Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boom Herron Waived/injured

backshoulderfade

I agree we will see with time how the running game will pan out this year. I guess I don't consider Bradshaw an elusive back I saw him as a power back along with others. Boom I thought was somewhat overrated a good back, but not as good as some saw him. Brown had flashes, but I was never impressed with him. The power backs in the past include Richardson and Tipton, both of which do not have good enough vision to find the right hole. I think Gore, Robinson, Ballard, and Varga will be much better in that regard.

Agreed about Boom. He's an ok back but I think a lot of us thought he was good because he was better than Trent (not that it takes much because almost every RB is better than Trent) but that said I liked boom but we have 4 capable RBs on the roster and will be fine.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed about Boom. He's an ok back but I think a lot of us thought he was good because he was better than Trent (not that it takes much because almost every RB is better than Trent) but that said I liked boom but we have 4 capable RBs on the roster and will be fine.

Hit the nail on the head. I like Boom too don't get me wrong he had some awesome flashes. However, we all thought he was much better than he was because he came in and outproduced Richardson, and that don't take much. I like the RBs we have on the roster, and I think everything will play out just fine. Lets see how the first couple games go then people can judge.

It could be the same situation that the Broncos had with Demarius Thomas. He was a 2011 2nd round pick who didn't produce until the 2013 season because of injuries. Brian Cushing is also in the same boat.

Varga isn't the problem for Ballard though. It's Robinson because he came from the same school and coaching but might have a higher ceiling.

Glad you brought that up as that is exactly what I was going to mention. I believe Ballard will bounce back. I may be wrong, but that is just what I think. I agree Ballard's #1 problem with seeing the field is Robinson as he does have a lot of potential.

Well I wasn't expecting this. But if he clears waivers doesn't he go to IR? That's what I don't get. Boom isn't hurt bad enough to miss the entire year is he? Somebody help me out with this. But I mean I think we'll be fine. I said the other day I wouldn't be surprised if Varga or J-Rob surpassed him on the depth chart. And I know everybody thinks Ballard is done but I think he's gonna surprise everybody. If he can stay healthy he and Gore would be a really good 1-2 punch. And I love Varga btw. Glad he's made it.

robinson got a concussion. why arent you bagging on him for getting hurt

It's a concussion. Might as well bag on Robinson, Hilton & every other NFL player

Difference between Robinson & Ballard. Robinson got his injury from contact. Ballard can't even make it through practice without missing the whole season

Well I wasn't expecting this. But if he clears waivers doesn't he go to IR? That's what I don't get. Boom isn't hurt bad enough to miss the entire year is he? Somebody help me out with this. But I mean I think we'll be fine. I said the other day I wouldn't be surprised if Varga or J-Rob surpassed him on the depth chart. And I know everybody thinks Ballard is done but I think he's gonna surprise everybody. If he can stay healthy he and Gore would be a really good 1-2 punch. And I love Varga btw. Glad he's made it.

Yes he will revert to our IR if he clears waivers. There hasn't been an update on his injury or the severity, but going off of him being waived I would have to guess it is significant. I agree with you I think Ballard is going to surprise some people this year.

It's a concussion. Might as well bag on Robinson, Hilton & every other NFL player

Difference between Robinson & Ballard. Robinson got his injury from contact. Ballard can't even make it through practice without missing the whole season

Ballard pulled a hamstring. Might as well bag on every other NFL player.

Fact is, Robinson has been out this preseason as much as Ballard, but that's not convenient for your, so called, "argument".

All the starters on the O-Line were not playing in the game only a few were.

Edit: and it was only for the first 2 drives I believe. Then all the backups came in. I am going to rewatch the game and take some notes. I may be wrong, but I will correct myself then.

You do that and let me know what you see. And don't just watch the guy with the ball!

So if he makes it the whole season while seeing significant time you will say you were wrong?

Won't have to. But if by some miracle he does make it with more than.... let's set a number here...... 60 carries minimum

If he makes it 60 carries without a single injury I'll leave him alone.

Deal?

robinson and varga knock on wood have the same chance of getting hurt as ballard

Ballard is already hurt.

Also, no they don't Ballard has a injury history and re-injury concerns are real. Ballards style of play will most likely never be the same too, just like anyone who has more than 1 devastating injuries.

Won't have to. But if by some miracle he does make it with more than.... let's set a number here...... 60 carries minimum

Deal?

Deal. Just to clarify though I am not saying you are wrong for how you feel as you are justified, but not even giving him a chance is kinda harsh IMO. Seems kinda like you are hoping he goes down in Buffalo to prove you are right.

Let us get some perspective Christine Michael a uber talented RB goes for a 7th or 6th and people are worried about Herron a very average back with fumbling issues  not making it through the waiver system . Calm down it will be ok even if he does get claimed we are not loosing a star . Don't get me wrong I like Boom but he is a replicable piece to the puzzle .   

Deal?

lmao. You'll be pulling against Ballard to protect your "forum cred".

I look forward to your next apology thread. You clearly learned nothing from the last one.

the point is injuries happen. let ballard play and see what he can do. the colts wouldnt have kept him and if they didnt think he could help the team

Ballard is already hurt.

Also, no they don't Ballard has a injury history and re-injury concerns are real. Ballards style of play will most likely never be the same too, just like anyone who has more than 1 devastating injuries.

You are correct in some of your statement as I doubt Ballard will be completely the same, but Robinson getting another concussion is probably as likely as Ballard tweeking a hamstring again. Hamstrings and concussions happen all the time at least hamstrings recover after so long, but once you start getting concussions it usually is much easier to get another one in the future.

Ballard is already hurt.

so because you havent gotten hurt doesnt mean you cant. let ballard play and lets see what happens

Deal. Just to clarify though I am not saying you are wrong for how you feel as you are justified, but not even giving him a chance is kinda harsh IMO. Seems kinda like you are hoping he goes down in Buffalo to prove you are right.

He's had 3 years. 2 non contact injuries, time to move on. Shelf life for a RB is already short, he's shortened his that much more

robinson got a concussion. why arent you bagging on him for getting hurt

Ballard got an ACL tear and an achillies tear on his leg that he runs on (he's a rb). He's like RGIII in that sense now, permanently a step slower. Josh Robinson got a concussion, he's not running on his head.

thats just grigs refusing to admit he made a mistake taking that bum. I hated the pick since day one

Lol

And keeping Ballard is Grigson refusing to move on when there's better options already on the roster. Well, maybe not better since they're rookies. But more durable at least

WOWWW. But he said he was "Good". He said he was "Good"!

It depends on the question that is asked to determine what "I'm good" really means...

How ya feeling today? "I'm good."

Would you like fries with that? "I'm good"

Obviously he was more along the lines of wanting fries with that.

Boom came to us as an UDFA because there were so many injuries to the starters and TRich was underperforming.  He's a good straight line runner, ala DBrown, but goes down too easy and of course had the fumble issues.

Robinson, Varga, and Ballard (if 90% the same)  all seem to be better runners...shiftier and harder to bring down  JMO