Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Matthew Berry Prediction To Hope For!

NewColtsFan

The Colts and the Raiders have moved on, how about you? Even bringing his name in the thread is old and stale at this point.

I agree I just wish Grigs picked Lacy instead of Werner then they wouldʻnt have wasted a 1st for a RB that was overly fond of his O-line men by running into their butts all the time

I think so too but for a different reason.  I don't think Barry Sanders could get 1,000 yards behind this O-Line.  But.....where I think he's gonna have the most impact is in the passing game, both as a blocker and a receiver.  Remember last year when Bradshaw had all those receiving TD's before getting injured?  Frank can do the same and is faster.  I see Gore being Luck's safety valve and catching 60+ balls and scoring 6-8 receiving TD's (if he stays healthy).  Add in another 6-8 rushing TD's and 800 yards rushing and that's a pretty good year.

I think so too but for a different reason.  I don't think Barry Sanders could get 1,000 yards behind this O-Line.  But.....where I think he's gonna have the most impact is in the passing game, both as a blocker and a receiver.  Remember last year when Bradshaw had all those receiving TD's before getting injured?  Frank can do the same and is faster.  I see Gore being Luck's safety valve and catching 60+ balls and scoring 6-8 receiving TD's (if he stays healthy).  Add in another 6-8 rushing TD's and 800 yards rushing and that's a pretty good year.

Barry Sanders is 47 years old.  Of course he couldn't get 1000 yards behind this O-Line!

Berry made the comment Monday on Mike and Mike after CCarter asked him if it mattered about their age. Berry said he felt Gore had at least two good seasons in him.

Another thing which stood out though was when Chris asked about AJ. Berry said if you looked at last season, AJ has not really lost a step, it was purely the QB. He also said Wayne was targeted 112 or 117 times last year, and much of this came after the injury. If AJ is targeted as much as Reggie has been as the go to guy on third down to move the chains, AJ is going to have a real monster year. Berry said he liked AJ just as much, and with Luck throwing him the ball, it is a perfect match.

Berry made the comment Monday on Mike and Mike after CCarter asked him if it mattered about their age. Berry said he felt Gore had at least two good seasons in him.

Another thing which stood out though was when Chris asked about AJ. Berry said if you looked at last season, AJ has not really lost a step, it was purely the QB. He also said Wayne was targeted 112 or 117 times last year, and much of this came after the injury. If AJ is targeted as much as Reggie has been as the go to guy on third down to move the chains, AJ is going to have a real monster year. Berry said he liked AJ just as much, and with Luck throwing him the ball, it is a perfect match.

while Johnson has lost a little bit he has also never played with a QB anywhere close to the level of Luck. You might see AJ seemingly find the fountain of youth just like Jerry Rice did when he first got to the Raiders. I think Luck's favorite target this year is going to be Johnson and I expect that to be really good for us and bad for other teams.

while Johnson has lost a little bit he has also never played with a QB anywhere close to the level of Luck. You might see AJ seemingly find the fountain of youth just like Jerry Rice did when he first got to the Raiders. I think Luck's favorite target this year is going to be Johnson and I expect that to be really good for us and bad for other teams.

I think AJ will benefit from having TY also. He has never really had a receiving team mate as good as TY. The combination of AJ, TY, Moncrief and the two TEs should make covering this offense a pretty tough job. I think maybe not one of them will have huge numbers but huge numbers added all together. Cool thing is it seems like the back ups in rotation with the starters are also pretty good.

Berry is super high on Gore and Johnson this year. and for once is not hating TY (as a fantasy option, not as a person/player). However, he did say this year he hates Fleener (again, as a fantasy option), but did say he isn't very good at football despite having better stats than a lot of other TE's last year. Basically he's only useful if Allen is injured or else don't bother with him.....fantasy wise of course.

Love Gore...always have.  He is 'younger' than I thought. :)  Going to be a good year.

PS:  Trent Richardson is gone.  We have gone over and over about him.  I for one was WRONG about him giving him every chance.  Time to put TRich in the past and go get the  :lombardi:  :lombardi:  :lombardi:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!

Have you seen Barry Sanders recently though?  Dude looks great.  I actually think probably could get 1000 yards.  Not with the Colts OL, but with the Cowboys.....definitely.

Looking great and feeling great at 47 is simply awesome.  Playing NFL football at 47 is a death wish.  He has his health.  Keep it...:)  

lol

Gore hasn`t had 30 receptions in a season since 2010 AND Luck throws the ball deep rather than hit a safety valve.

Wait, maybe Luck does grow up this season and learn a short game.

lol

Gore hasn`t had 30 receptions in a season since 2010 AND Luck throws the ball deep rather than hit a safety valve.

Wait, maybe Luck does grow up this season and learn a short game.

Oh.  Luck.  I though you were talking about Tiger Woods for a minute, there.   LOL

Berry is super high on Gore and Johnson this year. and for once is not hating TY (as a fantasy option, not as a person/player). However, he did say this year he hates Fleener (again, as a fantasy option), but did say he isn't very good at football despite having better stats than a lot of other TE's last year. Basically he's only useful if Allen is injured or else don't bother with him.....fantasy wise of course.

Got to agree with him on our TEs. The only reason to stay away from either is the other. But even if the Colts had one receiving TE, ala Clark, there are so many other weapons he'll sometimes get shut out. Great problem for the Colts, bad one for a fantasy owner.

Got to agree with him on our TEs. The only reason to stay away from either is the other. But even if the Colts had one receiving TE, ala Clark, there are so many other weapons he'll sometimes get shut out. Great problem for the Colts, bad one for a fantasy owner.

So glad I have never played in fantasy 'anything.'    happy-nodding-smiley-face-emoticon.gif