Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SNF- Packers vs Seahawks

RockThatBlue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've discussed this on the forum before but the Seahawks were lucky they didn't bomb last year. They came out flat every game and only won the division because the Cardinals and 49ers fell to pieces. Then they got the Carolina 7-8-1ers and playoff Packers in the playoffs. They're in serious trouble.

Why do people like seeing winners fail?

Regarding myself, I just don't like the Patriots for obvious reasons as a Colts fan so I love to see them fail. When it comes to the Seahawks I am just sick of their fans trying to say Wilson is better than Luck because he has won a SB. Stuff gets old. He isn't better than Luck so anytime the Seahawks lose I am pleased. As much as I dislike the Patriots it didn't hurt my feelings that they beat the Seahawks because I really didn't want Wilson to get Ring #2. I also knew because of Deflategate the Pats win would be tainted in most peoples eyes. Wilson throwing the game losing INT in the SB was priceless. Had he completed that, all anyone would be saying is 2-0 Wilson over Luck and how great Wilson is, blah blah.

Rodgers is not the best QB to have ever played the position, Collinsworth.

He is the best I've ever seen, with 2011 being in the top 5 QB seasons all time imo. By the end of his career (still got 7-8 years left) it can be argued that he is the best QB ever. Even if he retires with only one ring. Personally I think he'll win one more ring. He has been the best QB in the NFL for some time now and will continue to rack up wins and stats. His 3:1 TD/ING ratio is unique.

Regarding myself, I just don't like the Patriots for obvious reasons as a Colts fan so I love to see them fail. When it comes to the Seahawks I am just sick of their fans trying to say Wilson is better than Luck because he has won a SB. Stuff gets old. He isn't better than Luck so anytime the Seahawks lose I am pleased. As much as I dislike the Patriots it didn't hurt my feelings that they beat the Seahawks because I really didn't want Wilson to get Ring #2. I also knew because of Deflategate the Pats win would be tainted in most peoples eyes. Wilson throwing the game losing INT in the SB was priceless. Had he completed that, all anyone would be saying is 2-0 Wilson over Luck and how great Wilson is, blah blah.

Of course Seahawks fans believe Wilson > Luck. Just like Colts fans think Luck > Everyone. I'm sure Seahawk fans get sick of people talking about Luck as if he is infallible.

Personally I'm tired of all of the Luck worshiping that has been going on ever since Peyton was injured in 2011. SUCK FOR LUCK!

Some Colts fans talk about him as if he was some overlooked prospect like Tom Brady. It's almost as if they think the general consensus, at the time, was RG3 > Luck. lol I bet you like seeing him lose too?

But I digress, both the Seahwaks and Patriots are great football teams with great QB's! Who cares what team's QB is better, it's hard to quantify the greatness of a QB so, IMO, it's subjective. Let's just enjoy watching all of them!

Of course Seahawks fans believe Wilson > Luck. Just like Colts fans think Luck > Everyone. I'm sure Seahawk fans get sick of people talking about Luck as if he is infallible.

Personally I'm tired of all of the Luck worshiping that has been going on ever since Peyton was injured in 2011. SUCK FOR LUCK!

Some Colts fans talk about him as if he was some overlooked prospect like Tom Brady. It's almost as if they think the general consensus, at the time, was RG3 > Luck. lol I bet you like seeing him lose too?

But I digress, both the Seahwaks and Patriots are great football teams with great QB's! Who cares what team's QB is better, it's hard to quantify the greatness of a QB so, IMO, it's subjective. Let's just enjoy watching all of them!

Of course I am pleased Luck turned out better than RG3. As a Colts fan I should be and RG3 got a ton of hype coming out of college and many thought we should've took RG3 over Luck in the media. Having said that I don't like the fact RG3 got injured. I would've loved to seen both QB's stay healthy so I could compare both of their career's as the years go on. Ever since RG3 got injured he hasn't been near the same. Regarding Luck's greatness I don't have him as the best QB yet so I am not over the top with the worshipping of Andrew. He has his flaws, he does turn it over still a little much for my taste too. Rodgers and Brady are both better.

So the Colt fans are very proud of Luck because of his play? He has broke just about every record known for a 3 year player. Go ahead a rag on him all you care to but don't expect too many to follow you.

So the Colt fans are very proud of Luck because of his play? He has broke just about every record known for a 3 year player. Go ahead a rag on him all you care to but don't expect too many to follow you.

Lol Colts fans were proud of him before he was a Colts.

I'm not ragging on him. I just think people people toot his horn a little too much. I'm a Colts fan BTW.

As far as records go: different time periods.

I think he is good. Just not as good as people make him out to be. I guess that's what happens when you're used to seeing Manning play for most of your life.

I'm not ragging on him. I just think people people toot his horn a little too much. I'm a Colts fan BTW.

