Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How AFC Conference is Shaping up After Three Games

amfootball

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cincy is a great case study...

What is it about them during the regular season and then the playoffs.

Its not all the QB and the coach..but they get the blame

I think they are easier to game plan for. Take A.J.Green out of the game, scheme him out, and Dalton is reduced to a mid tier QB. Now, with Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert coming along, they may stand a chance of at least winning 1 playoff game, IMO.

AFC is starting to separate even more with Pats and Cincy. I put Denver as a distant third from those two because they have to get more from the offense and less turnovers to be with the other two. 

Every other team is a bit of a quagmire. I like Pitt but without Ben and given their brutal schedule, they probably don't catch Cincy and will be looking at a wild card. The last WC could be anyone - Oakland, Bills, Jets, Chargers ...

AFC is starting to separate even more with Pats and Cincy. I put Denver as a distant third from those two because they have to get more from the offense and less turnovers to be with the other two. 

Every other team is a bit of a quagmire. I like Pitt but without Ben and given their brutal schedule, they probably don't catch Cincy and will be looking at a wild card. The last WC could be anyone - Oakland, Bills, Jets, Chargers ...

The Jets aren't going anywhere with Ryan Fitzpatrick. The Chargers however are pesky and can give issues as a #5 or #6 seed and I would hate to play the Chargers in the wild card round as a Colts fan.

Pats defense is nothing special this year. Good QBs will light that defense up.

Tyrod Taylor had what 21 unanswered points?.

Who do you guys play the next few weeks?

Pats defense is nothing special this year. Good QBs will light that defense up.

Tyrod Taylor had what 21 unanswered points?.

Who do you guys play the next few weeks?

Pats defense is for sure a work in progress. Because the offense has gotten out to such big leads they have been in prevent late and given up yards and points late which skews their rankings a bit. I expect it to improve as the season goes along.

The Pats schedule the rest of the way is one of the easiest in the league, http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne

They got Dallas next with no Romo, no Bryant. Colts after that with potentially no Luck although I expect him to play. Their only tough games look to be the Giants in NY and Denver in Denver and maybe Jets in NY too.

Pats defense is for sure a work in progress. Because the offense has gotten out to such big leads they have been in prevent late and given up yards and points late which skews their rankings a bit. I expect it to improve as the season goes along.

The Pats schedule the rest of the way is one of the easiest in the league, http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne

They got Dallas next with no Romo, no Bryant. Colts after that with potentially no Luck although I expect him to play. Their only tough games look to be the Giants in NY and Denver in Denver and maybe Jets in NY too.

Yeah those away games will be a test to your defense.

So you guys are playing Eli after the SB from 2011?

So far it is looking like the usual suspects will win their Divsions = Pats, Broncos, Bengals, and Colts if Andrew comes back healthy. 9-7 can probably win our Division so that is nothing to brag about. The Jets look surprisingly good so far as a WildCard possibility, the other WildCard is a mystery at this point. Ben's injury really hurts the Steelers considering the Division they are in.

Yeah those away games will be a test to your defense.

So you guys are playing Eli after the SB from 2011?

Yeah, first time since the SB. Not sure if we may have played him in the preseason though.

I have to say I am digging the Giants this year. I wished they played GB so we could see how legit they are but I believe they will win the East and be a very tough playoff team.

Yeah, first time since the SB. Not sure if we may have played him in the preseason though.

I have to say I am digging the Giants this year. I wished they played GB so we could see how legit they are but I believe they will win the East and be a very tough playoff team.

They got Steve back as defensive co ordinator.

Eli with new offense is good. Hope to get Cruz back soon. Jennings is running well.

They are looking ominous.

I think the chiefs can make some noise.

The Chiefs are just the Browns with a better QB. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, it doesn't take much to be better than any of the Browns' QBs, and Alex Smith is very average, unable to carry his team for more than a random game or two. The Chiefs have a solid defense, but not good enough to hide the fact that they only have two players on offense who are above average (Jamaal Charles, Travis Kelce). There's simply not enough play-making ability on offense for them to be anything more than an also-ran.

If you need to find a game that's a perfect embodiment of the Chiefs, it'd be their elimination-scenario game against the Steelers late last season. The winner clinched a playoff berth. The loser was not mathematically eliminated, but realistically eliminated nonetheless. The Chiefs defense actually limited the Steelers to 20 points, which was an impressive showing, but their offense never found the end zone, and only scored 12 points. Game over, season effectively over.

Even this season, the Chiefs didn't find the end zone against the Bengals yesterday, settling for seven FGs. They need a better QB, a better offensive line, and at least one more play-maker at the skill positions. Until then, they're going to dwell forever in that no-man's land between 8-8 and 10-6 (11-5 if they're lucky, 7-9 if they're unlucky).

I'm actually starting to believe that Andy Dalton is underrated, and A.J. Green is overrated. I'm not saying that Dalton is a great QB, but he is a good QB, and I've seen him put up gaudy statistics in some of his wins. As for A.J. Green, I've seen him get lazy with routes and blocking before, and sometimes they've led directly to disaster for the Bengals, and for Dalton as well. A.J. Green has all the physical tools, but his motivation seems to be inconsistent, so I'm not quite as high on him as most people are.

They also always play well at home. They have a great 12th Man.  We've been to several games in Cincy and their Fans  are really into it.   I remember the Bengals holding the Pats to two FG's and no TD's, a few years back.

That last Wildcard spot should be interesting to watch. I think the Pats, Cincy, Broncos, and Colts assuming Andrew comes back healthy will win their Divisions, Jets look to be the best out of the Wildcard's so far. It's going to be a fight between the Steelers, Bills, Chargers, and I still don't count out the Ravens either eventhough they are 1-3 for that last spot. I am not totally sold on Cincy being a powerhouse. They always play great in the Regular Season but then lay an egg in the Playoffs. Until they win a Playoff game I cant take them serious. If I was to rank the AFC I would put the Pats 1, Broncos 2, if Andrew gets healthy we are 3rd/as of now though I will put Cincy 3rd because they are 4-0, and Jets 5. Jets did beat us but I think in a Playoff situation it would be different just based on history. Andrew has won Playoff games, Fitz has not. Just looking way ahead.

• 4 months later...
On 10/5/2015 at 7:06 AM, amfootball said:

Denver a distant third was a brilliant call. You were spot on as usual :thmup: