Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans' Dick Lebeau...

ColtsConsistency

He was asked after practice by a local reporter: "What can they emulate from the Jets or Bills games to have the same effect or result for this Week against the Colts?"

Dick Lebeau's response? "If there's one thing I've learned in the many years of being in this league is that not every game is the same. Especially at this level with the athleticism these guys have. The outcome is not based on what happened last week. The way you play that day is what matters the most, not what they do, but what we do."

That is not word for word, but thats it in a nutshell, which I couldn't agree more.

I'll leave it open for your thoughts/comments now.

I'm surprised he hasn't taken a head coaching position anywhere. I'm sure he's been offered it, and it might be too late now given his age, but I've always wondered why he never became a head coach

I know that here in Arizona Bruce Arians was heavily considering him as his D.C to replace Todd Bowles, but Dick did not wish to stray too far from home and his family.

Which might explain why he might have turned down a head coaching gig.

That is coach speak. He is going to be prepared for anything we've already done and may do by watching film. While it's more important to run your scheme well, he is going to have some things ready to go that may throw the colts off... Pretty much same as any other week. Nothing to see here... He basically didn't want to give us any poster board material by saying: "Yeah well they've stunk up the joint, but we're not counting on the same bad performance against us"

Really not much to see here..

He was asked after practice by a local reporter: "What can they emulate from the Jets or Bills games to have the same effect or result for this Week against the Colts?"

Dick Lebeau's response? "If there's one thing I've learned in the many years of being in this league is that not every game is the same. Especially at this level with the athleticism these guys have. The outcome is not based on what happened last week. The way you play that day is what matters the most, not what they do, but what we do."

That is not word for word, but thats it in a nutshell, which I couldn't agree more.

I'll leave it open for your thoughts/comments now.

He has the most experience in the NFL, at 43 years coaching. Tom Moore is next at 37.  These guys have seen it all.  LaBeau won't make bulletin board material, and he knows D and how to scheme and game plan.  We'll be in for a dog fight, no doubt.

This usually goes without saying by about week 5...but those first 4 weeks we all cherrypick last week's game to pieces no matter how many times we get proved how pointless it is. I think DL was a HC twice but I'm to lazy to look it up.

Once with the bengals in the early 2000s