I think he is good. Just not as good as people make him out to be. I guess that's what happens when you're used to seeing Manning play for most of your life.

All-Time, Peyton is better. Peyton has been in the league for nearly 2 decades and has won a SB + 5 MVP's but what Luck has accomplished in 3 seasons is pretty impressive. If you compare his first 3 seasons with Peyton's, Luck is much better regarding just that. Luck has thrown and ran for more Yards than Peyton did, thrown less INT's than Peyton did, thrown more TD's than Peyton did when you compare their first 3 seasons. Also Luck's teams have had a better record at 33-15 Regular Season to 26-22 which Peyton's teams had. Luck's teams also have won 3 Playoff games and have made it to a AFCCG in his first 3 seasons, Peyton's teams were 0-2 in his first 3 seasons. I am one of the biggest Peyton fans you will find and love the guy as a Football player. I think he is a Top 5 QB ever but I had to point out Luck has been better if you just go by their first 3 seasons. In Peyton's 4th season we went 6-10 and missed the Playoffs by the way as well.

Like Patriot fans toot Brady? Like Packer fans toot Rogers? Like Bronco fans toot Manning? When you are a fan you do toot your starting QB.  And when your starting QB takes your team to the playoffs his first three years he is going to get a lot of tooting. As far as records and time periods then tell me any other QB that has done what Luck has done since modern NFL started? Lets go back to super bowl one to start. That is what I consider modern NFL. There were QBs before modern NFL that set records that have never been broke and never gets the credit. Right now some think that Rogers or Brady are the best QBs in history. Neither one of them touched QBs like Sammy Baugh or Otto Graham. Oh by the way Graham took his team to the championship game ten years in a row and won seven championships while QBing the first undefeated season.  So you can bring up different time periods but that don't hold water as far as what Luck has done in his first three seasons. When Manning came into the league some said he would win multiple championships and we seen how that turned out. I don't have a crystal ball to tell me how many championships Luck is going to win but so far he has had the best start of any QB in the modern era. So you may think that Luck is over 'tooted" and that is fine but their are some who feel he deserves it no matter what your opinion is.

Like Patriot fans toot Brady? Like Packer fans toot Rogers? Like Bronco fans toot Manning? When you are a fan you do toot your starting QB.  And when your starting QB takes your team to the playoffs his first three years he is going to get a lot of tooting. As far as records and time periods then tell me any other QB that has done what Luck has done since modern NFL started? Lets go back to super bowl one to start. That is what I consider modern NFL. There were QBs before modern NFL that set records that have never been broke and never gets the credit. Right now some think that Rogers or Brady are the best QBs in history. Neither one of them touched QBs like Sammy Baugh or Otto Graham. Oh by the way Graham took his team to the championship game ten years in a row and won seven championships while QBing the first undefeated season.  So you can bring up different time periods but that don't hold water as far as what Luck has done in his first three seasons. When Manning came into the league some said he would win multiple championships and we seen how that turned out. I don't have a crystal ball to tell me how many championships Luck is going to win but so far he has had the best start of any QB in the modern era. So you may think that Luck is over 'tooted" and that is fine but their are some who feel he deserves it no matter what your opinion is.

Great Post! What Luck has done in his first 3 seasons has been amazing. We were 2-14 when he got drafted, had 35 new players on the Roster compared to 2011 and it was a total rebuild with the exception on Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Pat and Adam. Nobody on the planet thought we would win more than 5 games in 2012 and what did we do, 11-5 right off the bat in Luck's Rookie season with dramatic exciting comebacks too.

I think I have just outgrown the whole my QB vs your QB thing. Or maybe it's just Luck isn't my QB like Manning was. I grew up watching Manning, arguing him over Brady and now I'm an adult and Luck is about my age so I look at him more objectively, with out being emotionally invested.

And honestly, from being in the rare circumstance of ditching your great QB (Manning), like Greenbay did (Favre), I'm just a little underwhelmed because going from Manning to Luck is a slight downgrade. Where as Favre to Rodgers is an upgrade. So I'm sure for Packer fans, it's easier to be amazed by Rodgers.

Luck is good; I just don't know if he is going to be the greatest of all time like so many Colts fans seem to think. Maybe he will; I don't know.

And I don't care if I'm in the minority with these thoughts. And I'm not trying to change yours or anyone else's opinion. Lol. If you think Luck is the greatest QB of all time and that there are no other QB's just as capable or have merit, then go ahead! It's annoying, but hey it's your world!

I think I have just outgrown the whole my QB vs your QB thing. Or maybe it's just Luck isn't my QB like Manning was. I grew up watching Manning, arguing him over Brady and now I'm an adult and Luck is about my age so I look at him more objectively, with out being emotionally invested.

