Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Ben hurt

oldunclemark

Not sure about that with Michael Vick at the helm. We will see if he can prepare better than when he was with the Jets.

Don't they have Landry Jones too? I'm sure they won't be afraid to put him in if Vick turns the ball over too much.

QB in 2 fantasy leagues, Romo in another and Luck in my last.

I'm cursed!

He is my QB in my lone fantasy league. I have Rivers on my bench, but Rivers is no match for Ben from a FF standpoint. There are no good QBs left on the waiver wire. I should have picked Tyrod Taylor this week. Oh well... :(

But for the sport itself, I hope Ben will be okay. I enjoy watching the Steelers offense with Ben in there.

He is my QB in my lone fantasy league. I have Rivers on my bench, but Rivers is no match for Ben from a FF standpoint. There are no good QBs left on the waiver wire. I should have picked Tyrod Taylor this week. Oh well... :(

But for the sport itself, I hope Ben will be okay. I enjoy watching the Steelers offense with Ben in there.

Yeah it's huge hit for the Steelers, at least they have Bell back,

Just saw the video of the hit.  They also said that there was no flag thrown.  Isn't going low on a QB illegal since Brady had his knee taken out?

You can't dive low from your feet to get to the QB.  if the defender falls down, or is blocked to the ground before reaching the QB, the defender can then crawl/creep to the QB.  This is what I think that defender did, thus no flag.

They'll evaluate the grade of the MCL injury as swelling subsides.  If it is a grade 1, he could be back in 4 weeks.  If 2 or 3, could take a full 6 weeks.  There's no surgery, but regimented rehab is involved as shown here-

http://www.massgeneral.org/ortho/services/sports/rehab/Medial%20collateral%20Ligament%20Injury%20%28MCL%29%20Rehabilitation.pdf

At least he will return at some point.