signs of life out of the running game with Forsett, and Aiken stepped up as WR.

I'm still reeling over the dumb off season moves by the Orioles that caused a crappy season, and now this. Hopefully they can pick up a second win with the Browns at home. Cincy is no doubt in the drivers seat. None of our backs can ever cover Green.

I feel the same about the Sox. Terrible year to go with 3 out of the last 4 but that championship in 2013 makes it all Ok. I have found I am less consumed with both the Sox and Pats. I think 2013 for the Sox and last year for the Pats was about all I needed to feel like I have seen it all and can just enjoy now. Funny how that happens when you get older. You realize there will always be another season and victories are much more enjoyable and last longer.

The kicker is on him though and the GM. They made the trade to get him.

Also, given how many games Ben has missed over his career you would think by now they would have some young talent in development that they could turn to instead of these retread back up QBs. That is lazy coaching IMO. They said last night that Vick was operating last night at less than half of the play book that Ben runs.

They've drafted QB to do the job and those haven't panned out so they went and got a previous starter... how is that lazy?

The kicker not performing is rediculous to blame on the GM and coach who traded for him because their first 2 kickers got hurt... lol your reaching heavily to blame the coaches.

Your acting like Vick and Scobee were the only plans the Steelers ever did. But in fact they are the backup of the backup plans and they almost won a game against a division rival with said backup of backup plans. Saying that is lazy is ludicrous.

They've drafted QB to do the job and those haven't panned out so they went and got a previous starter... how is that lazy?

The kicker not performing is rediculous to blame on the GM and coach who traded for him because their first 2 kickers got hurt... lol your reaching heavily to blame the coaches.

Your acting like Vick and Scobee were the only plans the Steelers ever did. But in fact they are the backup of the backup plans and they almost won a game against a division rival with said backup of backup plans. Saying that is lazy is ludicrous.

If they failed to draft a quality back up QB than that is still on them. Signing an over the hill QB like Vick is disastrous when he has to play 4 games maybe more vs the toughest schedule in the NFL. This could torpedo their season. As the saying goes, QB is the most important position on the team and back up QB is the second most important position.

While it is bad luck with their two pervious kickers, it is still on them for trading for Scobee who cost them an important divisional game at home. I am not sure what to tell you but this is all on the Steelers FO. The great teams prepare for injuries better than this.

If they failed to draft a quality back up QB than that is still on them. 

Most teams don't have a quality backup QB. Some don't even have a quality starter. 

And wasn't Vick 19/26 with a TD and 33 rushing yards?

They had a chance to win a game against a good divisional opponent, on a short week, and probably would have if not for a missed FG. That's what you want when you have to start a backup QB. 

If they failed to draft a quality back up QB than that is still on them. Signing an over the hill QB like Vick is disastrous when he has to play 4 games maybe more vs the toughest schedule in the NFL. This could torpedo their season. As the saying goes, QB is the most important position on the team and back up QB is the second most important position.

While it is bad luck with their two pervious kickers, it is still on them for trading for Scobee who cost them an important divisional game at home. I am not sure what to tell you but this is all on the Steelers FO. The great teams prepare for injuries better than this.

Vick put them in position to win the game.

And the backup QB isn't the second most important position. That's just ridiculous

Most teams don't have a quality backup QB. Some don't even have a quality starter. 

And wasn't Vick 19/26 with a TD and 33 rushing yards?

They had a chance to win a game against a good divisional opponent, on a short week, and probably would have if not for a missed FG. That's what you want when you have to start a backup QB. 

Yes...if Big Ben were playing totally different scenario...the Ravens have issues...too many young WRʻs and defensive cpt. Suggs out for season...they have a long season coming up...just like the Coltʻs

Lol they missed on a backup QB like the other 30 teams that can't find their 6th round starting QB? Lol cmon...

So now your saying they aren't lazy they are just worse then everyone else because they barely lost a game with a backup of a backup QB and backup if a backup kicker? Lol I'd say this is going to go nowhere fast. To say this is a "blame" on the FO lololol... this is more like a miracle their FO has put together that they are even relevant without their star QB and secondary scorer.

Lol they missed on a backup QB like the other 30 teams that can't find their 6th round starting QB? Lol cmon...

So now your saying they aren't lazy they are just worse then everyone else because they barely lost a game with a backup of a backup QB and backup if a backup kicker? Lol I'd say this is going to go nowhere fast. To say this is a "blame" on the FO lololol... this is more like a miracle their FO has put together that they are even relevant without their star QB and secondary scorer.

Perhaps I am just guilty of holding Pitt to a higher standard than the other teams that can't get out of their own way. Believe me, I am thrilled to see them struggling as they are one of the teams I have always disliked since I have watched football and them losing just muddied the AFC even more. It appears to be a three team race with NE, Cincy and Denver ...

Perhaps I am just guilty of holding Pitt to a higher standard than the other teams that can't get out of their own way. Believe me, I am thrilled to see them struggling as they are one of the teams I have always disliked since I have watched football and them losing just muddied the AFC even more. It appears to be a three team race with NE, Cincy and Denver ...

It's funny how Denver is considered one of the top teams, their offense is in shambles starting with OL.

Can't rule a team out if the QB is Manning, no matter what.

It's funny how Denver is considered one of the top teams, their offense is in shambles starting with OL.

I just think it is one of those years where even the top teams have flaws but the rest of the league is so bad they can be covered.

Only one in history that no matter the coach he can still make them relevant.

Well that and plus he doesn't cheat

I didn't read through all of these so if this was addressed I apologize for bringing it up, but with the 13 offensive holding penalties the Colts have been flagged for already this year how in the name of "fair play" and "level playing field" was that absolutely blatant holding penalty NOT called on the steelers first td. How do refs decide what is called and what isn't? Just wondering.

Only one in history that no matter the coach he can still make them relevant.

Well that and plus he doesn't cheat

I am thinking we will see some very good games starting November because that is when I feel all these teams will be playing their best ball. 

I am thinking we will see some very good games starting November because that is when I feel all these teams will be playing their best ball. 

I sure hope so. It can't stay this bad all season. I am sure there will be a few surprises too with some teams that are unexpected making a surge. I kind of hope Oakland is for real. I have always hated them but this Carr is really likeable and Cooper is just fun to watch play.

I sure hope so. It can't stay this bad all season. I am sure there will be a few surprises too with some teams that are unexpected making a surge. I kind of hope Oakland is for real. I have always hated them but this Carr is really likeable and Cooper is just fun to watch play.

Peyton vs Rodgers/Brady back to back.

Can't wait.

If it were up to me and I went for it I would have ran bell there. I think he'd have had a better shot getting those two yards than Vick.

You have to run it with Bell on 4th... Bad play call...

But was worse on both 4th down scenarios in regulation was the 3rd down calls...

You run it with Bell on 3rd and short if you know you are going for it on 4th... Unforgivable (if I were a Steelers fan) to put the ball in Vick's hands on 3rd and short, knowing that you'll be going for it. Tomlin didn't think Bell could get two yards in two tries?

Yeah, Scobee choked, but Tomlin lost the game... No excuse for that horrible play-calling in those situations. Just awful.

I feel the same about the Sox. Terrible year to go with 3 out of the last 4 but that championship in 2013 makes it all Ok. I have found I am less consumed with both the Sox and Pats. I think 2013 for the Sox and last year for the Pats was about all I needed to feel like I have seen it all and can just enjoy now. Funny how that happens when you get older. You realize there will always be another season and victories are much more enjoyable and last longer.

I feel the same way. I was lucky to see a lot of championships with the Orioles , Colts, and Ravens, so it's not the same as a Cubs fan, for example , that has been championship starved.

Two moves really killed the Orioles and Ravens. They were not signing Cruz, and trading Boldin. Totally dumb moves , that could have been avoided. Tough as a fan when front office stupidity is apparent to everyone, but the front office.

Yes...if Big Ben were playing totally different scenario...the Ravens have issues...too many young WRʻs and defensive cpt. Suggs out for season...they have a long season coming up...just like the Coltʻs

I agree, if Ben is in there the Ravens are 0-4. Flacco has no one to pass to, and the defense is suspect. This is a huge coaching challenge for Harbaugh. If they can get to 3-4, and that's assuming they can beat Cleveland at home, SF on road, and probably losing at Arizona, the schedule after that is favorable. Much of it depends if we start getting injured players back, someone steps up as WR, and the secondary improves. You are right, this is a flawed team.

I agree, if Ben is in there the Ravens are 0-4. Flacco has no one to pass to, and the defense is suspect. This is a huge coaching challenge for Harbaugh. If they can get to 3-4, and that's assuming they can beat Cleveland at home, SF on road, and probably losing at Arizona, the schedule after that is favorable. Much of it depends if we start getting injured players back, someone steps up as WR, and the secondary improves. You are right, this is a flawed team.

Well said