Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Jags are woeful

LordHelpOurColts

Jeeze

I hate the Pats.  Not going to lie.  I think they are dirty cheaters. Again not going to lie, but seriously stat padding?  For the love of Pete I HATED when Dungy would pull Manning in the 4th, because of all people MANNING needed to know how to run the dang ball!  Being scared of injuries gets you nothing.  The more reps you can get the better.  

Negative. Peyton Manning did it in game 209. Tom Brady in game 212.

I believe Brady did it the fastest in terms of pass attempts

Total pass attempts to 400 TD's

Brady = 7,282

Manning = 7,296

Those two guys are legendary.. I believe Luck will be able to achieve those types of numbers as long as he stays healthy

My bad. It seems I started us down the road of discussing stat padding.

I admit, I didn't watch any afternoon games because I was busy with a family party, and when I did log on and saw the Pats score I made a comment.

I just assumed the game was a running up the score game.

I saw somewhere today that they scored on every possession yesterday. That is quite impressive.

I withdraw my previous comment.

My apologies. i've never heard it "fastest" used in that context before. haha

Attempts is actually more accurate than games for this stat. As you can have one game with 20 attempts and 4 TDs and another game with 40 attempts and 1 TD. So the games is really irrelevant to the number of pass attempts to actually throw a TD.

That being said, they are only 14 attempts apart and 3 games part. That is pretty amazing. I really can't believe Brady got here as for the first 5/6 years of his career as a starter, the Pats were more of a run/defense team. It really was not until 2006/2007 that they became a prolific passing offense so it feels like he got to this mark in blazing speed.

Yeah, that's why I looked up the games played thing and thought, 'well, this surely won't be close...I guess he meant age or something...'

But I was astounded to realize that it was so close. I never would have guessed in a million years after watching Brady play at Michigan and even his first 3, 4, 5 years in the league, I would have never guessed he was going to be anything more than an above average starter at best...a heavy-footed QB with no ability to throw down the field and a little slow on his release...he had backup QB written all over him coming out, he was even selected in the "backup QB round"...hard to fathom that he got to this point. Credit to the coaching staff for developing a player that, in my opinion, if he was almost anywhere else in the league, would have never surfaced anywhere close to what he did...and I don't say that as a knock, it's really a testament to that team and that group there. This was not a layup 1st overall pick that was going to be good almost no matter what, this was a project pick that hit the mega bonus super bucks lotto...

Attempts is actually more accurate than games for this stat. As you can have one game with 20 attempts and 4 TDs and another game with 40 attempts and 1 TD. So the games is really irrelevant to the number of pass attempts to actually throw a TD.

That being said, they are only 14 attempts apart and 3 games part. That is pretty amazing. I really can't believe Brady got here as for the first 5/6 years of his career as a starter, the Pats were more of a run/defense team. It really was not until 2006/2007 that they became a prolific passing offense so it feels like he got to this mark in blazing speed.

Will be curious to see if he beats Peyton's 500

There are a lot that believe Brady is just the product of a great system and he does have Belichick but his resume speaks for itself with 4 Championships and 9 AFCCG appearances. He is Top 5 to me and as a Colts fan I dislike the Pats but the guy is great. Is he the best ever? That is debatable because losing to Eli's Giants twice puts a damper on that, especially the one where the Pats were undefeated and lost. Top 5 in no order I still say are Montana, Brady, Unitas, Peyton, and Elway. Marino had the best arm but his resume is incomplete because he never won a SB. Favre was great too but had too many key INT's in Playoff games too be considered Top 5.

You can run the football and play defense all game and the QB just finishes the drive with a TD.  One attempt one game.  Honestly there is no more accurate measure just something you are tying to illustrate yourself.

There are a lot that believe Brady is just the product of a great system and he does have Belichick but his resume speaks for itself with 4 Championships and 9 AFCCG appearances. He is Top 5 to me and as a Colts fan I dislike the Pats but the guy is great. Is he the best ever? That is debatable because losing to Eli's Giants twice puts a damper on that, especially the one where the Pats were undefeated and lost. Top 5 in no order I still say are Montana, Brady, Unitas, Peyton, and Elway. Marino had the best arm but his resume is incomplete because he never won a SB. Favre was great too but had too many key INT's in Playoff games too be considered Top 5.

I think the Giants Superbowls should be neutral regarding legacy. No credit for reaching them, but you can't hold it against him for making them either

Brady lead a go ahead TD drive in the final minutes in 07 and had them in the lead in 11. Both times the defense lost the game.

I think the Giants Superbowls should be neutral regarding legacy. No credit for reaching them, but you can't hold it against him for making them either

Brady lead a go ahead TD drive in the final minutes in 07 and had them in the lead in 11. Both times the defense lost the game.

We cant be nitpicking and blame the defense.

If defense lost those 2 SBs, its the defense that won all 4.

Without Darelle Revis,  forgot this last SB. And without Malcolm Butler last play?.

Its a team sport, I would leave it at that

I pretty much agree with this. I think all of us have different criteria for the greatest players. I think with Brady his four SB wins were all won with GWDs or fourth quarter comebacks so to me his play in the biggest moments really separates him along with playing in the cap/FA era where the teams turn over season to season. But I get how some see Montana or Untias as the greatest. At the end all you can do is be the best during your era and then let the debates rage. :)

I pretty much agree with this. I think all of us have different criteria for the greatest players. I think with Brady his four SB wins were all won with GWDs or fourth quarter comebacks so to me his play in the biggest moments really separates him along with playing in the cap/FA era where the teams turn over season to season. But I get how some see Montana or Untias as the greatest. At the end all you can do is be the best during your era and then let the debates rage. :)

Yeah it's definitely debatable. What was amazing about Joe is he had 0 INT's in 4 SB games. That is unreal. I think Aikman only had 1 in his 3 SB wins. Bradshaw won 4 SB's too but many credit his Defense more than anything.

We cant be nitpicking and blame the defense.

If defense lost those 2 SBs, its the defense that won all 4.

Without Darelle Revis,  forgot this last SB. And without Malcolm Butler last play?.

Its a team sport, I would leave it at that

Brady only put up 14 points in that 2007/2008 game when they averaged over 30 a game so he didn't play well. He had a nice drive at the end but to blame the Defense for that loss is lame when the Pats only gave up 17 points. So I agree with you.

Re: immediate above discussion about players getting love/no love.

I have started compiling a list of AP NFL MVP voting results from old newspapers and other sources in preparation for a best QB of all-time list. Obivously, MVP votes are just a small part of a much larger puzzle, but I believe it to be a good piece to have. It's surprisingly unavailable out there. I wonder if the spreadsheet I've started to compile is the most complete list out there - I doubt it, but I just have never seen anything more...

I've been a part of some of the best and most in-depth research for hockey history and have been a part of some really great lists, but never done that with football before...and am slowly trying to put it together...

Anyway...how about those Jaguars...Marquise Lee n'at...*cough*

He was also the fasted in NFL history to 400 TDs.

You sure about that?

"According to Jon Zimmer, the NFL's director of AFC football communications, Brady is the second-fastest quarterback to reach the 400-touchdown milestone, doing so in 212 games. Manning hit the mark in 209 games."

"Marino reached 400 in his 227th game and Favre did it in his 228th game."

***  Should have read further down... see it was covered.  ***

You know, Drew Brees sits at 398 passing TD's.  He was inactive this past Sunday.  I wonder how many games and pass attempts Brees has...   I'll take a peek...

204 games, 7544 attempts

So Brees will likely get the 400 TD's in fewest games title, while Brady will have 400 in fewest attempts.

My bad. It seems I started us down the road of discussing stat padding.

I admit, I didn't watch any afternoon games because I was busy with a family party, and when I did log on and saw the Pats score I made a comment.

I just assumed the game was a running up the score game.

I saw somewhere today that they scored on every possession yesterday. That is quite impressive.

I withdraw my previous comment.

Withdrawn :)

someone told me a long time ago- never assume. I've never forgotten that.

heck I don't even assume NE will make the playoffs :)

Withdrawn :)

someone told me a long time ago- never assume. I've never forgotten that.

heck I don't even assume NE will make the playoffs :)

haha  yeah, I thought that as soon as I typed the word.

One thing you know about me, if I am wrong about something, I will own up to it.    :giveup:

I believe Brady did it the fastest in terms of pass attempts

Total pass attempts to 400 TD's

Brady = 7,282

Manning = 7,296

Those two guys are legendary.. I believe Luck will be able to achieve those types of numbers as long as he stays healthy

It's remarkable how close all the numbers are.  Shades of Greatness.

400. That is soo impressive. As soon as that defense started to retire and get broke apart in 2007/2008 etc we saw the transformation of Tom Brady. I mean you give him a HOF caliber receiver in 07 and now with gronk on his way again we are seeing what he can achieve. I'm not going to mention any other qbs because this is about Tom....no one else. He may very well have all the records when it is all said and done if he plays this level for a few more years...and all the championships. He may not be the best qb of this generation but he will be by far the most successful qb. I never thought he would be this prolific early on but in the second half of his career he has erased any question about how great he would be without a defense or if his team had to ride his arm. Just a great qb and a beauty to watch....even if you root for another team.

400. That is soo impressive. As soon as that defense started to retire and get broke apart in 2007/2008 etc we saw the transformation of Tom Brady. I mean you give him a HOF caliber receiver in 07 and now with gronk on his way again we are seeing what he can achieve. I'm not going to mention any other qbs because this is about Tom....no one else. He may very well have all the records when it is all said and done if he plays this level for a few more years...and all the championships. He may not be the best qb of this generation but he will be by far the most successful qb. I never thought he would be this prolific early on but in the second half of his career he has erased any question about how great he would be without a defense or if his team had to ride his arm. Just a great qb and a beauty to watch....even if you root for another team.

Ya know - watching him pass this past Sunday I'm saying what the heck. Almost every pass is bang, bang, hitting the receivers in stride. I've seen a lot of football in my day but I was really floored.

His feet was even fast on a zig zag scramble for a TD.