And honestly, from being in the rare circumstance of ditching your great QB (Manning), like Greenbay did (Favre), I'm just a little underwhelmed because going from Manning to Luck is a slight downgrade. Where as Favre to Rodgers is an upgrade. So I'm sure for Packer fans, it's easier to be amazed by Rodgers.

Luck is good; I just don't know if he is going to be the greatest of all time like so many Colts fans seem to think. Maybe he will; I don't know.

And I don't care if I'm in the minority with these thoughts. And I'm not trying to change yours or anyone else's opinion. Lol. If you think Luck is the greatest QB of all time and that there are no other QB's just as capable or have merit, then go ahead! It's annoying, but hey it's your world!

I understand your point of view but the NFL didn't start with Manning. I don't mean that in an insulting way. You compare Mannings first three seasons and Lucks first three. Manning had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison. Who did Luck have other than Wayne? I can only hope that Luck ends up with the impact players that Manning had. We have yet to have a RB that comes close to Edge. Allen and Fleener are good but I doubt they will ever be a Dilger or Clark. Wayne was great but he wasn't a Harrison and was older before Luck came. I never said Luck was going to be the greatest QB ever but his start is better than any QB under the circumstances in his first three years. That explains why all the tooting you mentioned. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but are you sure your more of a Manning fan that a Colt fan?

Seattle is in trouble. They need more from Wilson. Handing off to Lynch time and time again is not good enough right now. And what is going with Graham? 1 catch on 2 targets?  They really need to get him more involved as they got him to be the big play guy for them to get chunk yardage.

So Seattle lost again when their D gives up 25+?

Yep. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are 0-9 when their D gives up 25 points or more. Say what you want, even in his early years, Brady won a few of those before he became the QB he is right now. Peyton had no choice but to do it even in his early years :).

To me, their OC lacks creativity and the Seahawks offense has gotten predictable. Throw it up for grabs and hope the WRs Baldwin and Kearse, the ones with the supposed "chips on their shoulders" come down with it. If not, boot legs, zone reads, option offense and running with Lynch. Sean Payton would come up with different formations to make Jimmy Graham a factor, this OC cannot do that effectively. 

All the creativity is in the run offense, hinging on the fact that the D will keep the score low and close. But if they have to pass to put up tons of points, the creativity is missing.

He is the best I've ever seen, with 2011 being in the top 5 QB seasons all time imo. By the end of his career (still got 7-8 years left) it can be argued that he is the best QB ever. Even if he retires with only one ring. Personally I think he'll win one more ring. He has been the best QB in the NFL for some time now and will continue to rack up wins and stats. His 3:1 TD/ING ratio is unique.

He has a chance to be, but I don't think he's there yet.  I believe his Packers are 2-5 in the playoffs ever since their Super Bowl victory.  He's the best QB in the game right now, but he isn't the best of all time just yet

I understand your point of view but the NFL didn't start with Manning. I don't mean that in an insulting way. You compare Mannings first three seasons and Lucks first three. Manning had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison. Who did Luck have other than Wayne? I can only hope that Luck ends up with the impact players that Manning had. We have yet to have a RB that comes close to Edge. Allen and Fleener are good but I doubt they will ever be a Dilger or Clark. Wayne was great but he wasn't a Harrison and was older before Luck came. I never said Luck was going to be the greatest QB ever but his start is better than any QB under the circumstances in his first three years. That explains why all the tooting you mentioned. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but are you sure your more of a Manning fan that a Colt fan?

I'm definitely a Colts fan... Loved seeing Manning get beat by the Colts. I even loved seeing him get beat by the Seahawks. I don't even want him to win another Super Bowl.

Don't get why you said the NFL didn't start with Manning. I was attending Colt games, as a kid, since 1994. My parents had season tickets and I have fond memories of captain comeback.

Your assessment of the players surrounded by Luck and Manning, in their first three years, are all subjective. Also, I'd say Hilton is Lucks Harrison.

I just think watching Luck QB is a tad bit underwheliming after watching Manning play all of those years.

You say he has the best start of any QB in history yet disregard the era he is playing in. If you're going by stats, then you have to consider the era; if you're going by team wins, then Russell Wilson, Big Ben, and Brady have something to say about that.

You sure you aren't more of a Luck fan than a Colts fan?

So Rodgers said after the game "“And then getting help from God. I think God was a Packers fan tonight, so he was taking care of us,” Rodgers said, via ESPN.com.

Seems to be tweaking Wilson big time with that comment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/21/aaron-rodgers-god-was-a-packers-fan-on-sunday-night/

Lol that is hilarious. I wasn't aware of Wilson's comments following their NFC championship victory. I would have said the same thing if I was in Rodgers position.

I can't stand when football players talk about God when it comes to such frivolous matters as football. I remember when Ray Lewis talked about God when they beatbthebColts in 2012. It disgusted me.